Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387995 times)

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #5250 on: May 15, 2015, 06:06:46 AM »
*Jumping in with no idea what peeps are talking about*

I just thought I should say that I am so surprised, and so very happy, that I was made a Safe-Zone Citizen, even though it feels slightly like I don't deserve it, lol.

I would also like to beg forgiveness for my lack of activity. The past week I've had two exams, and I have two more coming up, so I'm quite busy, plus having to work a lot more so I can afford living and breathing.

I will try to pop by once in a while, but I can't promise much more, because I am a stressed, nervous wreck, lol.

Hope you're all doing fine, and I miss youuuu~
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #5251 on: May 15, 2015, 10:58:01 AM »
Hey fellow forumites!

What kind of forum games do you play around here? Do you make new threads when you get on play-by-post adventures? Can I make a thread for my own game? Or should I necro one of the previous ones? Is there greater interest in simpler text games or something complex and strategically-minded would be appreciated? Cooperative or competitive? I have buncha of various forum games on the other little forum I frequent (bay12) and I thought about maybe bringing a game or two here...

I'm mostly asking because the community looks so nice and friendly, and I don't want to start off with a forum faux pas that would haunt me forever ._.

There are a couple of SSSS RPGs in development if those would interest you.  One as a standalone tabletop system, the other designed to be playable over the forum.

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #5252 on: May 15, 2015, 11:15:16 AM »
:
Storytime!

So, my town is 98% LDS, right? That means that seeing a can of beer or an inebriated person is a little like seeing a unicorn - it doesn't happen.

Meanwhile, I really like Bundaberg Ginger Beer - non-alcoholic, wonderfully flavorful, and clears your head right up.
Apparently, it looks like some sort of beer bottle.

So whenever I walk around town carrying a bottle of Bundaberg, I get the strangest looks. Yesterday, I received my first ever leer! So proud. I can pass through large crowds, simply carrying that bottle, and people will get out of my way. It's the best :P

Oooooh I ADORE bundaberg (as I do all ginger products), but alas I am allergic. ;_; And heeeeey waitasecond... do you live in Happy Valley as well? *shifty eyes at you* Because that's where your resident heathen (*coughmecough*) lives.

Quote from: Haspen
Hey now, "friendly" and "faux pas that will haunt you forever" are contradictions in terms, wouldn't you say? Do your thing! A lot of those games sound very interesting--I may not have time, but if you start them in the play by post thread (or your own thread) I'll definitely pop my head in!

Quote from: Everybody talking about holidays
I was under the impression that Europe has a crapton of holidays compared to the US just as a matter of course--many of them Catholic holidays but others just traditional for the area. At least that's what my good German friend and my calendar of All The World's Holidays tells me. :P

No worries! I've been busy too, it happens--hence my super long posts quoting everyone ever, lol. XD Life intervenes but the internet is foreverrrrrr

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5253 on: May 15, 2015, 01:10:42 PM »
You how some relatives/family friends visit (this time some people from czech i cannot remember at all but it seems they remember me) and they always say stuff like "OH MY YOU'VE GROWN INTO QUITE THE LADY"

and you're like

yes
the ladiest lady
that's me
you'll know where to find me.

Haspen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Hat Kat
« Reply #5254 on: May 15, 2015, 01:13:10 PM »
Only 157cm? I'm 184cm...

*looks from above at the tiny lady :3*
Languages? Only :poland: and :uk: I'm afraid!

My 'dream catalogue' - Are you ready to delve into crazy? You probably aren't, so remember that you're clicking this at your own responsibility.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #5255 on: May 15, 2015, 01:15:13 PM »
Only 157cm? I'm 184cm...

*looks from above at the tiny lady :3*
ahahahaha why are people so tall. what gods did you anger

half the joke is the fact that I'm not even a girl and that being called lady does in fact make me a tad uncomfortable. at least i have finally figured out why
(no offence taken btw)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:19:03 PM by Haiz »

Haspen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Hat Kat
« Reply #5256 on: May 15, 2015, 01:33:39 PM »
Most of my family is 180+.

My grandfather from mother's side was 199cm. Tallest person in family, surpassed only by one of his uncles, but I don't know what was that uncle's height.

EDIT: Also thanks everyone for support about the games... SpaceXplorers! is ready to play. Hopefully we will all have fun with it :3
Languages? Only :poland: and :uk: I'm afraid!

My 'dream catalogue' - Are you ready to delve into crazy? You probably aren't, so remember that you're clicking this at your own responsibility.

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #5257 on: May 15, 2015, 01:49:48 PM »
yes
the ladiest lady
that's me
yes. quite :)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #5258 on: May 15, 2015, 02:22:28 PM »
yes
the ladiest lady
that's me
"lady" is just a word and it's up to you to define what being a lady means to you :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #5259 on: May 15, 2015, 02:25:44 PM »
"lady" is just a word and it's up to you to define what being a lady means to you :)

I am at my ladiest with a sword in hand

but yeah I know it's just a word and I don't usually mind!! I just always had this thing where I always felt too young to be called "lady" and "young woman" and all that, but the older I got the less of an excuse I had for feeling that way... At age 18/19 I was like "yo brain what's up with that" and then I was like "ooooooooooooh"

edit: ahaha ha ha sorry for bringing up gender stuff all the time. I'm trying to be lowkey about it but I can only keep lowkey about things for like five seconds. what is filter
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:48:42 PM by Haiz »

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #5260 on: May 15, 2015, 03:50:55 PM »
Well it's not like height is everything. I'm like around 187cm or so, but i only weigh around 60kg so i don't exactly look like a lumbering giant.  ;D

Blackjazz

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • ~Je suis Le Chapeau~
« Reply #5261 on: May 15, 2015, 04:13:29 PM »

I am at my ladiest with a sword in hand.

Best. Sentence. Ever. If that's how it is, never change. XD
As for height, I think I'm only 160cm or somewhere around there. So, you aren't super short.
Native: :usa:.
Lots :france:  :mexico:  Little :italy: Learning :southkorea:
On the list: everything
:chap6: :chap7:
Enjoy yourself; it is later than you think.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #5262 on: May 15, 2015, 05:00:25 PM »

I am at my ladiest with a sword in hand

but yeah I know it's just a word and I don't usually mind!! I just always had this thing where I always felt too young to be called "lady" and "young woman" and all that, but the older I got the less of an excuse I had for feeling that way... At age 18/19 I was like "yo brain what's up with that" and then I was like "ooooooooooooh"

edit: ahaha ha ha sorry for bringing up gender stuff all the time. I'm trying to be lowkey about it but I can only keep lowkey about things for like five seconds. what is filter
Filter is for water; it makes water most best.  That's what filter is. 
They sell them in grocery stores here.  If they do the same in Norway, you can put one in your head and see if it works for brains, too!

Well it's not like height is everything. I'm like around 187cm or so, but i only weigh around 60kg so i don't exactly look like a lumbering giant.  ;D

That was me until about 9 or 10 months ago.  I'm gaining weight for the first time ever!  \o/
Feel free to PM.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #5263 on: May 15, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »
Best. Sentence. Ever. If that's how it is, never change. XD
As for height, I think I'm only 160cm or somewhere around there. So, you aren't super short.
the thing is.............. I'm an archer

and yes there are lots of short people here!! short people unite

FinnishViking and Eich, are you...... are you made of twigs or something

edit: 888 posts! *hi fives self*
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:18:15 PM by Haiz »

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #5264 on: May 15, 2015, 05:42:21 PM »
All this talk about height and such made me remeasure my height and stuff.
Seriously I've gotten shorter. I was 5'4" now I'm 5'2". (163ish cm to 157ish cm.) I'm not sure if I've always been shorter than I thought . . . hmm. . .I think I weigh 130ish lbs or 58-59 k? So I'm kinda average?
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: