Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410900 times)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #15750 on: June 17, 2016, 02:12:03 PM »
Can someone explain to me fimby ?  :o

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #15751 on: June 17, 2016, 02:15:11 PM »

Fimby- short for Fimbulvarg, one of our senior members. Their self-insert is...well....link

Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #15752 on: June 17, 2016, 02:23:17 PM »
back when dearest fimbulvarg was still active, and particularly in the golden age of thriving, forum-consuming self-insert activity, "FIMBY NO" was a bit of a meme around here. i'm sure it's possible to search up some instances but i can't be bothered right now

............... wow i have not thought about my magesona in a while, and minna has jossed the possibility of a finnish/icelandic mage so there goes my mary sue
you'll know where to find me.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #15753 on: June 17, 2016, 03:33:25 PM »
back when dearest fimbulvarg was still active, and particularly in the golden age of thriving, forum-consuming self-insert activity, "FIMBY NO" was a bit of a meme around here. i'm sure it's possible to search up some instances but i can't be bothered right now

............... wow i have not thought about my magesona in a while, and minna has jossed the possibility of a finnish/icelandic mage so there goes my mary sue

You can always go the route Solokov and I have and use a separate magic system. Heck, I'd love to see your take on Czech folk magic.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #15754 on: June 17, 2016, 04:16:17 PM »

You could always pull an "I reject this bit of canon and substitute my own". : D
/miiiight possibly be doing similar for some OC-related stuff, though only fic not personas
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:28:06 PM by Yuuago »
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #15755 on: June 17, 2016, 04:22:34 PM »

Alternatively, go further into Mary Sue territory and make it so that, somehow, both sets of gods have accepted your sona :P
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #15756 on: June 18, 2016, 01:00:03 PM »
I can't believe I'm almost excited about football  :V
Pretentious? Moi?

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #15757 on: June 18, 2016, 02:04:20 PM »
I can't believe I'm almost excited about football  :V
Haha, I feel ya.
Here in Hungary, you can't not be excited about football right now... it's almost like you're not allowed to. :D
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #15758 on: June 18, 2016, 03:17:34 PM »
man......... i did not expect to be pulling an average of 10-11 hours of work per day, but here i am. getting rich. dying. at least i have access to a supply of chocolate that i can take from my pay. i can literally be paid in chocolate

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #15759 on: June 18, 2016, 07:37:09 PM »
man......... i did not expect to be pulling an average of 10-11 hours of work per day, but here i am. getting rich. dying. at least i have access to a supply of chocolate that i can take from my pay. i can literally be paid in chocolate

I also am working like 10 hours today. Actually making money for once rather than sitting at home watching anime all day! ;D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

IKEA

« Reply #15760 on: June 18, 2016, 10:04:40 PM »
Now, getting paid to watch anime 10 hours a day? That I could get into.

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #15761 on: June 18, 2016, 11:15:43 PM »
Now, getting paid to watch anime 10 hours a day? That I could get into.

Yeah, I'd already be a millionaire! :'D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #15762 on: June 19, 2016, 01:34:31 PM »
They won't take my blood. I spent too long in the UK as a kid and my bodily fluids might be swimming with dangerous mad cow prions.
They'ld gladly take my blood (one of the very compatible types) if it weren't for the packaging (me, complete with pronounced vasovagal response, it seems) ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #15763 on: June 19, 2016, 04:24:49 PM »
wow i thought sunday was going to be as easy-going as saturday but HAHA NOPE. i start my morning with less than five hours of sleep under my belt, parts of lamps falling down from the ceiling, continues with too many things that need to be done at once, spilling a bunch of colourful drinking straws over the floor, actually running out of coffee for a split second (it was terrifying thanks for asking), "i need a slice of pizza right now or i'm going to die" - Haiz; 2016, selling a beer to a guy who was already kiiind of drunk so MAYBE I SHOULDNT HAVE.......... he claimed to be a friend of my dad once i revealed what my connection to this place is as an explanation for WHY i'm not finnish not even a little bit, almost yelling/tearing up at the guy who ASKED things in english but didnt UNDERSTAND english so whatever i answered he could only curse in german back at me and I HTINK HE STOLE SOME COFFEE BUT I WAS TOO DEAD INSIDE TO CARE OKAY, forgot to put on the sausage cage so it didn't heat up at all, et ce hecking tera. i mean there were some good moments too and i survived just fine, but still though. this day has been a reminder to always get enough sleep, kids. life's rough and you need them cycles.

the worst part was, that when i was finally let free and sat down to eat some food, i heard the guys on the table next to me raise their glasses "to a lazy sunday". the urge to flip a table,,,
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:26:57 PM by Haiz »

Blackfrost

• I used to be confused. But now I just don't know.
  • Preferred pronouns: I'm not picky.
« Reply #15764 on: June 19, 2016, 10:02:29 PM »
wow i thought sunday was going to be as easy-going as saturday but HAHA NOPE.

Sincerest sympathies.  I'm having a fairly lazy Sunday, but my girlfriend is having a similar night at her workplace.

Here's to a better week, all 'round, coming-up.
Fluency: :usa:
Once knew: :spain: :germany: (Mostly lost through disuse.)
Words, without grammar:  :france: :russia: :ireland: :vaticancity: (Also some Yiddish, but there's no flag for that.  Feh! *handwave*  No, actually, I'm not Jewish.  Go figure.)

Started reading: :chap0:
Survived: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: