Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387828 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3525 on: February 16, 2015, 11:00:56 AM »
But I'm supposed to take them at least 30 minutes before I go to bed D: So you see, leaving them by my bed wouldn't really do me much good. I suppose Fim's suggestion to keep them by my toothbrush might be worth a shot, though
Eh well, if you're just going to lie awake anyways then taking them when you go to bed is better than not taking them at all.

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #3526 on: February 16, 2015, 05:07:11 PM »
~we apologise for interrupting this transmission, but now: Owl's Weeky Complaints and Whinging~
-___-

It's gonna be a busy day today, but I feel like I'm made of cold porridge and my head is killing me... I was going to go to Orientation today but I decided this morning to go tomorrow in the hopes of getting a little more sleep this morning but noooo. I get a phone call about a burst pipe, then a call from my sister asking me to photocopy and scan and email her music book because she left it at home, now I've gotta go herd cows in from the hill paddock because a culinary class is coming this morning to choose a steer/learn about ethically healthy cows or whatever, THEN, THEN the tv crew (I don't know which one, we've had 3 different channels so far) is supposedly driving down here to arrive by lunchtime and I just feel too pooped to even think about it -____-
Also, my family have put me on a diet- because my own healthy eating (how am I supposedly getting fatter by eating salads etc?!? I don't even eat sugary/processed food etc but apparently eating vegetables and [freaking rationed now] meat is gluttonous? jeeeeeeez) just isn't working fast enough for them, and if it's not called a diet you won't lose weight blah blah blah, so I'm not allowed to eat nearly anything, and anything I DO eat is criticized no matter what it is. So I think my iron level has gotten lower as a result so maybe that's why I feel so blugh.

Maybe I'll feel better after a shower...

[/rant]
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3527 on: February 16, 2015, 05:20:35 PM »
Also, my family have put me on a diet- because my own healthy eating (how am I supposedly getting fatter by eating salads etc?!? I don't even eat sugary/processed food etc but apparently eating vegetables and [freaking rationed now] meat is gluttonous? jeeeeeeez) just isn't working fast enough for them, and if it's not called a diet you won't lose weight blah blah blah, so I'm not allowed to eat nearly anything, and anything I DO eat is criticized no matter what it is. So I think my iron level has gotten lower as a result so maybe that's why I feel so blugh.
Um, well, if changing diet doesn't help then it's usually what you use the food for. Or rather, what you don't use the food for. Obviously there are people who succeed by only dieting but excercise is a big help. You're a farmer though so I sort of assume that you get plenty of physical activity? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Being consigned to eating only salad sounds like a kind of vegetative purgatory to me.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #3528 on: February 16, 2015, 05:26:46 PM »
It's gonna be a busy day today, but I feel like I'm made of cold porridge and my head is killing me... I was going to go to Orientation today but I decided this morning to go tomorrow in the hopes of getting a little more sleep this morning but noooo. I get a phone call about a burst pipe, then a call from my sister asking me to photocopy and scan and email her music book because she left it at home, now I've gotta go herd cows in from the hill paddock because a culinary class is coming this morning to choose a steer/learn about ethically healthy cows or whatever, THEN, THEN the tv crew (I don't know which one, we've had 3 different channels so far) is supposedly driving down here to arrive by lunchtime and I just feel too pooped to even think about it -____-

Maybe I'll feel better after a shower...

[/rant]

Aw. :( *sends virtual hugs*

Even marginally busy days tend to stress me out a lot (granted, my stressful days do not include having to herd cows), so...well, it'll be an exceptionally busy day, but you'll be able to get through it! And take a nice, long shower. :)

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3529 on: February 16, 2015, 05:47:45 PM »
Agh update.

The sheet music won't email because the email program that this computer uses is ancient. So ancient that I have to do a whole lot of extra stuff for it to actually send or receive mail x___x and it's taking so long and now my little sister us literally texting me threats and telling me I need to learn how to use a computer, when, if she had spent some time preparing for class instead of making a bento box all night on loud speaker with all her boys, she wouldn't be in this situation -____-

I'm going to make some breakfast I think...

EDIT/UPDATE.
The cow moving and sorting went very very smoothly! Thank gosh! But now I smell like cow X/
But now I also have to do apple thinning, which I'm not very good or fast at, this afternoon. Ah well. I wanted to do baking but I guess that can wait till Thursday.

Um, well, if changing diet doesn't help then it's usually what you use the food for. Or rather, what you don't use the food for. Obviously there are people who succeed by only dieting but excercise is a big help. You're a farmer though so I sort of assume that you get plenty of physical activity? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Being consigned to eating only salad sounds like a kind of vegetative purgatory to me.
Hmmmmn I get days where I'm very active, and then lots of days when I'm not. :( And I tend to feel blargh/faint/sick sometimes and exercise just doesn't feel like a good idea when that happens :/ Short bursts of lots of exercise between rests is all I can do :I
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:37:16 PM by OrigamiOwl »

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #3530 on: February 16, 2015, 07:43:12 PM »
Awww *hugs Owlice* Ahem... maybe eating stuff secretly? No?  ::) Diets sound horrible! But I'm glad the cow-thing went well.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #3531 on: February 16, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »
If i must say two words what defines this forum...
Hugs and cookies.  :D

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3532 on: February 17, 2015, 04:36:00 AM »
If i must say two words what defines this forum...
Hugs and cookies.  :D
The forum does have its needs. But maybe we could get something like an annual steak and suplexes day, just for a change of scenery.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3533 on: February 17, 2015, 04:49:11 AM »
What's a suplex?  I'm not familiar with the term.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3534 on: February 17, 2015, 05:02:11 AM »
What's a suplex?  I'm not familiar with the term.
This is a suplex.

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #3535 on: February 17, 2015, 10:23:38 AM »
It is highly likely to get your face burnt in no time if you haven't been exposed to the sun for too long. But it turns out that you can get a sunburn even in winter in the Northen hemisphere. Or maybe normally you won't, and it's just me being "lucky" again  :P
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3536 on: February 17, 2015, 10:27:40 AM »
It is highly likely to get your face burnt in no time if you haven't been exposed to the sun for too long. But it turns out that you can get a sunburn even in winter in the Northen hemisphere. Or maybe normally you won't, and it's just me being "lucky" again  :P
If it's sunny (which it often is in winter because of reasons) and there is snow getting sunburnt is actually fairly easy. The snow will reflect a lot of radiation right into your face which can result in horrendous burns/snow blindness. It doesn't even have to be snowy, the sun can burn no matter how cold it is.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3537 on: February 18, 2015, 06:23:29 PM »
UMMMMMMMMUMMUMUMUMMM, this morning (10.00am) while I was making (late) breakfast dad says (from the office on the other side of the house, he expects everyone to hear him ugh) to make him a letterhead. And I say "A what?"
Now, I KNOW what a letterhead is, but dad interprets "a what" as me not knowing what one is, instead of simply being taken off guard by the request (also /I/ was questioning whether he knew what one was, cos he does that a lot: says one thing but actually means another thing and has the noun wrong) so I get in trouble for not knowing what a letterhead is and wasting my years of education and wasting his money at university etc etc, and when that was over I asked him to clarify what he wanted.
He wants me to design him a letterhead for his business.
And he needs it before lunchtime.
I have less than two hours.

Am I being unreasonable in thinking that this request is unreasonable? (Given that I also have no computer programs to make the letterhead IN.)

I thought he wanted me to help him build fences today; that's what he told me last night, to which I agreed. And now he's carrying on about how no one ever helps him with work and there's just a tirade of swearing coming out of the office -___- Man, I thought he would be out of this mood after dinner (says Owl for the last 20 years) but NOOOO, it must never end. Now he's telling me some story about banks....FROM INSIDE THE TOILET, like, what does he expect me to do? Press my face on the door and listen?? Jeez I don't even know anymore. *dreams of moving out with sisters and mum. If that really counts as moving out.*
He just. Ugh. He's the worst boss ever, I don't even really see him as my dad anymore, just some guy who lives here and owns everything including me :/

/depressing rant

Sorry if I brought the mood down guys, I just really needed to vent :(
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:28:08 PM by OrigamiOwl »

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3538 on: February 18, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »
/depressing rant
If it helps you can just reply to this post and cash in on your voucher for a freeee airport! Now with 5% less derelictness.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3539 on: February 18, 2015, 06:31:26 PM »
If it helps you can just reply to this post and cash in on your voucher for a freeee airport! Now with 5% less derelictness.
Is free usage of working planes and resources included in this offer? XD

Haha Edit: I suggested to him that 2 hours with no design specifications was a tad unreasonable, and I received the amazing "Not In The Real World" Speech. Plus he wants me to make it in Word, print it out, scan it in, so he can print it out. What?
This is like those nightmare design commission stories I see on the internet.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:39:44 PM by OrigamiOwl »