Author Topic: SSSS Monopoly game  (Read 15520 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: SSSS Monopoly game
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2020, 08:06:44 AM »
Beautiful, and well thought out!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2020, 10:34:27 AM »
Grey, is the small board in the dropbox? Our printer is broken!! But my husband will need to visit his work so maybe I can have him print it for me to be able to take a comprehensive look at the whole.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2020, 12:01:16 PM »
Grey, is the small board in the dropbox? Our printer is broken!! But my husband will need to visit his work so maybe I can have him print it for me to be able to take a comprehensive look at the whole.

Yes, it is, on the Board folder, both in JPG and PDF

I'll post it here, but postimage has been in maintenance for the last hours...

EDIT: Finally Postimage is allowing uploads, so here it is: https://i.postimg.cc/wvrJfy4M/mini-board-1.jpg

And a small version (hard to read) to show here in the forum. Please note that this is a WIP and the values are NOT defined yet.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 07:41:50 PM by thegreyarea »
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2020, 10:52:57 PM »
That looks great Grey!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Jitter

• Valkyrie
Re: SSSS Monopoly gam
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2020, 07:35:17 AM »
Oh, that works surprisingly well! And it also works as a good schematic table for consideration of the various types of squares!

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2020, 08:13:24 AM »
That looks great Grey!
Oh, that works surprisingly well! And it also works as a good schematic table for consideration of the various types of squares!
Thanks Wrym and Jitter! Actually it started as a schematic table to evaluate the distribution of squares on each side of the main board, so I didn't had to rotate the drawing all the time and/or exercise my ability to read things upside down... :)
But then I thought that it could be more than that and, as I said, am thinking on ways to make a full A4 compatible game so we can easily print it at home (if our printer is working and has ink...) so I thought that we could make our own markers for the players following this scheme:

:D
We would need one for each player and also for murderghosts, trolls, sleipnope...
And we can add to the mini board layout places to mark the existence of fortifications, houses and hotels...
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2020, 09:06:08 AM »
Haha I love the instructions picture :D Is the product Böärd Gåme?

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2020, 11:08:17 AM »
Haha I love the instructions picture :D Is the product Böärd Gåme?
I'd say that SSSSBÖÄRDGÅME (with everything in uppercase and all the words together) looks more like IKEA :)

Since you like the instructions there are many hilarious things on the Net, just search for "ikea instructions man" or "ikea instructions manual"...
And this is one that I think you will like:
https://cdn10.phillymag.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/09/ed-harrington-ikea-alien-705x705.jpg

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2020, 04:56:53 PM »
Yeah, this one I’ve seen. Also Börder Wall :)

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2020, 05:59:36 AM »
But it's ... AWESOME. Everything is so well thought out! The assembly and design of the cards is great, what are you working on, Grey? Photoshop? :)
In any case, I will check asap if I still have ink in the printer! Do you already think of making the small "figurines" (no idea how it's called in english...) to walk on the game board ?
(characters figurines ? Cat looking characters ? I have a 3D printer at work. It's too bad that I can't go there otherwise I could have tried to do something to help you ...)

After with cardboard and paper, it is also possible (by taking the character presentation page).
Well in all cases, bravo !  :D

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2020, 07:09:29 AM »
But it's ... AWESOME. Everything is so well thought out! The assembly and design of the cards is great, what are you working on, Grey? Photoshop? :)
In any case, I will check asap if I still have ink in the printer! Do you already think of making the small "figurines" (no idea how it's called in english...) to walk on the game board ?
(characters figurines ? Cat looking characters ? I have a 3D printer at work. It's too bad that I can't go there otherwise I could have tried to do something to help you ...)

After with cardboard and paper, it is also possible (by taking the character presentation page).
Well in all cases, bravo !  :D

Thanks, Kyara! We (particularly myself, Jitter and Purple Wrym) are having a lot of fun with this, each doing a part.
I'm using AutoCAD for the board design (I'm an architect) and Photoshop for the art.
In an ideal world (or in a few years in the future) we would all have 3D printers at home and somebody could be using Poser or Maya to make 3D figurines (the word exists in English, but to refer decoration https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/figurine I'm no native speaker but I think they use just "figures" in this situation.
For the moment I'm thinking in fold-and-glue "figurines" made from the character presentation page and other sources.
I'd love to have you in the team :) You can think in something, and I can talk with the others to find things to do. There's still a lot of things to do.
You do just (fantastic) art or are used to work on Photoshop or other kind of thing?
Thanks again! :)

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2020, 08:28:01 AM »
Your are welcome ! This is a great project. I didn't play Monopoly for ages but with those well-adapted rules, it can be really fun (especially with Minna's great illustrations in background).

I can use Photoshop, Inkscape, SketchUp and SolidWorks (I used them a lot in my previous job but I learned by myself....it's certainly not perfect ) I can use Blender a little. That's all. I am not sure if that can help you much ?

Never use AutoCAD even if we have it with the 3D printer at work. It looks quite difficult ! Guess that you have to need it to learn how it works (and if you are an Architect, no doubt that's useful).

Fold-and-glue is still a great option. Many board game used this and it looks good !

If you need help to do something, do not hesitate. I will be happy to help !
BTW, you planned to do other games ? I mean, not  complicated ones (I mostly think of card game, like "7 families" or a "the werewolves" because your hands are quite full with this project.

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2020, 09:23:09 AM »
In an ideal world (or in a few years in the future) we would all have 3D printers at home and somebody could be using Poser or Maya to make 3D figurines (the word exists in English, but to refer decoration https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/figurine I'm no native speaker but I think they use just "figures" in this situation.

'Figurine' can indeed be used for a gaming piece. But figure is fine too. :)

Possibly we could make figures on Hero Forge
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2020, 10:47:31 AM »
Your are welcome ! This is a great project. I didn't play Monopoly for ages but with those well-adapted rules, it can be really fun (especially with Minna's great illustrations in background).

I can use Photoshop, Inkscape, SketchUp and SolidWorks (I used them a lot in my previous job but I learned by myself....it's certainly not perfect ) I can use Blender a little. That's all. I am not sure if that can help you much ?

Never use AutoCAD even if we have it with the 3D printer at work. It looks quite difficult ! Guess that you have to need it to learn how it works (and if you are an Architect, no doubt that's useful).

Fold-and-glue is still a great option. Many board game used this and it looks good !

If you need help to do something, do not hesitate. I will be happy to help !
BTW, you planned to do other games ? I mean, not  complicated ones (I mostly think of card game, like "7 families" or a "the werewolves" because your hands are quite full with this project.

I'm sure we can find something... I'll let you know. :-)

AutoCAD is very technical. So it helps a lot to know technical drawing. But it's an amazing program that allows you, if you master it, to make basically anything with as much accuracy as you want.

As for the figurines i'll try to put up something. You can help by trying to make them at home and verifying how they fit in your hand and on the mini-board. I'm going to make a set for the mini-board and another, bigger, for the main board. Now I'll focus on the mini-board, considering our present limitations.

Other games would be fun, but right now I cannot take more things... I'm doing this project, making the occasional reminder, writing a fan-fic and preparing an art piece for the upcoming chapter break... And I still have lots of real life work to do. Luckily I don't have many places to go in the coming weeks... :-)

But if you and other people want to try adapting other games I'll be happy to help as much as I can!

It's a great idea. I went there to check, and it's very interesting. However there are some limitations. As an example, they don't have that many haircuts, so there's none like Sigrun's.
I also don't know their prices... But it's something that we can explore in the future.

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2020, 11:02:40 AM »
As for the figurines i'll try to put up something. You can help by trying to make them at home and verifying how they fit in your hand and on the mini-board. I'm going to make a set for the mini-board and another, bigger, for the main board. Now I'll focus on the mini-board, considering our present limitations
Got it ! I look forward to try it.

AutoCAD is very technical. So it helps a lot to know technical drawing. But it's an amazing program that allows you, if you master it, to make basically anything with as much accuracy as you want.

That's how it looks, for sure. Autodesk software are cool, I am using one of them (SketchBook) for all my illustrations. But AutoCAD is a whole other level.

Other games would be fun, but right now I cannot take more things... I'm doing this project, making the occasional reminder, writing a fan-fic and preparing an art piece for the upcoming chapter break... And I still have lots of real life work to do. Luckily I don't have many places to go in the coming weeks... :-)

As I said, it is just a suggestion ! :) But I can totally understand that you are already busy (same goes for me, it is a terrible idea to make a comic for the chapter break...) Maybe  finishing first a game sound not bad, before starting something else !

It is too entertaining to be true. My work pause was worth it !
Lalli for the fun :