Author Topic: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread  (Read 618341 times)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Re: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread
« Reply #3525 on: August 28, 2024, 12:15:29 PM »
"I know all sorts of things that I don't believe" -- that's a great line.
Agreed!  :D

Well, it's been a loooong time, but here goes a new one! 

(clicking on the image will show a full scale version... I hope!)
Poor Emil probably believed that moving to another Universe would keep him away from monsters...
But there's a bigger ploblem...
How will him wash his hair in Arrakis? ;D

UPDATE: Just recalled that I had already done a SSSS/DUNE poster... For the first (new) movie, while today's one is based on an image from the second (new) one... Anyway, here it goes, under spoilers to save space

Spoiler: show
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 04:06:40 PM by thegreyarea »
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

dmeck7755

« Reply #3526 on: August 28, 2024, 04:03:52 PM »
Love them!! Thanks all
Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

~ Gregory David Roberts

NightMareMage

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #3527 on: August 28, 2024, 04:31:11 PM »
I only have the vaguest idea of what Dune even is and these made me chuckle like hell!

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #3528 on: August 30, 2024, 02:09:56 PM »
Love them!! Thanks all
:sparkle: :)  :sparkle:

I only have the vaguest idea of what Dune even is and these made me chuckle like hell!
I'm glad you liked it! I definitively recommend reading Dune, the first, and best, book of the series. As usual, the book is way better than the movies.

So I was thinking in other crossovers between SSSS and... anything else, and The Expanse came to mind.
I did a brief search, and recalled one great scene with one of my preferred characters, Amos.
This scene is from Season 3 Episode 6. If any of you watched the show you probably know by now what I'm talking about. If you didn´t, and like SF, I'd say it's time to do it  :)
 (only problem is that it implies a subscription, but I think signing for a month or two just to watch this series is well worth the cost)

So, here goes "I'm that guy" with Reynir, and Mikkel on a spacesuit  :reynir: :mikkel:

If you want to (re?)view the scene there's a link to youtube under the spoiler. Beware there's implicit violence

And here's the original image I used

Note:
One could argue that Sigrun would be better at Amos role, but the whole point is that Amos prevents the asian guy, Prax, from killing at cold blood the evil scientist, because he knows that it would haunt Prax for the rest of his life, and I can only see Mikkel doing it that way.

Sigrun could do that, but her line would probably be something like "What are you waiting? Should have already shot that (insert swear word here)! Look, let me do it for you! BANG!"  :sigrun:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 02:12:22 PM by thegreyarea »
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

NightMareMage

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #3529 on: August 30, 2024, 10:20:10 PM »

More quotes from Text From Last Night. I saved the quote with the original intent of using it for Emil. Then I looked at it later and I did not like the idea, so I was going to delete it. But then I thought of this. Hope it amuses someone half as much as it amused me.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3530 on: August 31, 2024, 03:13:46 PM »
NightmareMage, Trond is exactly the right one for that quote!

And SSSS totally works on Dune. Only problem is you’ll run out of water if you just stand still, so better learn the uneven step.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.