Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411206 times)

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4545 on: April 19, 2015, 05:16:48 PM »
My breakfasts are only bits of any food. It doesn't really matter at this point, so long as I don't get bathroom problems, or, really hungry. I'm not really *that* picky when it comes to eating. Unless otherwise stated. :P

But breakfast is just anything I can eat in the morning for me.

Normally my family eats all bread in the evening so there´s really not much choice in the morning... and all other family-members eat muesli or yoghurt. I think I could warm to some fruit in the morning...but I´m not really a morning-person and don´t want to get up earlier to prepare something, so I´m content with my cup of warm caffeinated liquid. (As it is, I still have to get up at 6.20 am...)
And I am picky  ;D At least my husband says so...

You win the "least nutritious breakfast alternative" contest 2015, here's your diploma.

He, thank you! I´ll hang it on my wall with the other diplomas.  ;D
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4546 on: April 19, 2015, 05:22:09 PM »
What are you talking about, sandwhiches are the definition of breakfast.
When I was little and we had my grandparents who were farmers at home, their breakfast was made of ham, eggs and cheese. For us, as children, it was really strange because a "classical" breakfast didn't include salty food.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #4547 on: April 19, 2015, 05:23:28 PM »
Ah. Well. I am of the hearty breakfast school, I guess. Especially when my job was fairly demanding physically.

Proteins and fats in the morning, when they are easier to digest. Light dinner, so that I don't feel like sleeping. A good supper to top off the day.

Pancakes are a weekend thing.

I like to get some croissants and chocolatines for Sunday. I dunno. It feels right.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4548 on: April 19, 2015, 05:24:58 PM »
When I was little and we had my grandparents who were farmers at home, their breakfast was made of ham, eggs and cheese. For us, as children, it was really strange because a "classical" breakfast didn't include salty food.

Just that, on a platter? No bread? Not even a baguette?

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4549 on: April 19, 2015, 05:32:59 PM »
Fighting fire with fire as they call it. I kinda want to try this hakarl thing now, to see what the fuzz is all about.

One day those words will seal your fate. All you need to do is visit Iceland and mention this to someone - anyone - it's a bit of a country sport to feed hákarl to unsuspecting visitors. Heh, if I ever meet you IRL you know what's gonna happen.
IMO it's not as much the taste as the consistency + smell combination, although there aren't many good things I could say about the taste either.  :P
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #4550 on: April 19, 2015, 05:35:29 PM »
Ah. Well. I am of the hearty breakfast school, I guess. Especially when my job was fairly demanding physically.

Proteins and fats in the morning, when they are easier to digest. Light dinner, so that I don't feel like sleeping. A good supper to top off the day.

Pancakes are a weekend thing.

I like to get some croissants and chocolatines for Sunday. I dunno. It feels right.

I can understand a hearty breakfast if you are working physically. Unfortunately my job consists of mainly sitting motionlessly staring at the computer...
Pancakes are a midday-meal. Apple-pancakes with sugar and cinnamon, yum! (For clarification: the thin german pancakes, almost like crepes)
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4551 on: April 19, 2015, 05:47:32 PM »
Just that, on a platter? No bread? Not even a baguette?
With bread, of course. (How can I not mention it ? *Tired*) And salted butter.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4552 on: April 19, 2015, 06:01:28 PM »
Heh, if I ever meet you IRL you know what's gonna happen.
IMO it's not as much the taste as the consistency + smell combination, although there aren't many good things I could say about the taste either.  :P

I suspect it will involve a potentially hazardous amount of hakarl and potentially regret.

Funnily enough I was just watching Gordon Ramsay on youtube and out of the blue he decides to try hakarl. He did not make it. RIP.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4553 on: April 19, 2015, 06:28:21 PM »
I... actually kind of hate breakfast so I generally just eat something like cereal (bland), bread (bland), or a baguette with brie (distinctly less bland and my personal favorite). What do you mean that's too much starch I will fight you

In all seriousness, though, I just go straight to lunch if given the choice, and sandwiches are some of my favorite lunches, so sandwiches = kind of breakfast? Best breakfast? Yeah, that.
YEET

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #4554 on: April 19, 2015, 06:44:42 PM »
What do you mean that's too much starch I will fight you
Never enough starch!
And for breakfasts sandwiches, I usually just put cheese between toast or don't eat. Breakfast is weird, it's usually just bread
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4555 on: April 19, 2015, 07:00:37 PM »
What do you mean that's too much starch I will fight you

Heheh that sounds like something my sister would say - she loves potatoes and has said she'd be content eating only potato things if she were able. ::)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4556 on: April 19, 2015, 07:05:42 PM »
Heheh that sounds like something my sister would say - she loves potatoes and has said she'd be content eating only potato things if she were able. ::)

Are you sure your sister is not me because I am 100% sure I have said that at least twice in the past week alone

guess what i'm having for dinner: potatoes.
YEET

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #4557 on: April 19, 2015, 07:48:07 PM »
You know those days when you're just so lazy you procrastinate everything and then you're bored? Yeah that's me right now

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4558 on: April 19, 2015, 07:52:13 PM »
You know those days when you're just so lazy you procrastinate everything and then you're bored? Yeah that's me right now

So... you mean every day? ???

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #4559 on: April 19, 2015, 08:14:16 PM »
That's been my day today! 
Got two group reports to write, but I'm tempted to be the guy who doesn't do anything this time around.
Feel free to PM.