Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410773 times)

yung_chrysanthemum

Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #18555 on: June 06, 2019, 10:37:27 PM »
:'D oh dear!

It's very fun! That sounds lovely. I think I'm going to make a few batches of mead for my friends and family as well :) Just have to stop by the brewstore for some things...

In other news, weather is very strange and a bit scary. Just got back from a work trip (which was pretty nice until someone knifed our trailer tire) and we dodged what was supposed to be a storm with giant hail... made it back only to get stuck in another storm 6 hours away with still pretty large hail. Very loud. There have been far more tornado warnings than normal around here, too...  :-\

i'm with you on the weather. i'm in maryland USA and we actually had a tornado touch down a few weeks ago, and then a tornado warning last week (forget if there was a confirmed tornado then)

thankfully, i don't have it nearly as bad as the folks in the midwest who have experienced terrible amounts of rain and flooding. my heart goes out to them
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

native: :usa:
reasonably good: :japan:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #18556 on: June 07, 2019, 12:28:59 PM »
Could someone who knows Minna's contact information tell me where to find it or PM it to me?

At some point during my unemployment, I made fake rudimentary personnel files for Year 90 Keuruu based on the data provided in Chapter 1 and personal extrapolations. Someone higher up the chain in my current job is liking the idea of using them as dummy data for something that will be semi-public if it pans out. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to check if Minna is okay with this.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 02:03:23 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #18557 on: June 07, 2019, 03:59:48 PM »
Could someone who knows Minna's contact information tell me where to find it or PM it to me?

At some point during my unemployment, I made fake rudimentary personnel files for Year 90 Keuruu based on the data provided in Chapter 1 and personal extrapolations. Someone higher up the chain in my current job is liking the idea of using them as dummy data for something that will be semi-public if it pans out. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to check if Minna is okay with this.
I think in the past she's said that Twitter is the best way to contact her. Otherwise someone might be able to ask her during on of the Twitch streams?
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #18558 on: June 08, 2019, 04:03:44 AM »
Looks like I'm finally signing up for Twitter, then.

Edit: Thanks for the info, Mebediel.  :)

Edit 2: And... I managed to get my account locked because I absent-mindedly but the wrong birth year in... :-[ Need to be patient and hope they get around to my ticket soon enough now... (it's back now, but I that was a weird way to get started on a new social network)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 02:55:50 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #18559 on: June 14, 2019, 03:54:51 PM »
Ah, New England. Yesterday it was 12C and tomorrow it's going to be 28C
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #18560 on: June 19, 2019, 08:56:14 AM »
Urbicande, that sounds like where I live in the region where the Barossa meets up with the Murraylands and the Adelaide Hills. Not as random as over in Melbourne, which is famous for weather which inspires the motto 'Don't like the weather? Just wait five minutes!', but still wildly variable. The coldest we have had here is -12C, the hottest +48C. At present it is hovering around freezing, and today reached a whole +10C. Yesterday was nice, not much warmer than this but no windchill. I was working in the forest, the mushrooms have finally begun to come in, and it was a good day.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

midwestmutt

• Scout
« Reply #18561 on: June 23, 2019, 08:24:04 AM »
I was just at a living history event in northern Wisconsin where we had a summer solstice range of 8C at night and 28C during the day.
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:

Róisín

« Reply #18562 on: June 24, 2019, 07:24:29 AM »
Ours was a few degrees above freezing all day. Even where the gathering was, down in the suburbs of Adelaide (winter solstice here) it only got to 8+C. Tonight we already have frost and icy fog.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #18563 on: June 24, 2019, 09:21:37 AM »
So apparently half the internet is down because cloudfare hosting went down..... This is part of the reason why monolithic integration can be a bad thing
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #18564 on: June 24, 2019, 10:20:05 AM »
So apparently half the internet is down because cloudfare hosting went down..... This is part of the reason why monolithic integration can be a bad thing

Cloudfare?
That explains Discord derping out.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #18565 on: June 25, 2019, 04:45:14 PM »
Anyone watching the FIFA Women's World Cup?
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #18566 on: June 26, 2019, 06:39:39 AM »
Yup, but only sporadically! However, I kind of absolutely love how popular it's gotten this year :> I'm in the Netherlands right now, and it might be because the men's team has been pretty awful the past few years, but the women's world cup is playing absolutely everywhere, and everyone's invested. (It helps that NL is doing pretty good!) It's nice, when I was somewhat younger the impression everyone gave me about women's sports was that it was more playing at being as good as the guys, and this... is totally different, they're awesome in their own right.

Edit: People are also liking how different the dynamics between countries are. I mean, Japan put up a super good fight last night! Japan. With the men's team people were kind of like... if you won the EU cup winning the world cup didn't mean much more. But there's way more variability in the women's cup, and it's interesting. Also it's soooo cool to see football stands full of women. And to have female friends actually know the names of the players. ...I don't know, it's just really cool and I like it X3
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 06:45:31 AM by Lenny »
Am notified of private messages via email.

midwestmutt

• Scout
« Reply #18567 on: June 26, 2019, 07:16:05 AM »
I woke up at 4:30 this morning due to birdsong and the first glimmer of light coupled with a backache from an old mattress. Glad I ordered a new one yesterday. When I bought the expensive memory foam mattress 12 or so years ago they said it would last 20 years but it began to sag after 10. At least now I can get a competing brand for half of what I paid then.
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:

Róisín

« Reply #18568 on: June 26, 2019, 09:21:47 AM »
A really good mattress is a wonderful thing!