Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410116 times)

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1650 on: November 21, 2014, 05:38:55 PM »
Funny you should say that, Eich~ because I absolutely HATED Black/White... enough to stop playing around the 4th or 5th gym and not even bother with B/W2... so I was really hesitant to pick up X and Y, but it seems like they solved most of the issues I had with the previous iteration.

I played (well, it was more of my brother) Yellow version way back when, occasionally Ruby (the contests are the best), and Soul Silver, only because someone got that for me as a gift. I'm pretty much clueless about the next versions, except that I really really like this guy here. My brother was much more into it than me. I kinda just ran around looking for cute pokemon to catch.

EDIT: And say, wasn't there a video game thread around here somewhere?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:42:11 PM by mithrysc »

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1651 on: November 21, 2014, 05:42:25 PM »
I played (well, it was more of my brother) Yellow version way back when, occasionally Ruby (the contests are the best), and Soul Silver, only because someone got that for me as a gift. I'm pretty much clueless about the next versions, except that I really really like this guy here.

And say, wasn't there a video game thread around here somewhere?
That one?
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #1652 on: November 21, 2014, 05:44:15 PM »
As my younger brother (20 by now) played it I hated that stuff. Then I saw what people did at "Twitch plays Pokemon". I am so happy, I don't have a gameboy und just stuck to working on my dos-emulator (now whe're back to really ancient times :D). It is not that deep going, but it gets you in a way.
Ah, yeah, little brothers that play stuff, first you want nothing to do with it, next your looking over their shoulders while trying to appear inconspicuous, and suddenly you find yourself picking the thing up yourself... Curiousity got the better of me often enough.
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1653 on: November 21, 2014, 05:59:41 PM »
Awww, I think it's past somebody's bedtime.   :)  Here's some warm milk and honey, sweetie.  Now toddle off to bed...

Oooh, I'll have a gin & tonic if you'd be so kind.

Funny you should say that, Eich~ because I absolutely HATED Black/White... enough to stop playing around the 4th or 5th gym and not even bother with B/W2... so I was really hesitant to pick up X and Y, but it seems like they solved most of the issues I had with the previous iteration.
Eeh? What's wrong with it though? The fashion show was sort of messed up and the gym leaders were too easy, but surely it wasn't that bad?

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1654 on: November 21, 2014, 06:14:07 PM »
Eeh? What's wrong with it though? The fashion show was sort of messed up and the gym leaders were too easy, but surely it wasn't that bad?
It had a kind of weird progression... not sure.
I will say it had one of the best post-games of the series, though.  You could catch pretty much everything, if you knew where to look.
Feel free to PM.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #1655 on: November 21, 2014, 06:34:14 PM »
*Comes out of hiding* Is Pokemon that cool? I've never had the chance to play it...

Pokemon is that cool.

I started with platinum, and so have a "bizarre" liking for Sinnoh that no one understands. I thought black and white were... Okay. Unfortunately I've only played up to the forth gym in Y because our 3DS broke, but I really enjoyed what I got to play of it. I know for a fact that we're not getting the new games anytime soon - which I'm not heartbroken about because I have no experience with Hoenn.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1656 on: November 21, 2014, 07:46:19 PM »
Oooh, Pokémon. I will be forever grateful to Singapore Airlines, where long 9 and 12 hour flights forced me to check out their Gameboy games and got me playing Silver and Gold for hours on end (as well as old Kirby and Mario games, but the Pokémon was best). After that I got myself SoulSilver, so I guess IV gen is my first. Got myself old copies of Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, FireRed, and LeafGreen after getting bored of SS, and then got Black 2. I don't have a 3DS yet, so that's as far as I go for now... but I really want the new games. 'specially the remakes of Sapphire and Ruby.
Am notified of private messages via email.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1657 on: November 21, 2014, 08:13:55 PM »
I sleep in and when I come back Nimphy has been sent to bed, milk is being handed out, and EICH HAS BROKEN THE LAW? *gasp!* haha XD

I was never allowed near anything Pokémon ;____; so I missed out on all that. *cries*

Survived my first night alone last night....while I like being alone, being that alone was horrible X____X it was so silent and lonelyyyyyyyyy *sobs* and scary

On the old topic of sight and hearing, my sight used to reeeeally good but suddenly crashed when I started university, so I guess I'm...short sighted? Man, I had soooo many depressed meltdowns because I thought I was useless without my sight but I'm kind of over it now...I think. My hearing is *boast* pretty darn good if I may say so myself, but sometimes noises like background noise or people talking (not nature noises) will flip some kind of switch in my head and make me really irritable and snappy :/ and I have to either leave the space crying, or go and stop the noise....which is bad...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1658 on: November 21, 2014, 09:04:50 PM »
Hey! I don't judge you, I'm not a lawyer or anything! I just think you're all stupid! ::)
... for parking our cars where we can't watch them and in such a way as to give you a legit reason to break out your trusty tow truck, I suppose? 8)

Oh, come on! Myopia! It's an easy word!
Sure, but could you hold that crib sheet a little closer nonetheless, please?

(Kidding. I'm actually an astigmatic hyperuricemic. :P )
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1659 on: November 21, 2014, 09:23:48 PM »
Survived my first night alone last night....while I like being alone, being that alone was horrible X____X it was so silent and lonelyyyyyyyyy *sobs* and scary
Um, yay! You survived! :D I like being alone and in quiet places, but sometimes things get too silent and the house makes weird creaking noises...

(Kidding. I'm actually an astigmatic hyperuricemic. :P )
Astigmatic here also. I'm supposed to wear glasses but I only actually put them on once every two weeks or so.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1660 on: November 21, 2014, 09:39:31 PM »
Ohhhh sleeep. That sounds reasonable. Maybe I should try get some, too.
Be assured Nimphy, I have taken no offense ;).

Awww, may I get some milk, too. Pleeeease?

Yes, here's a mug of warm milk for you too.  :) Even though *you* don't sound on the verge of a meltdown...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1661 on: November 21, 2014, 09:50:29 PM »

Well, *you're* old enough to fix your own drinks.  [Gets The Look from the thirsty Norwegian.]
Oh, what the heck -- as Jimmy Buffett observed, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.
[Rattles ice cubes; "phhhffft" of tonic bottle opening; gurgling sounds.]

Wedge of lime, Captain Terror General's Daughter Dreadful Wolf Sergeant Major Damage Sir?  Or Meyer lemon?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1662 on: November 21, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »
I sleep in and when I come back Nimphy has been sent to bed, milk is being handed out, and EICH HAS BROKEN THE LAW? *gasp!* haha XD

My hearing is *boast* pretty darn good if I may say so myself, but sometimes noises like background noise or people talking (not nature noises) will flip some kind of switch in my head and make me really irritable and snappy :/ and I have to either leave the space crying, or go and stop the noise....which is bad...

(Sigh.)  OK, belly up to the bar, as long as I'm serving.  Sounds like *you* need a drink.  How did your adorable, fluffy, helpless, Grade C cats do at protecting you last night?  (Will you share another picture?  They're so cuuuuute!)

Half-price drinks till it's 6 p.m. in Hawaii, folks!

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1663 on: November 21, 2014, 10:22:14 PM »
(Sigh.)  OK, belly up to the bar, as long as I'm serving.  Sounds like *you* need a drink.  How did your adorable, fluffy, helpless, Grade C cats do at protecting you last night?  (Will you share another picture?  They're so cuuuuute!)

Half-price drinks till it's 6 p.m. in Hawaii, folks!
They were pretty ok, until a possum tried to climb up the wall outside, then they went berserk! So I shooed the possum away and put the cats to bed. They seemed really down, they probably thought the rest of the household was never coming home :P
In the morning I woke up at six like always ;___; and let them outside to play, and 15 minutes later while I'm eating breakfast, I hear this catawalling (however that's spelt) from outside and Fluffy McFluffball is stuck on top of a vine under the roof?!? How?!
I didn't get a picture sadly, ;____; but I have a picture somewhere of the vine and cat in question.....somewhere... Here we go

Then I had to go back to my grandparents house for lunch ;___; then had to skull a scalding tea and run back home to clean the house before some interstate visitors arrived U__U they still haven't arrived....maybe they're still on WA time....
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:09:27 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #1664 on: November 22, 2014, 03:15:49 AM »
Heh. So I was just drawing for art class (and pathetically failing in my task), when someone called me from behind and for some weird reason asked "[Name]... Are you a communist? You aren't a communist, are you?" O_o
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: