Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387598 times)

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #15795 on: June 22, 2016, 05:19:19 PM »
Because a male bear in the women's shower...that would be bad.

maybe it was TG ;)
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #15796 on: June 22, 2016, 05:33:09 PM »
Agreed. This sort of stuff is what caused my friends and I to create what we call the Law of Human Stupidity:
If it is possible to do something that is really stupid, then someone somewhere will do it. :P

After that we have the Darwin Award, for those who like to take it one step further.
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #15797 on: June 22, 2016, 06:39:30 PM »
The tourists up north who tease the crocodiles are the ones who really annoy me. And the ones who drive into the desert in a city car with no provisions.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #15798 on: June 22, 2016, 06:43:19 PM »
there's going to be 444,444 on the general discussion board soon, and i'm hopefully going to be asleep at that time, so if someone happens to be able to screenshot that moment i would appreciate it a lot
you'll know where to find me.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #15799 on: June 22, 2016, 07:09:37 PM »
there's going to be 444,444 on the general discussion board soon, and i'm hopefully going to be asleep at that time, so if someone happens to be able to screenshot that moment i would appreciate it a lot

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15800 on: June 22, 2016, 09:05:20 PM »
Just reading the stuff that goes on in Yellowstone and Grand Teton NP makes me want to close them off for a few months until people can learn to be smarter.

It's especially bothersome when the animal ends up paying the price for human ignorance, like those people who recently took a baby bison into their car then the baby bison had to be put down.

maybe it was TG ;)

Perhaps ! Should've just let the bear have its shower :c

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #15801 on: June 22, 2016, 09:08:16 PM »
Quick update on the swedes. Only two and one of them literally is named emil... so going to be hard not to mentally compare the two.

Anyway, mind wandered at work as I was spraying noxious weeds, at some point I noticed some of the weeds were quite simmilar to pokemon, and my mind started to wander and thik what the forest service would do if certain plant types were foud to be invasive or were considered noxious.... and it'd be pretty much the same only with the guy doing the weeds abatement would have a growlithe or something with them to chase off any angry wheedles and beedrills...

Re: stupid people being stupid in national parks
unfortunately, stupid is as stupid does.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #15802 on: June 22, 2016, 09:15:11 PM »
Quick update on the swedes. Only two and one of them literally is named emil... so going to be hard not to mentally compare the two.

Anyway, mind wandered at work as I was spraying noxious weeds, at some point I noticed some of the weeds were quite simmilar to pokemon, and my mind started to wander and thik what the forest service would do if certain plant types were foud to be invasive or were considered noxious.... and it'd be pretty much the same only with the guy doing the weeds abatement would have a growlithe or something with them to chase off any angry wheedles and beedrills...

...why did I just think of triffids?
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #15803 on: June 23, 2016, 12:00:15 AM »
To completely change the subject, I have a question to ask. Lately I have been noticing eye strain when trying to read signs far away, or in general focus on anything at a distance. I've also been getting headaches right between my eyes if I try any of that for too long. Is this nearsighted-ness? The only real blurry vision I've had was not being able to read the small print on a menu hanging on the wall in a fast food place. Oh, and I already use reading glasses because my eyes apparently don't focus well and thus reading gives me a headache otherwise.

I guess I'm pretty much just trying to discern whether or not I should see the optometrist.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #15804 on: June 23, 2016, 12:04:07 AM »
...why did I just think of triffids?

Had to look that up.... so basically audrey ii in ent form? ..... i'mma need a bigger spray rig..

To completely change the subject, I have a question to ask. Lately I have been noticing eye strain when trying to read signs far away, or in general focus on anything at a distance. I've also been getting headaches right between my eyes if I try any of that for too long. Is this nearsighted-ness? The only real blurry vision I've had was not being able to read the small print on a menu hanging on the wall in a fast food place. Oh, and I already use reading glasses because my eyes apparently don't focus well and thus reading gives me a headache otherwise.

I guess I'm pretty much just trying to discern whether or not I should see the optometrist.

Hmmm.... I would see an optometrist myself if that were going on with me but i also do have a family history of eye issues on both sides of the family.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Iceea

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #15805 on: June 23, 2016, 12:10:42 AM »

Jhev, by reading glasses do you mean non prescription reading glasses? What are refered to in the states as drug store glasses. If so I would concur with Solokov do make an appointment with an optometrist.
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #15806 on: June 23, 2016, 12:15:46 AM »

Here you go!

I deleted an old post of mine to catch this, but definitely worth it  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #15807 on: June 23, 2016, 12:17:42 AM »
Iceea, they are prescription, which I find this sudden eye strain so weird. I went to the optometrist a few months ago and was told I had almost perfect vision (except for the needing the reading glasses, which even then there was no blurriness or anything, just eye strain and headaches), which even the optometrist said was weird because both of my parents need glasses. So even though I went somewhat recently I guess I'll have to go back because the headaches are slowly getting worse.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15808 on: June 23, 2016, 12:22:48 AM »

I've been suspecting that I probably need glasses for a while, even people who normally wear glasses can read stuff across the room without their glasses better than I can =/ this is probably my fault for spending so much of my life staring at computer screens.

If I have terrible vision would I still be able to get my piloting license eventually is the better question because that's what I'm worried about . .

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #15809 on: June 23, 2016, 04:07:01 AM »
At Euro 2016, Iceland defeated Austria and advanced into the play-offs yesterday. This video is currently circulating around the web - Icelandic television's commentator completely lost it when his national team scored at the 90th minute.
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany: