Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411439 times)

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #15930 on: July 07, 2016, 01:54:29 AM »
Quote from: Juniper
I also thought there was an octopus that wore a hat that lived in my closet at that house and it absolutely terrified me.
...Octi?!
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #15931 on: July 07, 2016, 02:22:34 AM »
That's precious. I love it when stuff like that happens :D Kind of reminds me when I was a kid I had a cassette with music from 101 Dalmatians that I'd listen to all the time. I wonder whatever happened to that thing . .

Okay sorry this is really loose association but thinking of that cassette tape made me think of how I have memories of it back when I was like 2 or 3 which made me start thinking about some of my earliest memories ? Like, I had to have been 2-ish because these memories are at my first house that I moved from when I was 2. One of them I had a banana, and being a toddler I smeared it on the wall. My cousin who was almost 20 at the time walks in and is like "what did you do ?!?" but I found out they actually cleaned it up for me and covered for me because my parents didn't even know about that story until I was older and told them so that's cool. I also have a lot of memories of throwing my favorite shiny red rattle down the stairs.

I also thought there was an octopus that wore a hat that lived in my closet at that house and it absolutely terrified me.

I remember when I was about 2 and my parents were somewhere else in the house and I went into the dining room (I wasn't allowed to play in there because they kept breakable stuff in there) and I started spinning on the carpet until I got dizzy and fell over and the ground felt like it was tilting and I was terrified.

I remember my parents taking us to where the new house was being built and they would point out what things were going to be like where the shower would be for example, and I remember thinking, that. is not a shower. It's just some wood. How could it be a shower??
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15932 on: July 07, 2016, 02:34:07 AM »
...Octi?!

AHHH WOW I NEVER MADE THAT CONNECTION BEFORE. Like okay, so I moved out of that house in like '94 or '95 and powerpuff girls came out in '98. But I was so obsessed with powerpuff girls as a child I can't believe I never thought "hey that's kind of like the thing I thought lived in my closet that I was completely terrified of"

I remember when I was about 2 and my parents were somewhere else in the house and I went into the dining room (I wasn't allowed to play in there because they kept breakable stuff in there) and I started spinning on the carpet until I got dizzy and fell over and the ground felt like it was tilting and I was terrified.

I remember my parents taking us to where the new house was being built and they would point out what things were going to be like where the shower would be for example, and I remember thinking, that. is not a shower. It's just some wood. How could it be a shower??

I also remember one time it was my mom's birthday, and you know how when people take the birthday candles off of the cake sometimes they lick the frosting off of them ? Well two year old me was like "okay that means I should eat the candles" so when my parents weren't looking I just started eating the candles and ended up puking wax all over the counter.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #15933 on: July 07, 2016, 02:46:45 AM »
I also remember one time it was my mom's birthday, and you know how when people take the birthday candles off of the cake sometimes they lick the frosting off of them ? Well two year old me was like "okay that means I should eat the candles" so when my parents weren't looking I just started eating the candles and ended up puking wax all over the counter.

Aahahahahah awww. :D I took this a step further as a 2-3 year old when I figured out that if I eat my crayons (they were toxic back when I was a child) I ended up throwing up some really interesting colours. Mum says it was a nightmare to clean and going by the evidence iow tooth marks on said crayons my favourites were blue and green. The blue one in particular has been chewed into a tiny stump... mum I'm so sorry.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #15934 on: July 07, 2016, 10:21:13 AM »
Aahahahahah awww. :D I took this a step further as a 2-3 year old when I figured out that if I eat my crayons (they were toxic back when I was a child) I ended up throwing up some really interesting colours. Mum says it was a nightmare to clean and going by the evidence iow tooth marks on said crayons my favourites were blue and green. The blue one in particular has been chewed into a tiny stump... mum I'm so sorry.

Oh this reminds me! For christmas one year my sister and I got a package of sparkly lip balm in all different flavours like tutti frutti and candy cane and cotton candy etc. My sister was 2 or 3 and I guess she thought they were candy because she ate all of them.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #15935 on: July 07, 2016, 10:56:16 AM »
That is shockingly sensible and adorable. Two birds with one box.

(I wonder if this custom might have survived into post-apocalypse Finland?)
If not, Reynir'll have it reintroduced faster than you can crate a fan club. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
« Reply #15936 on: July 07, 2016, 01:40:57 PM »
So... Didn't know where to put this so it's going here!!

I knew I had a photo of a lake with lily pads somewhere in my collection, and when I found it, I realized that with some editing I could make it look delightfully reminiscent of Onni's dream space on p559.

<-----> 

So... yeah. Just gonna leave that there.
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #15937 on: July 07, 2016, 08:02:38 PM »

I knew I had a photo of a lake with lily pads somewhere in my collection, and when I found it, I realized that with some editing I could make it look delightfully reminiscent of Onni's dream space on p559.

<-----> 

Niiiice. I had to look for a while to see what had been edited because your touches blended so well with the environment

And, just for general consumption because there's no 'I done messed up today' thread around, I'll say here that I had one of those moments where you look at life as you would look at a tragi-comedy and question your existence. I was sitting in the old rocking chair in my grandparents' computer room, reading peacefully, and all of a sudden there's a series of woody snaps and I'm essentially sitting in a wooden pit from which there is no escape. I couldn't get my feet to touch the ground or any other part of me. I was just kind of stuck in a huge chair with the bottom punched out.
Everyone was out of the house but me so I kind of just sat there, contemplating what a ridiculous existence this was because I was going to spend a few hours stuck in a rocking chair while my grandmother shopped for peaches. Finally I had the presence of mind to shout for help, just in case, and it turned out my parents were sleeping just a room away. They helped me out. But those were a scary few moments, there, when I thought I was going to be trapped in a broken rocking chair.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #15938 on: July 07, 2016, 08:12:22 PM »

Cooool. :D
OwlsG0: I know how that feels. If you've ever sat in a bungee chair...
(this is a bungee chair)
If you sit on them the wrong way, the cords stretch until you're trapped in the middle. I was stuck in one once. I escaped by struggling until I knocked the chair over.
Bungee chairs are TRAPS.
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #15939 on: July 07, 2016, 09:04:59 PM »
OwlsG0: I know how that feels. If you've ever sat in a bungee chair...
(this is a bungee chair)
If you sit on them the wrong way, the cords stretch until you're trapped in the middle. I was stuck in one once. I escaped by struggling until I knocked the chair over.
Bungee chairs are TRAPS.

Like sitting in a spider-web
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #15940 on: July 07, 2016, 09:11:15 PM »
Like sitting in a spider-web
Yup. They're probably designed by large, intelligent spiders to trap hapless humans like flies in their webs.

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #15941 on: July 07, 2016, 10:10:39 PM »
OwlsG0, that happened to me once when I was little, but with a toilet. Most terrifying moment of my young life.

I was looking for one of my sketchbooks today, and I found an old diary of mine. Apparently when I was ten, I created an image to replace every letter of the alphabet and made my own secret code. I also had the key so I decoded some of it. The first two pages were normal boring diary stuff, but page three read as follows:

the nether
the ghost that haunts my house
and the vampires

awkward spaces and all. What was this?? Did I briefly write weird poetry as a ten year old?? What does it mean???
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15942 on: July 07, 2016, 10:57:54 PM »
OwlsG0, that happened to me once when I was little, but with a toilet. Most terrifying moment of my young life.

I was looking for one of my sketchbooks today, and I found an old diary of mine. Apparently when I was ten, I created an image to replace every letter of the alphabet and made my own secret code. I also had the key so I decoded some of it. The first two pages were normal boring diary stuff, but page three read as follows:

the nether
the ghost that haunts my house
and the vampires

awkward spaces and all. What was this?? Did I briefly write weird poetry as a ten year old?? What does it mean???

All I can think about is how the premise of like half of all scary movies is that children are more sensitive to spooky paranormal stuff, or at least it's always a major plot point somehow ;_;

I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #15943 on: July 07, 2016, 11:14:25 PM »
Quote from: Juniper
All I can think about is how the premise of like half of all scary movies is that children are more sensitive to spooky paranormal stuff, or at least it's always a major plot point somehow ;_;
Iiii don't recall having any weird paranormal experiences that prompted creepy poetry, so my guess is that I was just a weird kid who wanted to be edgy and cool. Though if that's the case I could have at least had the decency to make it into a proper haiku.

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #15944 on: July 07, 2016, 11:39:22 PM »
Iiii don't recall having any weird paranormal experiences that prompted creepy poetry, so my guess is that I was just a weird kid who wanted to be edgy and cool. Though if that's the case I could have at least had the decency to make it into a proper haiku.
Heheheh. I just unearthed a bunch of notebooks from a year, two years ago. The first thing I read was a super angsty short story about a young necromancer arguing with Death. I'm pretty sure I wrote it in an attempt to be edgy and cool.