Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410684 times)

Pupunen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #15900 on: July 04, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »
He doesn't have one I just checked. And he just sent it to every other cousin I own.
You could edit the settings of the stories you don't want them to see so only registered AO3 users can view them. Of course, that only helps if they don't have accounts.
Native: :finland:
Fluent: :sweden: :uk:
Good: :italy:
Understand but don't speak: :denmark: :norway:
Basics: :russia: :wales: :iceland: :vaticancity:

:chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15:

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #15901 on: July 04, 2016, 07:18:13 PM »
You could edit the settings of the stories you don't want them to see so only registered AO3 users can view them. Of course, that only helps if they don't have accounts.

They just made one. My cousins are devious, moving faster than I could have hoped to block them.

But that's fine because I know my girl cousin's Instagram password and I just sent a picture to her bf of my legs (unshaven since January 2014) with the message 'just shaved my legs- wanna touch?'

They want a war I'll give them a war
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #15902 on: July 04, 2016, 07:28:19 PM »
My cousin found my fan fiction account and is now scrolling through old bad fanfiction what do I do how do I stop him without killing him

Good lord. I would probably die if someone found my account. Considering some of the stuff on there.

Godspeed.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #15903 on: July 04, 2016, 11:03:04 PM »
Quote from: OwlsG0
But that's fine because I know my girl cousin's Instagram password and I just sent a picture to her bf of my legs (unshaven since January 2014) with the message 'just shaved my legs- wanna touch?'

I was going to suggest some kind of prank as revenge, but clearly you are one step ahead.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #15904 on: July 04, 2016, 11:09:40 PM »
My cousin found my fan fiction account and is now scrolling through old bad fanfiction what do I do how do I stop him without killing him

Oh no, I can't imagine what I would do if any of my family (besides maybe my brothers, who wouldn't be terribly shocked and know me well enough to back off if I ask them) found my AO3 or Tumblr or something. Probably go ahead and out myself of every opinion I usually avoid airing at holidays, just to get everything all out of the way.

...but yeah, I like your response. I mean, things could escalate, but that's pretty hilarious even so.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #15905 on: July 04, 2016, 11:10:09 PM »
They just made one. My cousins are devious, moving faster than I could have hoped to block them.

You are truly an evil genius. :'D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #15906 on: July 04, 2016, 11:40:39 PM »

Beautiful *applauds*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #15907 on: July 05, 2016, 12:11:23 AM »
On another subject the Juno probe has just successfully entered orbit around Jupiter, bringing with it the first Lego to ever visit another planet.

Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15908 on: July 05, 2016, 12:39:52 AM »
On another subject the Juno probe has just successfully entered orbit around Jupiter, bringing with it the first Lego to ever visit another planet.

Ohhhhh that's so neat ! I heard about Juno going into orbit around Jupiter but I didn't know about the Lego ! I'm so delighted by that :3

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
« Reply #15909 on: July 05, 2016, 10:57:07 AM »

That is really. Really. Cool. *yay random exciting knowledge I didn't know I needed*
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #15910 on: July 05, 2016, 04:45:32 PM »

Man, human beings doing crazy silly things even with big official space projects.  The world is wacky.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15911 on: July 05, 2016, 04:56:04 PM »
Man, human beings doing crazy silly things even with big official space projects.  The world is wacky.

Oh gosh don't get me started on Space exploration and how much I love EVERYTHING about it. I was never a science student at university but I still took all of the astronomy classes offered (only three, a pitifully low amount, if there were enough astronomy classes to at least minor in it you bet I'd have done it) but ahh yeah part of the reason I love it so much is all the cute little wacky things like this. Everything about space exploration I think brings out the best in humans including our cute silly quirks we have as a species.

But like space exploration is so rad too because I think it's such a unifying thing for our whole planet and might be one of the few things that'll bring us together as a species. Look at the international space station !!! These are things we're not achieving as 'this group' or 'that group' nah space exploration is something we're achieving as a species with scientists from all over the world cooperating and working together regardless of what's going on politically (except during the Cold War but that's different)

I'm just, wow, space, it's great. Outer space is great and so is exploring it.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #15912 on: July 05, 2016, 05:49:21 PM »
Juniper, all the yes to that. I'd love to see more time, effort and money spent on space. That exploration could be one of our great works as a species, and certainly could contribute to our survival. And an incoming asteroid is just Nature's way of asking how that space programme is coming along, as I read somewhere!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15913 on: July 05, 2016, 06:06:31 PM »
Juniper, all the yes to that. I'd love to see more time, effort and money spent on space. That exploration could be one of our great works as a species, and certainly could contribute to our survival. And an incoming asteroid is just Nature's way of asking how that space programme is coming along, as I read somewhere!

I'm staying optimistic that space tourism might become a thing in my lifetime. Why retire as an old person to a condo somewhere on earth when I could retire to a condo on the moon ? But yeah more time, effort, and money on space programs is beneficial to us as a species in a lot of ways in part because the scientific advances that come out of it don't just benefit space exploration but a lot of the technological advances that come out of it benefit the rest of society here on earth in other ways and have been used to improve everyday objects around us.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #15914 on: July 05, 2016, 06:15:46 PM »
I remember having an argument about that with a young person who thought spending money on space was stupid and useless, and pointed out to her that the lung-inflating tech that had saved her own life as a very premature baby had come directly from the space programme. As have many useful things, from non-stick surfaces to better ball bearings.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!