Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2435613 times)

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4965 on: May 05, 2015, 10:21:07 AM »
You know there's a rule saying you have to make ssss fan art with them now right?

Ah~ yes~ ! Already working on one, but I am afraid to put the colouring on...afraid I will mess up the sketch!
You could post some of your current works when they are done, the owl eyes look amazing even if you don't like the rest of the picture.
...The owl was a grand failure...but I will consider posting some of the other stuff :) asdfkjsfk thanks you for ze pencils again :3
DID I HEAR SOMEONE TALK ABOUT SKETCHBOOKS
because uh sketchbooks are kind of my life

we were given our first wonky blank-page notebooks in fifth or sixth grade to use as Drawing Books, but I think I was the only one to actively use it. Because I filled mine out and needed a new one. And another. and another. And to this day I hoard up on cheap blank notebooks because I'm still filling them up, one by one. I used to number them, too, but I think I stopped somewhere around 20. Mostly because at that point I was starting to get better sketchblocks and my art extended to other mediums and the chronology of it all kind of fell apart

"tiny unicorn defiantly proves its existence"

and while it's a little cringeworthy it's incredibly fun to leaf through them, you can pinpoint exactly what book I was reading or what tv shows I was watching at what times. Also, you know, art evolution. It's like "and this is where I realized collarbones exist".

it's also worthy to note I almost never drew things while at home? Drawing was something I did at school. so I've been feilling 80% of these sketchbooks during classes. non-art classes. I also keep a lot of used notebooks that weren't supposed to be sketchbooks because I kept drawing in them anyway. ACTUALLY i have hoards of papers everywhere because I can't throw them away because I drew on them and like the result. WOOPS
[/sub]

That's a looooooooot of sketchbooks! I only have about 5 :D all filled mid way.

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4966 on: May 05, 2015, 10:52:42 AM »
So it's a day blessed by the Sky Orb today, and I thought, "what's a brilliant productive way to avoid reading for exams? Oh, I know! Painting that ugly fence in our garden."

so it's a little harder than it looks, but... I'll manage......

.........there's no backing down now. bets on how many planks before I'll run out of paint?
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4967 on: May 05, 2015, 10:56:57 AM »
So it's a day blessed by the Sky Orb today, and I thought, "what's a brilliant productive way to avoid reading for exams? Oh, I know! Painting that ugly fence in our garden."

so it's a little harder than it looks, but... I'll manage......

.........there's no backing down now. bets on how many planks before I'll run out of paint?

Oh, wow. That's quite a fence right there. I can't wait to see it completely painted. :)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4968 on: May 05, 2015, 04:34:04 PM »
I said I would photograph my hoard; here it is:

(2013-present. And I used up a whooole lot more my senior year of high school because I had to use them so often.)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4969 on: May 05, 2015, 05:59:13 PM »

All those pallets, just lying around in that compound's back yard. They need to be put to better use. In a rash-proof tree fortress.

I said I would photograph my hoard; here it is:

(2013-present. And I used up a whooole lot more my senior year of high school because I had to use them so often.)

What you need is a cleanser's bandolier to hold all these.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4970 on: May 05, 2015, 06:19:31 PM »
All those pallets, just lying around in that compound's back yard. They need to be put to better use. In a rash-proof tree fortress.
they belong to Felleskjøpet actually - there is this entire mostly-empty parking lot behind that fence we USED to have full access to (we actually used the pallets + some old mattresses for archery practice,, and now we can't :c) but then felleskjøpet was all YOINK OUR SPACE NOW and decided to put up walls everywhere. and that is the story of why we have an Ugly Fence now. But behind that fence is a looot of Good Stuff for apocalyptic fortification.........

they actually love putting up walls here, it's ridiculous. We live next to a gas station, but after they set up some taxing stations around these parts they put up walls so people have to drive through them, even if they're not going anywhere else but the gas station they live right next to
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4971 on: May 05, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »
What you need is a cleanser's bandolier to hold all these.

THAT IS A GREAT IDEA (I'm imagining my cleanser self-insert with it and it is a great image)

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4972 on: May 05, 2015, 06:39:04 PM »
THAT IS A GREAT IDEA (I'm imagining my cleanser self-insert with it and it is a great image)

So now a picture of your SSSSona with bandoliers of pens will be a thing.  Won't it?   :o
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4973 on: May 05, 2015, 07:20:41 PM »
So now a picture of your SSSSona with bandoliers of pens will be a thing.  Won't it?   :o

I'm just thinking drawing that would be a pain though. (and I'd probably need two bandoliers) Also, would people in Y90 have that type of pen/marker? I'm not sure if I could actually make it work, eheh.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #4974 on: May 05, 2015, 07:27:30 PM »
I'm just thinking drawing that would be a pain though. (and I'd probably need two bandoliers) Also, would people in Y90 have that type of pen/marker? I'm not sure if I could actually make it work, eheh.

The obvious answer is an AU where trolls are weak to great art :D
This forum would probably be some sort of last bastion against the tides of gooshy yumminess evil.

In other news, spring finally hit! Temperatures are above 50 F! There's birds again! *cheek-smooshes in happiness* FLOWERS!
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4975 on: May 05, 2015, 07:33:32 PM »
*Loud and unhappy whimpering at the prospect of diagramming sentences tomorrow.

You should have been there when our Language Art teacher told us to turn to the page that had the start of the unit for diagramming sentences. So many simultaneous groans of misery. So many.

And now we have a test. Yayyyyyyyy.

The obvious answer is an AU where trolls are weak to great art :D
This forum would probably be some sort of last bastion against the tides of gooshy yumminess evil.

In other news, spring finally hit! Temperatures are above 50 F! There's birds again! *cheek-smooshes in happiness* FLOWERS!

Welpp, I'm definitely dead in this AU. Unless words work too.

Spring has decided its time has come where I live in a very dramatic fashion. I don't like it.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4976 on: May 05, 2015, 07:42:12 PM »
*Loud and unhappy whimpering at the prospect of diagramming sentences tomorrow.

You should have been there when our Language Art teacher told us to turn to the page that had the start of the unit for diagramming sentences. So many simultaneous groans of misery. So many.

And now we have a test. Yayyyyyyyy.

Spring has decided its time has come where I live in a very dramatic fashion. I don't like it.

Kick'n'Run, I realize I'm siding with the oppressors here, but I liked diagramming sentences.  8) I still do it sometimes to help remember what verb form to use (since I like big, unwieldy compound sentences that ramble all over the place).  I think of it as like a flow chart, or Visual Basic programming.

I'm a little surprised that U.S. students still learn diagramming.  But wait, don't you go to a Catholic school?  You may like this book,  Sister Bernadette's Barking Dog: The Quirky History and Lost Art of Diagramming Sentences. 

Good luck with that!  (I'm sure you'll do great.)

On a separate note, why don't you like springtime?  I went to college in New England and I was always so glad when the snow finally melted, the mud dried up, and the flowers came out (especially the lilacs and apple blossoms).  Do you have bad allergies?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #4977 on: May 05, 2015, 08:01:17 PM »
Kick'n'Run, I realize I'm siding with the oppressors here, but I liked diagramming sentences.  8) I still do it sometimes to help remember what verb form to use (since I like big, unwieldy compound sentences that ramble all over the place).  I think of it as like a flow chart, or Visual Basic programming.

I'm a little surprised that U.S. students still learn diagramming.  But wait, don't you go to a Catholic school?  You may like this book,  Sister Bernadette's Barking Dog: The Quirky History and Lost Art of Diagramming Sentences. 

Good luck with that!  (I'm sure you'll do great.)

On a separate note, why don't you like springtime?  I went to college in New England and I was always so glad when the snow finally melted, the mud dried up, and the flowers came out (especially the lilacs and apple blossoms).  Do you have bad allergies?

I don't have allergies, my friend has allergies, and he seems to hate spring less then I do. Its that fact that one layer is enough to make me sweat to death now which annoys me.(Time to change the bedspreads!) Also, I hate the smell of flowers for some reason.
I'm somewhere in the tri-state area, a little under where you used to be. And yes, Catholic school, no, I am not taught by nuns, and no, I have no gotten hit by a ruler.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4978 on: May 05, 2015, 08:04:16 PM »
Update on my financial aid situation: they upped it to $28.5K - still not as much as last year, but yay! (phew)
(my mom sent them an angry email, I think, haha)

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #4979 on: May 05, 2015, 08:18:41 PM »
Update on my financial aid situation: they upped it to $28.5K - still not as much as last year, but yay! (phew)
(my mom sent them an angry email, I think, haha)

Ha! Victory! That's great, Piney! That's also more than I'll be spending during my entire schooling. Whoa.
Hooray for angry emails, they get things done :P I'm reminded of this, of course...
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.