Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411663 times)

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2625 on: December 25, 2014, 07:47:09 PM »
*siiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhh*

Edit: also! After searching through my phone I found three whole pictures of my derpy face, which I thought I might post one up to HDYLook Thread maybe.
But, which ONE? OAO the choices are:
- squinty pajama derp
- Christmas flower crown mug shot
- "hey mum I cut my own hair!" Crazy derp

Oh yeah, our cat used to do that sometimes.

Go with the hair one. Crazy derp is awesome derp.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #2626 on: December 25, 2014, 07:52:54 PM »
Oh yeah, our cat used to do that sometimes.

Go with the hair one. Crazy derp is awesome derp.
Okie dokie, one self-done haircut mirror selfie coming up X'P
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2627 on: December 26, 2014, 02:41:47 AM »
After searching through my phone I found three whole pictures of my derpy face, which I thought I might post one up to HDYLook Thread maybe.
But, which ONE? OAO the choices are:
- squinty pajama derp
- Christmas flower crown mug shot
- "hey mum I cut my own hair!" Crazy derp

I wanna see the Christmas flower crown mugshot.  Is the flower crown an Australian thing?  Someday you'll have to tell us about the whole Christmas-imagery-symbolism-complex and how it translates Down Under, where late December is *not* white and snowy, or even cold.  And the *longest* days and the *warmest* time of the year.  So many Christian and Jewish holidays are imbued with *Northern Hemisphere* seasonal resonance (e.g. springtime and rebirth for Easter and Passover, the start of summer for Whitsun, harvest time for Sukkot, etc.) that I'm curious what (if anything) changes when the cycle of the seasons does.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #2628 on: December 26, 2014, 02:42:50 AM »
*siiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhh*

Which kitty is the culprit?  The big, light-haired, spoiled one, or the small, dark, fragile one?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2629 on: December 26, 2014, 03:04:10 AM »
Which kitty is the culprit?  The big, light-haired, spoiled one, or the small, dark, fragile one?
Yup, the big fusspot one ;P
I'd better run back out to the kitchen: it's time to bring out the birthday cake! It's (wait for it) neon aqua with magenta piping, four layers if alternation yellow and aqua vanilla and coconut cake, and tiny hearts and edible glitter sprinkled all over! X'D
It's deliberately hideous. The reaction will be "oh wooooow you SHOULDN'T HAVE. It's the best cake ever *starts crying*"

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #2630 on: December 26, 2014, 03:16:21 AM »
I'd better run back out to the kitchen: it's time to bring out the birthday cake! It's (wait for it) neon aqua with magenta piping, four layers if alternation yellow and aqua vanilla and coconut cake, and tiny hearts and edible glitter sprinkled all over! X'D
It's deliberately hideous. The reaction will be "oh wooooow you SHOULDN'T HAVE. It's the best cake ever *starts crying*"

OHHH!  It sounds *magnificent.*  Did you think up the recipe/decor scheme?  Is it for "Kitty" (your middle sister) or "Lydia," the youngest?  Once it's sliced open, will you take a photo for us, so we can see all the alternating layers?   I have a February birthday -- if I feel mischievous, maybe I'll ask my mother to make me one. 

Also, I can assure you that however horrible you think that cake looks, it is *nothing* compared to the mind-blowing examples of the pastry art in Cakewrecks.  http://www.cakewrecks.com/  WARNING:  This site will make you laugh hard enough to cause temporary oxygen deficits and minor loss of bodily control.  Do not read while driving.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2631 on: December 26, 2014, 03:30:14 AM »
OHHH!  It sounds *magnificent.*  Did you think up the recipe/decor scheme?  Is it for "Kitty" (your middle sister) or "Lydia," the youngest?  Once it's sliced open, will you take a photo for us, so we can see all the alternating layers?   I have a February birthday -- if I feel mischievous, maybe I'll ask my mother to make me one. 

Also, I can assure you that however horrible you think that cake looks, it is *nothing* compared to the mind-blowing examples of the pastry art in Cakewrecks.  http://www.cakewrecks.com/  WARNING:  This site will make you laugh hard enough to cause temporary oxygen deficits and minor loss of bodily control.  Do not read while driving.
The photos are taken and ready to go! X'D it's Lydia's 17th birthday.
Ohhhhiho...I am very aware of cakewrecks... It IS dangerous to read!!!

Ta DAAAA X'D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 03:50:26 AM by OrigamiOwl »

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2632 on: December 26, 2014, 04:46:30 AM »
That cake looks amazing :)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #2633 on: December 27, 2014, 01:07:14 AM »
The photos are taken and ready to go! X'D it's Lydia's 17th birthday.

Ta DAAAA X'D

Whoooooaaaa.  Mind-blowing.  That is a sensory overload of a cake!  It looks like something out of "Alice in Wonderland"!  (If you eat one side, does it make you larger, and the other makes you small?)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2634 on: December 27, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »
Random unfortunate news: I'm 99% sure I'm allergic to cats. Looks like I'm going to die in the apocalypse. :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #2635 on: December 27, 2014, 11:55:48 PM »
Random unfortunate news: I'm 99% sure I'm allergic to cats. Looks like I'm going to die in the apocalypse. :P

Cats are an unfortunately common allergy...

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2636 on: December 28, 2014, 12:03:16 AM »
Cats are an unfortunately common allergy...

Yeah, my mom's whole half of the family, basically, is allergic to cats. I spent eighteen whole years believing that I wasn't...*sigh*

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2637 on: December 28, 2014, 07:58:22 AM »
Yeah, my mom's whole half of the family, basically, is allergic to cats. I spent eighteen whole years believing that I wasn't...*sigh*
Aw noooo! How bad is the allergy?! 8m8 Does that mean no cats whatsoever forever??

One of my friends in London has a reeally bad kitty and rabbit allergy, which she found out about while pet-sitting for another friend O__O I don't think I'm allergic-allergic to anything, but I get hellish, demonic hay fever and itchy rashes/hives if I get moderately involved with grass and hay, which has got me out of sooooo many PE classes which is great! But grass is...everywhere.

General Discussion: yesterday my clean-obsessed sister and I CLEANED my room! It's always very tidy and clean, but there's...stuff that doesn't need to be there, so we sorted it and cleared it all out! A whole ute load of clutter! Mostly paper and dead craft materials, and at least two kilos of colored pencils that had built up since before I went to school. O______O I felt so bad throwing them out, but they were really dodgy and couldn't have been donated anywhere :/
And now my room feels so...so...light and airy.
Plus! Plus, I found a while heap of old 'art' sketches and ideas, they're so lame but pretty funny X'D and there's an ssss one I might put up later haha (it's so bad)

Paul Ferris

« Reply #2638 on: December 28, 2014, 08:05:18 AM »
Deliciousness

YUM We  just had a plain fruitcake with white icing for christmas, none of this amazingness.

Re: Sunflower, we have much lighter meals (seafood, fruit and cake rather than mountains of meat) and don't even begin to do flower crowns - we just have paper hats instead. Superficial ideas like the tree, bonbons, Christmas lights and Christmas hams make it through, but all the symbolism (Christian and Pagan) is gone.

You have to remember that Australia has no (widely acknowledged) cultural history, and the Aboriginals didn't tie anything to the solstices. About 30% of us have no declared  religion, and 10% of those may be atheistic. In that sort of environment it becomes very hard for any religious tradition to survive, much less the original beliefs stolen by missionaries and eventually sent halfway around the world to Australia.
Learning: :denmark:
Can read and sort-of speak: :france:
Native: :australia:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2639 on: December 28, 2014, 11:51:02 AM »
Aw noooo! How bad is the allergy?! 8m8 Does that mean no cats whatsoever forever??

One of my friends in London has a reeally bad kitty and rabbit allergy, which she found out about while pet-sitting for another friend O__O I don't think I'm allergic-allergic to anything, but I get hellish, demonic hay fever and itchy rashes/hives if I get moderately involved with grass and hay, which has got me out of sooooo many PE classes which is great! But grass is...everywhere.

General Discussion: yesterday my clean-obsessed sister and I CLEANED my room! It's always very tidy and clean, but there's...stuff that doesn't need to be there, so we sorted it and cleared it all out! A whole ute load of clutter! Mostly paper and dead craft materials, and at least two kilos of colored pencils that had built up since before I went to school. O______O I felt so bad throwing them out, but they were really dodgy and couldn't have been donated anywhere :/
And now my room feels so...so...light and airy.
Plus! Plus, I found a while heap of old 'art' sketches and ideas, they're so lame but pretty funny X'D and there's an ssss one I might put up later haha (it's so bad)

It doesn't seem to be that bad of an allergy... just like, cold symptoms really, A whole lot of sneezing. It's not life-threatening allergies, but since I also have asthma it would probably be a good idea for me not to own a cat. (I'm a dog person anyway)

That sounds a whole lot like how my room used to be. And to an extent how my room still is. I've got a whole lot of clutter of childhood junk hidden away in various compartments, and at least a drawer-ful of unusable markers and colored pencils. I haven't gotten rid of them for weird nostalgic reasons... like, anything I remember using in my childhood I can't get rid of.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:58:45 AM by Piney »