Author Topic: The Webcomics Discussion  (Read 75168 times)

Hrollo

• Ranger
Re: The Webcomics Discussion
« Reply #225 on: November 12, 2015, 10:02:28 PM »
Has anyone mentioned this one yet? 

The Prophecy of the Circle: http://www.prophecyofthecircle.com/comic/prologue/

The art is absolutely beautiful, inks and watercolors, but the story line is absolutely addicting.  The world that this artist has creative is outstanding.  I can't wait for new pages now, and to see the conclusion one day....  Also, the artist updates twice a week.

And surely someone has mentioned Skin Deephttp://www.skindeepcomic.com/archive/issue-1-cover/

At first I wasn't too enthused about the art itself, it was just okay (I really have no room to critique, I can't draw faces either) but the story was addicting enough for me to keep reading.  Like all webcomic artists, her art only got better and better.  Each new page is a treat now.  Again, another outstanding example of worldbuilding, and a story that has keep me reading for over two years now.  She updates every Tuesday.

Enjoy!  :)

Yep, I follow both of those.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

IKEA

« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2016, 03:34:43 PM »
Schlock Mercenary is good if you like military science fiction, great humor and lots of cool aliens.Plus, it updates seven days a week since 2001 without ever missing a day, so there's lots to read. It's about a pyromaniac sentient blob named Schlock who joins the mercenary company Tagon's Toughs and goes jaunting around the galaxy.

Sonichu is absolutely hilarious in a "so bad, it's good" type of way. It's about an Electric Hedgehog Pokemon (cross between Sonic and Pikachu) who... well, there's not really much of a plot, it's just the author's weird wish fulfillment as the all-powerful Mayor of Sonichu's town. Notable characters include the real-life dean of his community college (as the main villain) and a completely random cameo by BILLY MAYS! As the comic goes on it does get really bizarrely NSFW though. I would recommend reading only the first 3 or 4 issues.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:18:32 PM by IKEA »

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2016, 06:05:18 PM »
Well this thread is kinda dead, but I just read through the whole list and I'm glad to see you all have excellent taste, most of my fav's have been mentioned. There are 2, I think worth mentioning, Misfile, www.misfile.com and Chasing the Sunset, http://www.fantasycomic.com
I would think RTD and SSSS fans would particularly find Chasing the Sunset worthwhile.
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #228 on: February 22, 2016, 06:57:35 PM »
I want to recommend Subnormality. It is by far my favorite webcomic. It is a sort of a slice of life comic that has way too many words, updates very infrequently and may occasionally turn you into a crying husk of a person while reading it. But in a good way.
Sound fun? Great!
Pretentious? Moi?

IKEA

« Reply #229 on: February 22, 2016, 09:50:16 PM »
I want to recommend Subnormality. It is by far my favorite webcomic. It is a sort of a slice of life comic that has way too many words, updates very infrequently and may occasionally turn you into a crying husk of a person while reading it. But in a good way.
Sound fun? Great!
I'll be sure to check that one out!

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2016, 11:38:21 AM »
started reading namesake (namesakecomic.com) a couple of weeks ago and i'm still not done.  it's hella good!
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2016, 11:52:18 AM »
Sound fun? Great!

Double H, what have you done, that comic is, well, words can not describe, my productivity at work today will be in the negative region.............
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2016, 11:10:40 PM »
i recently started reading cucumber quest (http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-724/)...and i finished it.  it's SO CUTE!?!?!?!!
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

Zalli

• Super-Newbie
  • A Finnish nerd.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2016, 04:30:20 PM »
So, one of the really big webcomics, Homestuck, ended yesterday. Wonder what will the Hussie's next project be, after the Hiveswap game.
Also I recommend reading Homestuck and the author's previous comic Problem Sleuth (much shorter). Both can be found at http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?viewpage=archive
Native: :finland:
Great:  :uk:
Awful:  :sweden: :germany:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2016, 03:17:03 AM »
So I just read Traveller, a side comic to Gunnerkrigg court that's been available in paper but that Tom released on the web a few days ago. Looks like a very sweet summer story, judging by the cover. And it is sweet, really really sweet. But. I'm wiping tears and swallowing a huge lump in my throat without success. Recommended read, and works pretty good as a standalone even if you haven't read Gunnerkrigg, but not if you're not up for crying just a little bit.

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2016, 04:19:38 PM »
So I just read Traveller, a side comic to Gunnerkrigg court that's been available in paper but that Tom released on the web a few days ago. Looks like a very sweet summer story, judging by the cover. And it is sweet, really really sweet. But. I'm wiping tears and swallowing a huge lump in my throat without success. Recommended read, and works pretty good as a standalone even if you haven't read Gunnerkrigg, but not if you're not up for crying just a little bit.

Ooh, I need to read that! I'm very behind on Gunnerkrigg, one of these days I need to catch up.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

IKEA

« Reply #236 on: April 23, 2016, 10:26:35 PM »
So, one of the really big webcomics, Homestuck, ended yesterday. Wonder what will the Hussie's next project be, after the Hiveswap game.
Also I recommend reading Homestuck and the author's previous comic Problem Sleuth (much shorter). Both can be found at http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?viewpage=archive
Is Homestuck worth checking out? I started it once and couldn't get past Act 1, but apparentky it gets much better. What do you think of the trolls?

Superdark33

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Magnificent Coatl
« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2016, 03:22:53 PM »
Read this https://gigidigi.itch.io/lady

Its a short comic by the creator of Cucumber Quest (READ THAT AS WELL) about an Acolyte falling in love with her godess.
Incumbent cutest and prettiest member of the fandom

Currently scheming....

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2016, 08:04:17 PM »
Read this https://gigidigi.itch.io/lady

Its a short comic by the creator of Cucumber Quest (READ THAT AS WELL) about an Acolyte falling in love with her godess.
Ah, thanks, this is cool!
Has anyone recommended Digger, by Ursula Vernon?
It is about old gods. And a wombat.
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2016, 08:25:35 PM »
Has anyone else read Two Rooks? I used to be REALLY into it a few years ago. The concept is a disease ravages and wipes out most of humanity (I'm sensing a theme in what I like in webcomics) but a few people are selected to live in a safe haven underground safe from the disease, except most of the people who make it in are either international criminals or corrupt politicians. Unfortunately it only updates a few times a year so I think that's why my interest in it fizzled out. Also, the creator Alice Fox started it when she was only sixteen, and she did an extremely impressive job for a sixteen year old but the art and writing was still a bit dodgy in the first few chapters but then improves exponentially as the comic goes on.

I'd still recommend it, I think anyone who enjoys SSSS might enjoy Two Rooks. It really has a pretty neat world building concept and pretty well done characters. It's technically a crime noir webcomic if you're into that. Also, the art style is super neat, I forgot the technical word but it's black and white with just specific things in certain panels in bright colors.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign: