Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387536 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3675 on: February 24, 2015, 11:21:01 AM »
What would that be? Ruler of a Derelict Oil Rig?
Maybe Ruler of Rulers of derelict airports. If pirate king is a title then why not that. Or maybe just Ruler in Chief.

I have a plan.
Care to share?

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3676 on: February 24, 2015, 11:22:21 AM »
I have a plan.
Would "FD chief in a burning cleanser depot" happen to feature in it? :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #3677 on: February 24, 2015, 11:22:59 AM »
What would that be? Ruler of a Derelict Oil Rig?

RULER OF THE WORLD. And it shall only be given as a title to the first that reaches the post count!

Or maybe Grade A Kitty. I would be fine with that.

It shall be done.  I meant to do that a while ago, actually.

I have a plan.

Yay! And yay!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3678 on: February 24, 2015, 11:28:21 AM »
RULER OF THE WORLD. And it shall only be given as a title to the first that reaches the post count!
What a surprise...

Would "FD chief in a burning cleanser depot" happen to feature in it? :P
Sounds like a position where the workload can only grow exponentially.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3679 on: February 24, 2015, 12:25:25 PM »
Maybe Ruler of Rulers of derelict airports. If pirate king is a title then why not that. Or maybe just Ruler in Chief.
Care to share?
Something to do with taming hoards of wild cats, probably.
Also another one... It was the... The guys who are like... Valhallans?  They're not gods, but they work for them, maybe?  I can't remember the names.  That one was going to be quite far off.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3680 on: February 24, 2015, 12:29:38 PM »
Also another one... It was the... The guys who are like... Valhallans?  They're not gods, but they work for them, maybe?  I can't remember the names.  That one was going to be quite far off.
You mean einherjars (viking equivalent of angels)?

If ruler of a derelict airport is too difficult to top we could technically bump it up a couple of levels and add some titles in between. There are plenty of suggestions in the improvements thread.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3681 on: February 24, 2015, 12:56:59 PM »
A half-way decent first attempt at making a hnefatafl game. Blade I used to cut up the pieces ended up being too thick (my tools are more geared towards larger scale work), so chipped off parts of some, while the wood I used for the board was some old rubbish lying around and chipped in a similar way even when just whittling it. Still, good enough for own use.

That's wonderful!  I look forward to playing on it at our next convention!   :)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3682 on: February 24, 2015, 03:27:26 PM »
Those really are amazing.  Mind if I copy this link into the "News of the Outside World" thread, so it doesn't get buried under the influx of Gen'l Discussion posts?
It's a link and the second result when I googled for "derelict airport", I wouldn't dream of holding any claims on it that would prevent you from reposting it. :D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3683 on: February 24, 2015, 05:13:03 PM »
There are plenty of reasons for them not to be as well. Like for instance how unreasonable it is to assume someone is likely a horrible human being based simply on their sex. There's a word for that and it's discrimination.
I wanna write things but I can't...write them XD and I don't wan- I don't know. I can't write or think anything today heh

Edit No. 5 million and ten: I just can't write today haha
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:18:20 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #3684 on: February 24, 2015, 05:32:46 PM »
I wanna write things but I can't...write them XD and I don't wan- I don't know. I can't write or think anything today heh

Edit No. 5 million and ten: I just can't write today haha

*pat pat*

This is pretty much how I always feel about writing anything most things online. Eventually I give up and abandon the post. On some occasions I just hit "post" (which is why I post anything at all) and feel irrationally nervous for a few moments. Then...editing, yay!

(I resisted the urge to also abandon this post.)

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #3685 on: February 24, 2015, 06:21:30 PM »
*pat pat*

This is pretty much how I always feel about writing anything most things online. Eventually I give up and abandon the post. On some occasions I just hit "post" (which is why I post anything at all) and feel irrationally nervous for a few moments. Then...editing, yay!

Same. There's a reason I'm only at Scout level yet, and it's not because of lack of involvement, mm. *reads almost everything written on forum* Writing one post can take me anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours, and that's if I post it.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3686 on: February 24, 2015, 07:22:59 PM »
Same. There's a reason I'm only at Scout level yet, and it's not because of lack of involvement, mm. *reads almost everything written on forum* Writing one post can take me anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours, and that's if I post it.
*pat pat*

For what it's worth, you two always have very insightful things to say.  :)
Feel free to PM.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #3687 on: February 24, 2015, 07:56:02 PM »
I'm extremely lazy writer and often only write short posts, when i post.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:05:16 PM by Oskutin »

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #3688 on: February 24, 2015, 08:06:37 PM »
I um, intend to write insightful posts but then lose my train of thought of get embarrassed or overexcited and end up posting something short and/or trivial instead. (This is a good example.)

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #3689 on: February 25, 2015, 04:46:23 AM »
In the past when I had more time, if I was discussing a topic my posts were pretty much always several paragraphs long with references to relevant articles to back my point up.  And I still was used to having one of the highest post counts on forums.  These days I don't really have the time, most of my posts on here are sneaked out while at work.

If ruler of a derelict airport is too difficult to top we could technically bump it up a couple of levels and add some titles in between. There are plenty of suggestions in the improvements thread.

I think this is a good idea.  Derelict Airport is a good top level one, and there are still plenty of options like Cleanser that could be implemented as intermediate ranks.