Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410598 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4935 on: May 04, 2015, 04:42:13 PM »
Meanwhile the prize for the most comments goes to...

I'm a blitz poster, clearly.
This community is giving me too much acknowledgement and it's addictive
....... but yeah you better brush up some fancy derelict airport for me to rule over. maybe Værnes, just so I can rename it 'Hell International Airport'
Come to think of it, soon there will be double airport holders.

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #4936 on: May 04, 2015, 04:49:04 PM »
GUYS! Look! Look!! I have a thing! It is one of my birthday presents~ It is from the awesometacular Koeshi! These pencils are so amazing! I just thought I needed to share their brilliance!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4937 on: May 04, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »
Oooooo nice! That's a really awesome present!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4938 on: May 04, 2015, 05:00:56 PM »
*swoons*
art supplies are the most beautiful thing in the world, honestly
you'll know where to find me.

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4939 on: May 04, 2015, 05:33:20 PM »
*swoons*
art supplies are the most beautiful thing in the world, honestly

Yes...and every art shop is like a little heaven/hell...you walk in and you can feel your bank account balance significantly shrinking. But still...you keep on going back. :D
Oooooo nice! That's a really awesome present!
The best!! :D They're amazing to work with, I should post some art with them soon...:X they're so precious I am somewhat afraid to use them.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4940 on: May 04, 2015, 05:37:01 PM »
The best!! :D They're amazing to work with, I should post some art with them soon...:X they're so precious I am somewhat afraid to use them.

I know that feeling all too well. With a brand new set it's almost impossible to actually start working with them because they're so beautiful and perfect, all sharp, same length and in perfect order... fast forward two days and the order is lost forever and there's only a stub left of the black one. :P
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4941 on: May 04, 2015, 05:42:11 PM »
:X they're so precious I am somewhat afraid to use them.
This! I just got a ton of beautiful pencils to (COLORED PENCIL HIGH FIVE) but they're so gorgeous that I don't even want to touch them.... but of course I do what am I talking about
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4942 on: May 04, 2015, 05:45:43 PM »
Yes...and every art shop is like a little heaven/hell...you walk in and you can feel your bank account balance significantly shrinking. But still...you keep on going back.
I KNOWwww
worst part is, I don't really need more supplies, either. We have this stash of art supplies bought back in the 80s in czech for real cheap, aaaand my mom is also an art teacher and brings back leftover supplies, like all these markers someone wrote their name on but then switched schools or something. I immediately yoink them like MY MARKERS NOW
(also the reason I have like. three sets of watercolours)

and yet. the amount i spend on fancy new art supplies.......................

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #4943 on: May 04, 2015, 05:47:42 PM »
Aww, shiny new little toys! I know the feeling to be afraid to work with something beautiful, only for me it's fabric...
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4944 on: May 04, 2015, 05:49:58 PM »
GUYS! Look! Look!! I have a thing! It is one of my birthday presents~ It is from the awesometacular Koeshi! These pencils are so amazing! I just thought I needed to share their brilliance!

This is so beautiful... *-*

Well... I didn't know where to post this (I thought about the Comfort Corner, but it is not such a big deal, really)...
I'm drowning myself right now in an ocean of "A Redtail's Dream" feels. I mean, I love SSSS and all, but I'm STILL not over ARtD. I keep going back to this glorious webcomic and I can't read the last pages without getting a little teary-eyed. I miss all the characters and I keep looking for fanart (even though I know there isn't a lot of it).
Every time I see someone on the forum with a ARtD avatar or signature I can't help but go "EEEE" inside.

Aaaand... That's it. Just needed to vent a little. Carry on. :P
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4945 on: May 04, 2015, 05:53:48 PM »
Yes...and every art shop is like a little heaven/hell...you walk in and you can feel your bank account balance significantly shrinking. But still...you keep on going back. :D The best!! :D They're amazing to work with, I should post some art with them soon...:X they're so precious I am somewhat afraid to use them.
I KNOWwww
worst part is, I don't really need more supplies, either. We have this stash of art supplies bought back in the 80s in czech for real cheap, aaaand my mom is also an art teacher and brings back leftover supplies, like all these markers someone wrote their name on but then switched schools or something. I immediately yoink them like MY MARKERS NOW

Saaame, to both :P When I get home I really need to photograph my massive pen & marker hoard...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #4946 on: May 04, 2015, 06:03:38 PM »
Well... I didn't know where to post this (I thought about the Comfort Corner, but it is not such a big deal, really)...
I'm drowning myself right now in an ocean of "A Redtail's Dream" feels. I mean, I love SSSS and all, but I'm STILL not over ARtD. I keep going back to this glorious webcomic and I can't read the last pages without getting a little teary-eyed. I miss all the characters and I keep looking for fanart (even though I know there isn't a lot of it).
Every time I see someone on the forum with a ARtD avatar or signature I can't help but go "EEEE" inside.
*hugs you*
I reallyreally understand the feeling about things that are over? Like okay SSSS is at least still going on and will be going on for a long time, and it updates often so you get a fresh fix, but artd is..... it's over. I for one read artd right after catching up on ssss so I don't really have the same connection to it others might have, but I understand how you feel? It reminds me a lot of how I felt after finishing a Chronicles of Ancient Darkness - it has a lot of the same themes and feelings now that I think about it, actually. That probably explains why I've been hit for a sudden longing for CoAD again lately............. It feels like an ancient forest that took root in my heart and will just never go away and I don't want it to, no matter how sad it makes me

I only have this sad and blurry picture of my now mostly dead and dry tria markers

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4947 on: May 04, 2015, 06:12:20 PM »
I KNOWwww

Oh that feeling...Yes, I have so many sketchbooks as well, each for different things. And Ink! So much INK! I will take pictures of all my feathers and inks.
Saaame, to both :P When I get home I really need to photograph my massive pen & marker hoard...
Do that! Art supplies hoards are teh best thing!
This! I just got a ton of beautiful pencils to (COLORED PENCIL HIGH FIVE) but they're so gorgeous that I don't even want to touch them.... but of course I do what am I talking about
But you do spend an awful amount of time staring at them like Golum going "My precious" ...

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4948 on: May 04, 2015, 06:25:27 PM »
Aww, shiny new little toys! I know the feeling to be afraid to work with something beautiful, only for me it's fabric...
The same for me with new notebooks ;)
Fabrics, it's another story. I'm afraid of cutting them *Beginner in sewing*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4949 on: May 04, 2015, 08:44:03 PM »
Good for your soon-to-be-very-used art supplies!

Things I will never get about art
  • PENCIL HARDNESS

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney