Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387365 times)

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #17010 on: February 02, 2017, 09:48:24 PM »
Here is a kitten trying to understand its own shadow

That is all.

Please consider: baby Hotakainens doing this when they discover they have shadows. Sometimes Lalli still attacks his, forgetting it's attached to him and not some murderghost after his soul.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #17011 on: February 02, 2017, 11:20:36 PM »
Please consider: baby Hotakainens doing this when they discover they have shadows. Sometimes Lalli still attacks his, forgetting it's attached to him and not some murderghost after his soul.

Makes sense to me! :)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17012 on: February 03, 2017, 01:40:53 AM »
So for this induction ceremony I have to pick a quote by an artist that influenced me that reflects my feelings about art but like, none of the people I can think of who influenced me are famous enough to have quotes. It's driving me insane. I don't even really like fluffy artist quotes to begin with either so this is all just rather annoying.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

MR_PLINKETT

« Reply #17013 on: February 03, 2017, 03:01:44 AM »
My sis just shared this thing of beauty with me:
https://soundcloud.com/shadrow/wake-me-maybe

/>
/>

I found something better. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #17014 on: February 03, 2017, 03:02:33 AM »
Have you considered Pablo Picasso? I don't reckon much to him as an artist, but definitely a source of quotable quotes.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #17015 on: February 03, 2017, 05:18:43 AM »
So for this induction ceremony I have to pick a quote by an artist that influenced me that reflects my feelings about art but like, none of the people I can think of who influenced me are famous enough to have quotes. It's driving me insane. I don't even really like fluffy artist quotes to begin with either so this is all just rather annoying.

If they're famous enough to influence you, they must have a blog or an account on some art site where they sometimes comment. Spend some time digging through that and find a phrase that speaks to you. It doesn't have to be something deep and "quotable". Even if it's something along the lines of "a bad sketch never turns into a good final work", you can use it and say it was good advice for you. It can also be something really silly, anything will work as long as you can explain how it relates to art for you.

Edit: If they're someone you can actually talk to, like a friend or family member, just ask them "what is art?" or "why do you make art?", and there you have it, instant quote :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:21:01 AM by Sc0ut »

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #17016 on: February 03, 2017, 05:48:22 AM »
Have you considered Pablo Picasso? I don't reckon much to him as an artist, but definitely a source of quotable quotes.

Same for Dali - if you want something completely insane :)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #17017 on: February 03, 2017, 06:50:47 AM »
You don't happen to be a comic or cartoons fan? The artist is not always, but often, the one to write the scripts. You could pluck something from there.

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #17018 on: February 03, 2017, 12:08:14 PM »
Oh wow I didn't expect to come back to this much advice!

I actually haven't looked at Picasso just because he isn't really to my taste, but I'll go check!

If they're famous enough to influence you, they must have a blog or an account on some art site where they sometimes comment. Spend some time digging through that and find a phrase that speaks to you. It doesn't have to be something deep and "quotable". Even if it's something along the lines of "a bad sketch never turns into a good final work", you can use it and say it was good advice for you. It can also be something really silly, anything will work as long as you can explain how it relates to art for you.

Edit: If they're someone you can actually talk to, like a friend or family member, just ask them "what is art?" or "why do you make art?", and there you have it, instant quote :)

Oh that's a good idea, thanks. Techincally if I were to pick someone who super influenced me it would be my grandmother, but she died when I was eight so I don't really remember anything specific she told me.

Same for Dali - if you want something completely insane :)

I actually like Dali so I did look at some of his quotes, and they are some of the weirdest I've come across (example: "I don't do drugs. I am drugs." don't think the school would appreciate that too much  :'D).

You don't happen to be a comic or cartoons fan? The artist is not always, but often, the one to write the scripts. You could pluck something from there.

Given that I am on a fan forum for a comic, yes I like comics.  :)  But yeah, I'll try that!

You got buried under all my responses but that second one is just. Why, Plinkett, whyyyy?
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #17019 on: February 03, 2017, 01:50:22 PM »
THANK YOU. :'D
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

MR_PLINKETT

« Reply #17020 on: February 03, 2017, 04:28:14 PM »
THANK YOU. :'D

I can give you more

/>
/>

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #17022 on: February 05, 2017, 03:53:56 PM »
And now that he started a cooperation with Reynir, his shadow's coming handy as a practice target ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #17023 on: February 05, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »
I recently found out that there's a fanmade prequel to The Fellowship Of The Ring, following Aragorn's search for Gollum. It's actually really professionally done too! It's 40 minutes long, and was made in 2009 (how did I not hear about this until now :o). I just finished it, and it is awesome! :D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #17024 on: February 07, 2017, 11:14:04 AM »
Halp falling asleep at the work >.<
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help