Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409139 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3060 on: January 15, 2015, 09:23:43 PM »
OMG. CHAOS IN THE LOCAL MUSEUM.

Oh my god, I am so angry at that kid and I don't even know him. That is not logical at all - you said it was on a plinth? I don't know about him, but I think that's a good sign that it's a museum exhibit...! If he knew it was a museum exhibit, than I have -100% (that's negative one hundred percent) respect for him.
And considering that he's 17... well, I was more respectful in museums when I was six. My sister is always annoyed about museum guards telling her not to touch things when she's clearly a teenager and not a child who would be inclined to touch things. I guess I see why guards would still need to tell people "don't touch"... D:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #3061 on: January 15, 2015, 09:25:59 PM »
But, I just, HOW DID THAT KID THINK IT WAS OK TO JUMP ON A MUSEUM DISPLAY??? D:

What.

Seriously, the stupidity of some people is beyond comprehension. It would make slightly more sense if crazy-tourist-teen had just decided to sit down normally. But even then...

I think that the museum needed no-touch signage or a rope barrier around the chair, and also hire more staff (they're understaffed) to prevent these things, but I don't know..... U___U

Generally if something's on display in a museum I (and probably most some people) assume they don't want us to touch it unless specifically stated otherwise. I mean, it's IN A MUSEUM.

The museums around here have the opposite problem; all the guards are way to nervous and constantly stare at us. Or maybe it's just because of my younger siblings being, you know, young children. Never mind that they're calmly walking around discussing the exhibits and not screaming and trying to touch everything. Though now I guess I know why they do that...

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #3062 on: January 15, 2015, 09:32:02 PM »
Oh my god, I am so angry at that kid and I don't even know him. That is not logical at all - you said it was on a plinth? I don't know about him, but I think that's a good sign that it's a museum exhibit...! If he knew it was a museum exhibit, than I have -100% (that's negative one hundred percent) respect for him.
And considering that he's 17... well, I was more respectful in museums when I was six. My sister is always annoyed about museum guards telling her not to touch things when she's clearly a teenager and not a child who would be inclined to touch things. I guess I see why guards would still need to tell people "don't touch"... D:
What.

Seriously, the stupidity of some people is beyond comprehension. It would make slightly more sense if crazy-tourist-teen had just decided to sit down normally. But even then...

Generally if something's on display in a museum I (and probably most some people) assume they don't want us to touch it unless specifically stated otherwise. I mean, it's IN A MUSEUM.

The museums around here have the opposite problem; all the guards are way to nervous and constantly stare at us. Or maybe it's just because of my younger siblings being, you know, young children. Never mind that they're calmly walking around discussing the exhibits and not screaming and trying to touch everything. Though now I guess I know why they do that...
I know!!!!?!???!? Aggghhhh. My friend met me during her lunch break, and she's freaking out that she might get fired. She better not get fired O____O
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3063 on: January 15, 2015, 09:39:47 PM »

Heh, that reminds me of this:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #3064 on: January 15, 2015, 10:56:40 PM »
Awwww Eich, public transport is kinda useful here because parking costs SOOO MUUUUCH, and fuel and stuff. But, the public transport here has raised their fares...by ten cents for me, but that's still a lot for a student!!! D:

OMG. CHAOS IN THE LOCAL MUSEUM.
There's this reeeeeally expensive chair that they prize, and it's in the biggest gallery on a plinth. This morning, a cruise ship has docked and the city streets are bustling with camera-burdened tourists, walking out in front of traffic etc. Anywho, in the museum, some 17 year old tourist kid had the bright idea to- tell me if this is in anyway logical- get a five meter run up, leap into the air, and body-slam the couch. It broke. There was only one gallery guard on duty at that time, on the other side of the gallery, around the corner from the chair (there are walls that extend halfway into the room, blocking the view) who heard the loud footsteps and went running but didn't make it in time. Everyone is distraught. The gallery is closed. Incident forms are being filled out etc.

But, I just, HOW DID THAT KID THINK IT WAS OK TO JUMP ON A MUSEUM DISPLAY??? D:
(The gallery guard was incidentally my best friend, who needs so many hugs...aaaaaagggghhhh XD)

I think that the museum needed no-touch signage or a rope barrier around the chair, and also hire more staff (they're understaffed) to prevent these things, but I don't know..... U___U

What was the history of the sofa?

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3065 on: January 15, 2015, 11:54:08 PM »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:56:40 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3066 on: January 16, 2015, 07:15:27 AM »
get a five meter run up, leap into the air, and body-slam the couch.
That guy's either an iconoclast or a vandal, period. That's not how you treat an actual visitors' couch, so he didn't mistake it for one. Nothing short of a glass cabinet, or guards in every room, could have prevented it.

Too bad the judge can't sentence him to keep belly-splating the empty plinth hourly for the next decade so as to provide the gallery with a performance art piece to replace the destroyed exhibit ... :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #3067 on: January 16, 2015, 08:45:36 AM »
A friend of mine sent me a nice gift. Knowing that many others are facing tough times as well, I want to share a picture of what she did to light my days. Thank you guys for reading, sharing thoughts and encouraging:

:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3068 on: January 16, 2015, 09:05:09 AM »
A friend of mine sent me a nice gift. Knowing that many others are facing tough times as well, I want to share a picture of what she did to light my days. Thank you guys for reading, sharing thoughts and encouraging:

Aww, that was really nice of her! You're lucky to have such a lovely friend c: And I really appreciate that you want to share it with us, it made my day a little bit better c:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #3069 on: January 16, 2015, 09:20:54 AM »

Thank you kex. It was really nice of you to share that light with us :)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3070 on: January 17, 2015, 12:58:37 PM »
Hahaha, this is really weird. You know how when you hover your mouse over an image or a link, sometimes a text box pops up beside the mouse? I think that's what must have happened, probably. Anyway, there's a box on the middle of my screen that reads "Brrrrrrr" and it won't go away :C

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3071 on: January 17, 2015, 01:33:56 PM »
Hahaha, this is really weird. You know how when you hover your mouse over an image or a link, sometimes a text box pops up beside the mouse? I think that's what must have happened, probably. Anyway, there's a box on the middle of my screen that reads "Brrrrrrr" and it won't go away :C

Maybe your computer froze...

I'll see myself out.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3072 on: January 17, 2015, 01:54:46 PM »

I'll see myself out.

omg

That's the best thing I have heard (read) all day, hahahaha

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3073 on: January 17, 2015, 04:09:19 PM »

I'll see myself out.
*Claps*

Eich's job for the day: untangling 900 stringed Christmas lights.  ._. 
*Gets started*
Feel free to PM.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #3074 on: January 17, 2015, 05:15:27 PM »
Eich's job for the day: untangling 900 stringed Christmas lights.  ._. 
*Gets started*

Ooh, fun. :P

Luckily the only lights we had to untangle this year were the ones we put on our tree.