Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410364 times)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3435 on: February 10, 2015, 01:41:12 PM »
THAT IS SO COOL :D

(And I think people would probably have figured this out by themselves, but I'm the one to the right)

Awww yeaah! You look awesome as always! And you're in the paper!

Yeah! My face was seen by hundreds of thousands of Norwegians today! And thank you, that's really sweet (Although I have to wonder what you are basing your "as always" on, considering you have seen like, what, two pictures of me?)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3436 on: February 10, 2015, 01:45:07 PM »
Yeah! My face was seen by hundreds of thousands of Norwegians today!
Enjoy your moment of fame. I've only been in a newspaper once - when I was 4 and built a truly amazing hideout under a tree with some friends (..... wait, hang on, how is that even remotely newsworthy?)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #3437 on: February 10, 2015, 01:45:24 PM »

Yeah! My face was seen by hundreds of thousands of Norwegians today! And thank you, that's really sweet (Although I have to wonder what you are basing your "as always" on, considering you have seen like, what, two pictures of me?)

I'm basing it on the two pictures! :D
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3438 on: February 10, 2015, 01:54:12 PM »
Enjoy your moment of fame. I've only been in a newspaper once - when I was 4 and built a truly amazing hideout under a tree with some friends (..... wait, hang on, how is that even remotely newsworthy?)

I love news like that! It's really nice when the papers don't just talk about negative stuff, but include some articles that make you smile too. So depending on how amazing this hideout was, I think it was probably very newsworthy.

I've been in online newspapers a couple of times, but never the actual paper ones.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3439 on: February 10, 2015, 02:02:31 PM »
I love news like that! It's really nice when the papers don't just talk about negative stuff, but include some articles that make you smile too. So depending on how amazing this hideout was, I think it was probably very newsworthy.

I've been in online newspapers a couple of times, but never the actual paper ones.
The hideout was super amazing, even Bin Laden would be impressed (according to my easily idealised memory)

And this was before the internet had things like newspapers on it so ... yeah, I guess you could say it was an actual paper article (in fact I had a copy of the page up on my cork board back then).

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #3440 on: February 10, 2015, 02:07:39 PM »
I just had a most interesting twenty minutes. We were at lunch when suddenly the fire alarm went off. We all filed out obediently while covering our ears and began tramping up the hill to the baseball field. Having been in the farthest classroom at the time, I was among the last thirty people to reach the top of the hill. In fact, we had just gotten to the field when the security guard yelled "STOP!!!!" at us and sent us back in the direction of the school. When we got back one of the special Ed kids told us about how firefighters had jumped into the school. Shortly later the principal came onto the intercom and said something about an "extended lunch" and the alarm being an "inadvertent accident." It was very strange.

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #3441 on: February 10, 2015, 02:16:59 PM »
I just had a most interesting twenty minutes. We were at lunch when suddenly the fire alarm went off. We all filed out obediently while covering our ears and began tramping up the hill to the baseball field. Having been in the farthest classroom at the time, I was among the last thirty people to reach the top of the hill. In fact, we had just gotten to the field when the security guard yelled "STOP!!!!" at us and sent us back in the direction of the school. When we got back one of the special Ed kids told us about how firefighters had jumped into the school. Shortly later the principal came onto the intercom and said something about an "extended lunch" and the alarm being an "inadvertent accident." It was very strange.

Well at least you guys had an extended lunch to pay for your trobless.

One time i had gym class when we had a firedrill and our teacher being some what humorous said that real man go outside with their shorts.

Well as we say "tuumasta toimeen" and after 5minutes half of the boys were sitting outside only in their shorts at -20C. Perhaps not the smartest move, but it wasn't that cold since we were warmed up from our class and the guy made us coffee so it was worthwhile.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3442 on: February 10, 2015, 02:27:02 PM »
The picture was too big to put here (you'd have to scroll and stuff, and that's just annoying), so here's a link: BT article
Woah, awesome!  Congrats on making into the paper!
And now I have a website to practice some Norwegian with...
Feel free to PM.

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #3443 on: February 10, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
I'm getting more and more pissed on whatever day I get mad. I'm keeping it in control enough, which is a definite improvement from years ago.

(Upcoming short rant, may become long, though)
It just seems that my sister cannot use headphones to listen to her music, or to watch YouTube videos. I swear she HAS HEADPHONES, but DOESN'T USE IT. What's the point of having those headphones in the first place if you're barely going to use it, with the exception of going to work and back, and certain days? It seems really dumb to me, honestly.

And she has like her PS Vita out, her phone, and some other device, all going through YouTube, and her saved videos. It's practically 11 at night, I'm trying to sleep (I wake up at 6 to get ready for school), and this person cannot simply use headphones around the presence of someone who's trying to sleep. I've been forcing myself to get used to it, I'm not the person who enjoys music on one side of the head when they're just trying to sleep. It's like as if I had not used headphones when my mom is sleeping right next to me. She usually has the TV on, which is normal for us. (And it's not directly within our ears, so it's fine.

I simply don't understand why someone cannot use a headphone when OBVIOUSLY you see someone TRYING TO SLEEP, OF ALL THINGS. That really pisses me off, and one time I remember that I was in that sleeping state of my mind being half-awake and half-asleep, with my body asleep, and overheard my mother and sister talking to each other, one of the topics was about me, and my sister said something, my mom scolding her about it. I'm not sure of what to think about anyone or anything anymore, I just want to crawl deeper inside my shell and not come out. I can't seem to trust my sister, I just don't know if I could. I just don't know. I'm extremely confused, it's like:
One day: She's kind of a dick to me
Another day: She's really nice
Later: She's just doing things that make my mom pissed, and then being nice to me, and then whatever happens after that, I don't want to even bother. I can't really predict what kind of a person she is, besides being incredibly picky (Like that one time she picked on me for my "informal" Korean while I was talking to a family member on the phone. HONESTLY, WHO CARES?! I'm sick of that behavior. You want to correct me, DO IT LATER, not when I'm ON THE PHONE. Jeez, picking the absolute wrong time to be a picky person.... on informal and formal verbs, OF ALL THINGS.)

I really don't know what to make of her, she had potential of being a nice, responsible person, but she's not the person to look up to, she literally hid empty bottles of soda all over the bedroom, yes, even tucked in a space between the bed and the wall, and gave herself two crowns needed, and since she's already past the age where they cover it, it's expensive, and not something anyone wants to have a run into to pay out of pocket, either...

I'm sorry if this seems like a first world problem, but I just need to let some of this out. I'm real tired of BS with just ONE PERSON. She can't even clean her own stuff, lord help her! At least she should be able to clean her own stuff! I don't get it!

... I really had to let it out. Sorry, guys. :(
I apologize if it seems like I'm being way too sensitive or getting angry at everything. It just happens all the time, and she doesn't take any initiative to fix ANYTHING, and that just.... ugh. Never mind....
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #3444 on: February 10, 2015, 07:17:03 PM »
Well, I must say that I too have an annoying family...
My super annoying little sister and brother try to constantly annoy and provoke me when i'm at home.
And my parents occasionally keep asking help for super simple IT functions at inappropriate times... "Could you scan this paper for me" AT 6AM when i'm trying to sleep...

Good thing is that i'm currently at my student apartment and I don't need to tolerate them for a week.

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #3445 on: February 10, 2015, 07:23:05 PM »
Well, I must say that I too have an annoying family...
My super annoying little sister and brother try to constantly annoy and provoke me when i'm at home.
And my parents occasionally keep asking help for super simple IT functions at inappropriate times... "Could you scan this paper for me" AT 6AM when i'm trying to sleep...

Good thing is that i'm currently at my student apartment and I don't need to tolerate them for a week.
That sounds extremely stressing, especially with the parents in the circle.
At least you get a nice long week of peace! :)
*hugs you*

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3446 on: February 10, 2015, 08:34:16 PM »
Owl:
((hugs)) I... I wouldn't even describe that as "obnoxious". Is there an adjective that describes "none of their ****ing business"?

Sigrid:
Awesome!! Heh, if only I could read Norwegian.
I've never been in a newspaper (to my knowledge), but I did appear in a not-widely-read magazine when I was twelve. :D
(The article is embarrassing, but this is twelve-year-old me. It was a halloween costume, if anyone's wondering.)

Silenter:
You have my sympathy; I would rant about that too. None of my suitemates seem to use headphones, but it's only ever on one device, I think, and they know to turn it off if their roommate's going to bed. Your sister doesn't sound like a real person, she sounds like a college roommate horror story...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #3447 on: February 10, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »
Owl:
((hugs)) I... I wouldn't even describe that as "obnoxious". Is there an adjective that describes "none of their ****ing business"?

Sigrid:
Awesome!! Heh, if only I could read Norwegian.
I've never been in a newspaper (to my knowledge), but I did appear in a not-widely-read magazine when I was twelve. :D
(The article is embarrassing, but this is twelve-year-old me. It was a halloween costume, if anyone's wondering.)

Silenter:
You have my sympathy; I would rant about that too. None of my suitemates seem to use headphones, but it's only ever on one device, I think, and they know to turn it off if their roommate's going to bed. Your sister doesn't sound like a real person, she sounds like a college roommate horror story...
If only! When I thought she would stay quiet after I got into bed, *drum rolls* nnnNNOPE!
Now Angela's voice singing, anime songs, and hearing gamers and/or a person talking about knitting/crocheting are going to bother haunt me. I had 3 dreams that stressed me out in a row because of this. Not pleasant, either way.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #3448 on: February 11, 2015, 05:16:55 AM »
Aah! More first world problems... Everyone keeps talking about me. Behind my back. Not in a nice manner. I keep hearing my name, and when I look there are people grinning and looking at me, yet they pretend they said nothing... I'm used to it by now, it's happened since I can remember, but it still annoys me. Can't they at least say whatever they have to say to my darn face?
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

P__

« Reply #3449 on: February 11, 2015, 07:20:10 AM »
Can't they at least say whatever they have to say to my darn face?
Nope. that's the whole point of course
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: