Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387477 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3090 on: January 19, 2015, 11:19:17 PM »
Help!  I'm putting out a distress call because I've failed in one major task of a skald:  Remembering where the good stuff is.

About a month ago, some talented person posted a detailed analysis, with illustrations, of the rippling coat/cloak Braidy was wearing in Lalli's visit to the dreamworld.  I wanted to refer someone to it, and now I can't find it!   :(

The "Uniform Overanalysis Thread" would be the logical place for such a post, but I didn't see it just now.  It's possible I overlooked it.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks!!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3091 on: January 20, 2015, 12:21:24 AM »
Help!  I'm putting out a distress call because I've failed in one major task of a skald:  Remembering where the good stuff is.

About a month ago, some talented person posted a detailed analysis, with illustrations, of the rippling coat/cloak Braidy was wearing in Lalli's visit to the dreamworld.  I wanted to refer someone to it, and now I can't find it!   :(

The "Uniform Overanalysis Thread" would be the logical place for such a post, but I didn't see it just now.  It's possible I overlooked it.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks!!

No fear, Piney is here!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3092 on: January 20, 2015, 01:49:11 AM »
No fear, Piney is here!

Thankyou thankyou thankyou!  I dub thee "Exorcist of Obsessions"!  (Not to mention one of our madly talented costume mavens.)

I think the problem was that I was speed-reading through the threads looking for the *pictures* I remembered so vividly -- I didn't slow down to read the content.  I even ran searches for "fabric," "billowing," "clasp," "coat," and so forth -- and was going crazy because I kept coming up empty-handed. 

What got my obsession started was some enthusiastic newcomer's comment on Disqus tonight about wanting an SSSS costume, and someone else squee-ing about Braidy's mage-coat in particular.  I hope to lure them over here with our terrific fan resources...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3093 on: January 20, 2015, 01:59:14 AM »
Thankyou thankyou thankyou!  I dub thee "Exorcist of Obsessions"!  (Not to mention one of our madly talented costume mavens.)

I think the problem was that I was speed-reading through the threads looking for the *pictures* I remembered so vividly -- I didn't slow down to read the content.  I even ran searches for "fabric," "billowing," "clasp," "coat," and so forth -- and was going crazy because I kept coming up empty-handed. 

What got my obsession started was some enthusiastic newcomer's comment on Disqus tonight about wanting an SSSS costume, and someone else squee-ing about Braidy's mage-coat in particular.  I hope to lure them over here with our terrific fan resources...

You're welcome!! :D I saw the comment too, and I was like "Hey, I drew a tutorial for that!" Didn't think to link them.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Dagnir

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3094 on: January 20, 2015, 02:22:09 PM »

I was reeeeally interested in their jackets as well.. :P
Those who walk against the wind will always walk alone.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3095 on: January 20, 2015, 02:49:32 PM »
Kind of a weird thing to post about, but I'm just really happy today :D Positively giddy, even (well, more so than usual, I mean cx). Which is... kind of weird, considering I slept less than six hours tonight and Tuesday is my longest school day, but I'm certainly not about to question it.

I'm happy about all these weird little things too, like the fact that I own six articles of clothing that sparkle, and that I'm going to start reading a new book series soon, and that my friend and her girlfriend are really cute together~

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3096 on: January 20, 2015, 02:52:11 PM »
Kind of a weird thing to post about, but I'm just really happy today :D Positively giddy, even (well, more so than usual, I mean cx). Which is... kind of weird, considering I slept less than six hours tonight and Tuesday is my longest school day, but I'm certainly not about to question it.

I'm happy about all these weird little things too, like the fact that I own six articles of clothing that sparkle, and that I'm going to start reading a new book series soon, and that my friend and her girlfriend are really cute together~
ARE YOU STOKED ABOUT THE SUN TOO BECAUSE I KNOW I AM!!!

*charges back outside even though it's past sundown*

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3097 on: January 20, 2015, 02:57:42 PM »
ARE YOU STOKED ABOUT THE SUN TOO BECAUSE I KNOW I AM!!!

*charges back outside even though it's past sundown*

YEEEEEEES!!!

*probably hasn't seen the sun in like a month*

(I spent the day in school, from before sunrise until sundown, but you know. It's still nice just to know that the sun actually exists)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #3098 on: January 20, 2015, 03:30:41 PM »
YEEEEEEES!!!

*probably hasn't seen the sun in like a month*

(I spent the day in school, from before sunrise until sundown, but you know. It's still nice just to know that the sun actually exists)

we have more daylight around here than you and more sun for sure. Yet I share the little joy one gets by just holding their face into the sun :)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3099 on: January 20, 2015, 04:06:52 PM »
holding their face into the sun :)
Kex that kills people!

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #3100 on: January 20, 2015, 04:09:05 PM »
we have more daylight around here than you and more sun for sure. Yet I share the little joy one gets by just holding their face into the sun :)
And also makes it hard to seeeee
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3101 on: January 20, 2015, 04:19:20 PM »
Yet I share the little joy one gets by just holding their face into the sun :)

And also gives you face cancer, probably

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3102 on: January 20, 2015, 05:10:56 PM »
And also gives you face cancer, probably
Holding it directly to the sun would kill you too quickly for face cancer to set in.  But Solo is right in that it would make it rather hard to see.  I pictured Kex standing in the sun with her eyes shut, myself.
Feel free to PM.

P__

« Reply #3103 on: January 20, 2015, 05:16:01 PM »
Holding it directly to the sun would kill you too quickly for face cancer to set in.  But Solo is right in that it would make it rather hard to see.  I pictured Kex standing in the sun with her eyes shut, myself.
nah, looking at the sun is great (though sometimes hard on the eyes), and not seeing it for a few days is not great. I share yall's joy at seeing it back :) a month is a long time
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3104 on: January 20, 2015, 05:36:09 PM »
nah, looking at the sun is great (though sometimes hard on the eyes), and not seeing it for a few days is not great. I share yall's joy at seeing it back :) a month is a long time

(Heh, I was probably exaggerating when I said it had been a month. It certainly feels like it, though)