Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411455 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #15690 on: June 09, 2016, 03:45:19 PM »
That's above the Arctic Circle!

i actually passed the arctic circle on my first night of travel last week, when i took the train to bodø. so uh I GUESS YOU COULD SAY THAT

did i mention the part where i'm 2 hours away from the northernmost point of european mainland?

Sighhhh, I'm jealous, I've always wanted to experience polar nights and midnight sun just for the sake of it. I'll probably wind up that far north eventually to be able to do that, hopefully.
one polar night is probably a fun and whacky experience, but any more of them is just depressing and horrible. i do like the light nights though, even if sleeping is a bit tough. i got a sleeping mask on the train though, and i'm not afraid to use it
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:48:37 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #15691 on: June 09, 2016, 04:04:00 PM »
one polar night is probably a fun and whacky experience, but any more of them is just depressing and horrible. i do like the light nights though, even if sleeping is a bit tough. i got a sleeping mask on the train though, and i'm not afraid to use it

I'd have died without my sleeping mask last summer when I was over that way.  Neither my Airbnb nor my hotel had blackout curtains.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #15692 on: June 09, 2016, 04:09:31 PM »
I'd have died without my sleeping mask last summer when I was over that way.  Neither my Airbnb nor my hotel had blackout curtains.

Just thinking of a northern summer without blackout curtains makes me shudder.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #15693 on: June 09, 2016, 10:25:32 PM »
Just thinking of a northern summer without blackout curtains makes me shudder.

It was kind of neat walking out of a Stockholm bar at 3AM into broad daylight.  Less good trying to get some shuteye before the next day's adventures.

(I crashed out pretty hard on the ferry from Stockholm to Mariehamn)

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15694 on: June 10, 2016, 09:14:39 PM »
There's so many weird effects on this board I don't see anyone use. Some of them are obviously because they're kind of obnoxious, like glow text, I haven't seen this since my neopets days and even neopets outlawed it for being obnoxious. It's kind of nifty when used sparingly though.
Boy howdy shadow effect is hard to read, that might be why no one uses it.
this one is kinda fun idk I wish people would use this one moreBut guys we can change our fonts and our colors, why don't people do that more ?!? I've been thinking about typing in green or purple but I don't want to be that one obnoxious person typing in different fonts and colors. Then again back at my student job in the dormitory we had a communication log that you had to type up what happened during your shift and I was the one person who would use different colors and fonts and backgrounds and everyone would be like "stop" and I'd be like "make me" except they couldn't make me because I was the supervisor muahahaha >:3

We can also insert tables but I don't know how that works, and I have yet to see anyone use a table. I kinda wanna see someone use a table for some nifty purpose, like maybe a table of all possible shipping combinations :3c

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #15695 on: June 10, 2016, 09:22:56 PM »
There's so many weird effects on this board I don't see anyone use. Some of them are obviously because they're kind of obnoxious, like glow text, I haven't seen this since my neopets days and even neopets outlawed it for being obnoxious. It's kind of nifty when used sparingly though.
this one is kinda fun idk I wish people would use this one moreBut guys we can change our fonts and our colors, why don't people do that more ?!? I've been thinking about typing in green or purple but I don't want to be that one obnoxious person typing in different fonts and colors. Then again back at my student job in the dormitory we had a communication log that you had to type up what happened during your shift and I was the one person who would use different colors and fonts and backgrounds and everyone would be like "stop" and I'd be like "make me" except they couldn't make me because I was the supervisor muahahaha >:3

We can also insert tables but I don't know how that works, and I have yet to see anyone use a table. I kinda wanna see someone use a table for some nifty purpose, like maybe a table of all possible shipping combinations :3c

No no no stop stop please I spent the last hour of work today editing a table, I swear I'll talk just don't make me make any more taaaaaaaaableeeeeees! (Ridiculous overacting is ridiculous.)
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #15696 on: June 10, 2016, 10:21:46 PM »
There's so many weird effects on this board I don't see anyone use.
[...]

I always forget a lot of these are here! Though the colored text is used a lot in some of the roleplay threads to tell the characters apart. I also use white text sometimes to be sneaky : P Colors are fun, though, and here's a big list of colors you can use!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #15697 on: June 10, 2016, 10:26:26 PM »

Well dang, now I want to post like this all the time. I won't though, because I'll forget. or will I
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #15698 on: June 10, 2016, 10:55:48 PM »
Quote from: Juniper

this one is kinda fun idk I wish people would use this one more
But guys we can change our fonts and our colors, why don't people do that more ?!? I've been thinking about typing in green or purple but I don't want to be that one obnoxious person typing in different fonts and colors. Then again back at my student job in the dormitory we had a communication log that you had to type up what happened during your shift and I was the one person who would use different colors and fonts and backgrounds and everyone would be like "stop" and I'd be like "make me" except they couldn't make me because I was the supervisor muahahaha >:3

For whatever reason I can never get the effects to work for me so I end up manually typing them all in (that's why none of my quotes have timestamps), thus I don't use the unusual effects because I'd have to look up the actual tags to use them.

But I will admit I am tempted to start typing in a different color. I probably won't. But the temptation is there.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #15699 on: June 10, 2016, 11:24:00 PM »

TorbjornSivTaruTrondOnniLalliTuuriEmilSigrunMikkelReynirKittyThe Cat Tank
SivActually Cannon
Taru(Torbjorn)(Siv)
Trond(Torbjorn)(Siv)Are they really just co-workers?
Onni(Torbjorn)(Siv)(Taru)Imagine the tears!
Lalli(Torbjorn)(Siv)(Taru)(Trond)(Onni)
Tuuri(Torbjorn)(Siv)(Taru)(Trond)(Onni)(Lalli)
Emil(Torbjorn)(Siv)(Taru)(Trond)(Onni)Fandom's one true pairing(Tuuri)Would explain a lot actually...
Sigrun(Torbjorn)(Siv)(Taru)(Trond)(Onni)(Lalli)So Cute!(Emil)
Mikkel(Torbjorn)(Siv)(Taru)(Trond)(Onni)(Lalli)(Tuuri)(Emil)(Sigrun)
Reynir(Torbjorn)(Siv)(Taru)(Trond)(Onni)(Lalli)If this doesn't turn out as cannon I may cry(Emil)(Sigrun)(Mikkel)
Kitty(Torbjorn)(Siv)(Taru)(Trond)(Onni)They'd kill each other!(Tuuri)(Emil)(Sigrun)(Mikkel)Practically Cannon
The Cat Tank(Torbjorn)(Siv)(Taru)(Trond)(Onni)(Lalli)This has potential(Emil)(Sigrun)(Mikkel)(Reynir)(Kitty)
Tunfiskurrin(Torbjorn)(Siv)(Taru)(Trond)(Onni)(Lalli)(Tuuri)(Emil)(Sigrun)(Mikkel)(Reynir)(Kitty)This is Cannon shut up you cannot convince me otherwise

Wow, table formatting sucks :)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15700 on: June 11, 2016, 12:51:38 AM »
Wow, table formatting sucks :)
OHHHH WOW (。♥‿♥。) this is incredible and quite possibly my favorite thing I've seen all day.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #15701 on: June 11, 2016, 01:59:39 AM »
OHHHH WOW (。♥‿♥。) this is incredible and quite possibly my favorite thing I've seen all day.

It would be better if the table code allowed for cell borders :)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #15702 on: June 11, 2016, 10:45:29 AM »
I feel so fancy
Never gonna do this again, though, 'cause it's giving me a headache XD
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 10:48:06 AM by Auxivele »
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #15703 on: June 11, 2016, 02:44:20 PM »
But guys we can change our fonts and our colors, why don't people do that more ?!?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm lazy.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #15704 on: June 11, 2016, 05:23:31 PM »
remember when i reached admiral rank and picked a ship to be admiral of, and picked the hurtigruten ship MS  Nordkapp? i am on that ship right now. and i will be on it for the next 21 hours.
Well? How didya like the main attraction? >:D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15