Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387308 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #17160 on: March 15, 2017, 01:26:38 PM »
Same for Ottawa, we woke up to knee high snow this morning.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #17161 on: March 15, 2017, 10:19:59 PM »
Same here in Quebec City. I regretted not looking outside before coming out with my work shoes on.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17162 on: March 15, 2017, 10:21:33 PM »
It's the opposite here in Calgary? We're warming up and a lot of the snow is melted off right now. Must be the chinook.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #17163 on: March 15, 2017, 11:20:46 PM »
Same here in Quebec City. I regretted not looking outside before coming out with my work shoes on.

I occasionally have to remind myself that what farmers think of as work clothes is often not what many other people think of when they say work clothes.

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #17164 on: March 16, 2017, 01:08:06 AM »
Pretty sunny morning from other side of planet for you, guys :з
Spoiler: show
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #17165 on: March 16, 2017, 01:44:33 AM »
thorny: Work shoes, yeah....desert boots at present, because it's dry and I'm only picking fruit and planting out winter vegetables. Heavier leather boots if I'm working in the bush, or in rough ground, and in colder weather. Gumboots for working in the mud, or for mucking out.

Work shoes for Vafhudr might be more the kind one wears with a suit.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #17166 on: March 16, 2017, 07:12:28 AM »
With all that snow in North America, I feel almost sorry to say that, here, spring is in the air, and that's really good ! I miss spring in Paris, though...
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #17167 on: March 16, 2017, 11:32:39 AM »
thorny: Work shoes, yeah....desert boots at present, because it's dry and I'm only picking fruit and planting out winter vegetables. Heavier leather boots if I'm working in the bush, or in rough ground, and in colder weather. Gumboots for working in the mud, or for mucking out.

Work shoes for Vafhudr might be more the kind one wears with a suit.

Yeh pretty much this. I have a uniform of sort for work so I have black shoes and black pants.
My shoes, after this winter, are now almost white from all the calcium on the street.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #17168 on: March 17, 2017, 01:39:31 PM »
I have internet again.... I have had an easier time coordinating 3 government agencies to work on the same project than the effort it took to get the internet situation sorted out with ATT....because no one in each division talks to each other.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #17169 on: March 18, 2017, 02:04:46 AM »
I just realized you can order the memberlist by amount of posts made and I counted to see where I was. I'm only like 50 or something in 1282 members. Me, the person who didn't think they would post more than ten times what th e
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #17170 on: March 18, 2017, 09:28:43 AM »
I just realized you can order the memberlist by amount of posts made and I counted to see where I was. I'm only like 50 or something in 1282 members. Me, the person who didn't think they would post more than ten times what th e

I used to graph peoples posting rates and post counts and try and predict when they would pass each other.  :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Athena

« Reply #17171 on: March 18, 2017, 12:51:51 PM »

Well, this inspired me to do some calculations:
There are 96222 posts by 1282 members, which means;
The average user here has 76 posts.

The top 10 users by posts have 38% of overall posts at 37473 posts,
The top 15 users have about 50% or overall posts at 46392 posts,
The top 25 users have 65% of overall posts, at 62072 posts,
And... *drumroll please* the top 50 users have 97254 posts, 94% of all posts on the forum. :o

I believe that there's something called the 90/10% rule, that says that 10% of the fandom will have 90% of the posts? Anyway, we have definitely surpassed that. Of course, the majority of member accounts have no posts, or less than 10, so I suppose that makes sense.

EDIT: I forgot to add in child boards so all my calculations are definitely way off. I didn't use the numbers for overall posts from the statistics centre, but added them up myself, so...

I used to graph peoples posting rates and post counts and try and predict when they would pass each other.  :D

That sounds kinda odd but seems like it would be so much fun. :))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:17:51 PM by Luth Nightbreeze »

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #17172 on: March 18, 2017, 03:33:28 PM »
There are currently 134034 posts on the forum. https://ssssforum.com/index.php?action=stats

That sounds kinda odd but seems like it would be so much fun. :))

I used to be am an obsessive weirdo  :D

I don't think I've graphed though since Haiz stopped posting so much. I think back then I had a post rate of something like 15 posts per day. And I know for a fact that there were some days I made more than 25 posts in one day. .......I have no life..........

I remember when there were only like three airport rulers.....
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:40:32 PM by Feartheviolas »

Athena

« Reply #17173 on: March 18, 2017, 03:51:04 PM »
There are currently 134034 posts on the forum. https://ssssforum.com/index.php?action=stats

I don't think I've graphed though since Haiz stopped posting so much. I think back then I had a post rate of something like 15 posts per day. And I know for a fact that there were some days I made more than 25 posts in one day. .......I have no life..........

The is a truly amazing posting rate!! O_o And hey, thats more of a life than some people have. At least here on the forum we're actively communicating with each other. Sometimes it's hard to realize that the person on the other side of the screen is a person, possibly living all the way across the world, yet amazingly we're all brought together here.

Well, it looks like soon we're going to have a few... what's the next rank up? Wanderer of a Fallen City? A few people are getting close, anyway (namely you and Melusine).

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #17174 on: March 18, 2017, 05:08:07 PM »

15 post average woah. I think the highest average I've ever had was like 4? I'm only at 2 now. But from what I understand the forum used to be waaay more active than it is now, so that probably helped.  :))

Kinda sad I never got to see it that way though. And to think, if I had gotten hooked on SSSS in 2014 when I originally read the first two chapters, I could have been there.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway: