Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411665 times)

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3705 on: February 28, 2015, 11:03:17 AM »
Ugh.. I had very slow and lazy week full of headache :/

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3706 on: February 28, 2015, 03:14:55 PM »
Ahh, finally got respite from a long two few weeks in the form of a good ten-hour sleep. Also, apparently my night is compleeetely free, which never happens, and I have no idea what to do with it. Hmm. This should be the opposite of a problem.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3707 on: March 01, 2015, 12:54:46 PM »
Heh, I knocked over my can of shaving cream in the shower today.  I didn't think anything of it, until I saw it was LEAKING SHAVING CREAM EVERYWHERE.  So I spent about half an hour this morning just waiting for it all to sloooooowly leak out and depressurize, and washing hardened shaving cream down a drain with cold water.  It also didn't help that the drain was mostly clogged up.  -_-  Not my finest hour. 

Ahh, finally got respite from a long two few weeks in the form of a good ten-hour sleep. Also, apparently my night is compleeetely free, which never happens, and I have no idea what to do with it. Hmm. This should be the opposite of a problem.
Sleepy weekends are most best weekends.  I love those days where you go to sleep early, and still wake up in the afternoon.  The day that follows is best spent watching tv from under a blanket... and eating cookies.
Feel free to PM.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3708 on: March 01, 2015, 01:05:27 PM »
So I spent about half an hour this morning just waiting for it all to sloooooowly leak out and depressurize, and washing hardened shaving cream down a drain with cold water.
... wouldn't it have been easier and faster to stuff the can into a plastic bag, let that sit someplace (sink?) 'til the can was done uncanning, and start cleaning the bathroom right away ... ? ???
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3709 on: March 01, 2015, 01:22:01 PM »
... wouldn't it have been easier and faster to stuff the can into a plastic bag, let that sit someplace (sink?) 'til the can was done uncanning, and start cleaning the bathroom right away ... ? ???
I sped things up a bit by pressing the button on the can, so it would drain faster.  Thankfully it was contained to the tub and shower curtain, so the only "cleaning" that was involved was just angling the shower head around and washing it down.  The main problem was how slowly my shower drains, and my general reluctance to get in and speed things up with my hands. 

I'm not sure if I even have plastic bags, actually...  That would probably be a good thing to know... 
Feel free to PM.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3710 on: March 01, 2015, 01:34:47 PM »
Sleepy weekends are most best weekends.  I love those days where you go to sleep early, and still wake up in the afternoon.  The day that follows is best spent watching tv from under a blanket... and eating cookies.

Mmm yes. I need cookies STAT. Preferably a whole box.

I'm not sure if I even have plastic bags, actually...  That would probably be a good thing to know... 

Heh, I actually keep a giant plastic bag that's filled with other plastic bags. It comes in handy.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3711 on: March 01, 2015, 01:57:58 PM »
Heh, I actually keep a giant plastic bag that's filled with other plastic bags. It comes in handy.
I have several such contraptions - one that stays in the car trunk, one at the workplace, one in a large shopping bag that I take places when I expect to have stuff to carry away from there, etc..

(But my largest plastic bag is a "basketwork" one that's intended to collect green prunings. I collect returnable bottles in it.)

I pretty much never pay for a plastic bag. I throw them away when they're soiled with something and use them as garbage bags (which I only buy for others when they want some), yet they keep accumulating as if I were the plastic (bag) vortex of hammerspace. :o (Granted, I do a lot of fast food.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:01:52 PM by JoB »
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3712 on: March 01, 2015, 02:21:11 PM »
I have several such contraptions - one that stays in the car trunk, one at the workplace, one in a large shopping bag that I take places when I expect to have stuff to carry away from there, etc..

(But my largest plastic bag is a "basketwork" one that's intended to collect green prunings. I collect returnable bottles in it.)

I pretty much never pay for a plastic bag. I throw them away when they're soiled with something and use them as garbage bags (which I only buy for others when they want some), yet they keep accumulating as if I were the plastic (bag) vortex of hammerspace. :o (Granted, I do a lot of fast food.)

Yeah, I use mine mostly as trash bags (occasionally lunch bags), but I buy stuff quicker than it takes to fill a trash bag, so the collection is ever-growing. And at the grocery store they always double-bag my stuff, so I can come home with as many as six plastic bags sometimes.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3713 on: March 01, 2015, 05:33:40 PM »
Random thought of the day: If we registered SSSS as a cult we could probably save Minna some expenditures. Religions are tax-deductible after all.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #3714 on: March 01, 2015, 08:43:05 PM »
...That moment when you come back after a three and a half day absence and find the list of unread threads so long that you click the "mark all as read" button to save yourself a feeling of ...guilt? Why do I feel guilty when there are unread threads?

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #3715 on: March 01, 2015, 09:56:06 PM »
That's exactly what my mom does - A gigantic plastic blag containing LOADS of smaller ones in them. The larger ones like Panera Bread and Barnes and Noble just go off to the side. We use and store every single plastic bag usable, even for cutting up to cover the sides of the windows when it gets cold during the winter. It certainly does come in handy. XD
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3716 on: March 01, 2015, 10:19:23 PM »
Heh, I knocked over my can of shaving cream in the shower today.  I didn't think anything of it, until I saw it was LEAKING SHAVING CREAM EVERYWHERE.  So I spent about half an hour this morning just waiting for it all to sloooooowly leak out and depressurize, and washing hardened shaving cream down a drain with cold water.  It also didn't help that the drain was mostly clogged up.  -_-  Not my finest hour. 
Ahhhhh....ahahah what a mess XP was this at your university or at your house-house? XD
Uuuuuuuuunless you live with your parents and family in which case that would be unacceptable unless you were gravely injured ;____; *cookie tears*

Ha, speaking of which, the bruise city on my leg has decided that it will not cooperate with my jeans'...seams...? Or casual movement in general.. Hahaha..

Speaking of awkward pain, CLASS THIS MORNING. I made up a company last light: a coffee cafe place, did some logos etc, made up a pitch and speech in the car, presented to the class got an embarrassing amount of praise.... And now the teacher wants me to go back to botanical garden logos -___- We had to do 3 hours of constant logo designs in class. It was hell. I think my body had decided to rebel against this boringness and "accidentally" (it was honestly an accident but I was also relieved it happened and didn't seem very surprised...) knock over a cup of paint water. All over the table. So I had to discreetly tear pages out of my journal to try soaking it up before my desk buddy returned from the bathroom. Paper isn't as absorbent as I thought it was.....but I fixed it before it reached their art book. I just... I'm so done with this morning and this whole day in general and the cafeteria DOESNT EVEN HAVE FOOD TODAY and the library is all full up and and.....just so much frustration and nope-ness today. Agh. I'm sorry.

Also, I forgot my glasses today and can't see :( that's probably why I'm so grumpy :/ :\ :/
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #3717 on: March 02, 2015, 03:39:43 AM »
*emerges from artmode*

I am here to announce to the world that Youtube comment remover/blocker add-ons are a thing, and that they are wonderful, and that your life (and loading times, and blood pressure, and mental health, and all manner of things) will vastly improve if you use it.

I am certain that there are ones available for Firefox and for Chrome. I have no clue for Safari or for IE. But search, and you will probably find.

*disappears into artmode again*
Am notified of private messages via email.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3718 on: March 02, 2015, 07:43:16 PM »
Studying is not going well at all.  Today sucks. 
My brain is... just not making connections like it normally does, right now.  Hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow morning's test.

Also I may have failed the test I had this morning.
Today really sucks.
Maybe we need a venting thread...
Feel free to PM.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3719 on: March 02, 2015, 08:01:14 PM »
Sooo... I went online to apply for campus housing for next year, and apparently all the rooms in all but one building are sold out... and I'm kind of panicking because the one left is the super-expensive far-away-from-everything building that I can't afford and I seriously don't know what to do aaaaah *collapses onto floor*  (okay, actually panicking maybe)