Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411236 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16125 on: July 30, 2016, 04:33:34 PM »
Hee hee!  Another one who can be  assimilated by the Borg show the glory of SSSS!
Piney, what an opportunity! Have fun!

Heheh, she said it sounded cool! :D Also that she wants to read webcomics but never has the time - so I'd understand if she never gets around to reading it since it is really long. :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16126 on: July 31, 2016, 05:03:15 PM »
Heheh, she said it sounded cool! :D Also that she wants to read webcomics but never has the time - so I'd understand if she never gets around to reading it since it is really long. :P

You don't have to read it all at once!  (Although how can you not?)
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #16127 on: August 02, 2016, 09:28:38 PM »
Well, with the obvious exception of Japan(ese Giant Hornets).

*Looks outside window to see prime Japanese hornet environment*

Actually, those ones don't bother me as much as the smaller flies in the area. I guess, sometimes hornets can get into the classrooms and buildings, but it isn't like they zone in on humans or anything so I try not to waste energy worrying about them. There's a tiny fly called a "booyou" however, which is common at this time of year and is just awful. They don't kill you, but the bites can itch for weeks, and your skin swells up something nasty. I currently can't wear anything but sandals on my feet because my ankles were bitten up so badly my shoes don't fit :/ Guess that's a lesson learnt about going outside without long sleeves or something to deter insects in these places.......
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #16128 on: August 02, 2016, 11:30:32 PM »
Well, with the obvious exception of Japan(ese Giant Hornets).

Heh... I forgot these exist.. now I want to see a cage fight between one and a Cazadore I mean tarantula hawk.

I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #16129 on: August 03, 2016, 09:52:06 AM »
Look University, asbestos removal is all well and good, but you've been removing asbestos from the same area of the same building every single summer since I first got here. You'd think it would not take that many summers to get the stuff out for good. So is asbestos removal just a lot more complicated and tedious than I'm giving it credit for, or have they been putting the asbestos back every year so they can remove it again the next?
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #16130 on: August 03, 2016, 12:51:13 PM »
Look University, asbestos removal is all well and good, but you've been removing asbestos from the same area of the same building every single summer since I first got here. You'd think it would not take that many summers to get the stuff out for good. So is asbestos removal just a lot more complicated and tedious than I'm giving it credit for, or have they been putting the asbestos back every year so they can remove it again the next?

Wow, they are even worse than the city I studied at. It has a road enclosing the inner part of the city while not yet being a motorway. Like rays of the sun other streets connect from there to the surrounding villages. When I moved there in 2006 they already had been working on exchanging some stuff on this city ring. When I left in 2012 they had already started over the third time (they moved aorund this circle). When I came back last year, guess what I saw....
I might see my personal 10th aniversary of road constructions on this very ring (and noooo this ring is really really small, not like in big cities) \o/.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16131 on: August 03, 2016, 01:40:41 PM »
Wow, they are even worse than the city I studied at. It has a road enclosing the inner part of the city while not yet being a motorway. Like rays of the sun other streets connect from there to the surrounding villages. When I moved there in 2006 they already had been working on exchanging some stuff on this city ring. When I left in 2012 they had already started over the third time (they moved aorund this circle). When I came back last year, guess what I saw....
I might see my personal 10th aniversary of road constructions on this very ring (and noooo this ring is really really small, not like in big cities) \o/.

I'm reminded of the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway in New York City, which has, I think, been under some sort of construction for the past 40 years!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #16132 on: August 03, 2016, 09:40:39 PM »

That.. seems odd. Then again my high school didn't have it removed, just contracted out a company to inject "stabilizing agents" into the material that had asbestos in it so that way if an earthquake happened (8 miles off the san andreas faultline in an area where half the town got knocked down by a quake in '84...I think) there wasn't asbestos dust getting everywhere too. But it was done in two years.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #16133 on: August 03, 2016, 11:19:36 PM »
It hasn't quite sunk in yet that I will be fully in charge of both kids jujitsu classes for the next two weeks. When it does there will probably be much panicking so I'm warning you all now. OR a mad power rush, I'm not sure yet. So far I'm just pitying the children.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16134 on: August 04, 2016, 12:31:22 AM »
Good luck Jhev! Are they the sort of kids likely to push a newby instructor?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #16135 on: August 04, 2016, 12:41:16 AM »
I got very lucky in that those who 100% would suddenly dropped out. Those left who have attitude I am aware of, and am aware of what typically makes them suddenly gain the attitude so I hope as long as I keep an extra eye on them it should go fine.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:

saminiemi

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #16136 on: August 04, 2016, 02:06:20 AM »
It hasn't quite sunk in yet that I will be fully in charge of both kids jujitsu classes for the next two weeks. When it does there will probably be much panicking so I'm warning you all now. OR a mad power rush, I'm not sure yet. So far I'm just pitying the children.
I sort of accidentally ended up being responsible for kids jujitsu class on my first time as a assistant coach. I tought that I gave them a good set on basic punches to warm up and lots of kicks (especially mawashigeri and shokutogeri) until at the end I remembered that I hadn't changed the side from left to right the whole time. It kinda explained why they seemed to be in agony at the end.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16137 on: August 04, 2016, 02:22:40 AM »
How embarrassing!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #16138 on: August 04, 2016, 08:14:49 AM »

You have my sympathy.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #16139 on: August 05, 2016, 12:03:40 AM »
Quote from: saminiemi
I sort of accidentally ended up being responsible for kids jujitsu class on my first time as a assistant coach. I tought that I gave them a good set on basic punches to warm up and lots of kicks (especially mawashigeri and shokutogeri) until at the end I remembered that I hadn't changed the side from left to right the whole time. It kinda explained why they seemed to be in agony at the end.
I sort of did the same thing one of the first times I ever ran the warmup. I started them out running and... forgot to stop, and then added extra exercises on the end. So uh, I'll be making sure I don't overwork anyone...

Quote from: Lazy8
You have my sympathy.
Thank you. ;-;