Author Topic: Instructions for the Arts and Audiovisual Media Board  (Read 3539 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Instructions for the Arts and Audiovisual Media Board
« on: September 02, 2021, 10:57:03 AM »
Welcome to the Arts and Audiovisual Media Board!

Are you new to the Forum? Some tips on getting started with the Forum can be found here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1297.0

This board is dedicated to sharing of visual and audiovisual works, both original and fanwork. Digital and traditional art, photos, crafts, music, videos - all is welcome here.

To post and discuss written works, we have the Writing board here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?board=16.0

For Forum events, often inviting various medias, we have the Events board: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?board=28.0

How to -discussions, tutorials etc. discussions about learning and improving art and art techniques go to the Academy board: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?board=18.0

And last but not least, Forum roleplaying, including your character descriptions and possible illustrations of your character, should go into the Roleplay board: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?board=17.0

General rules and guidelines

Your own work
Never share someone else's work as your own!
Specific threads may be intended for sharing and discussion of work by others, in this case always make sure to indicate the original artist(s) properly.
Modifications and memes are welcome in the appropriate threads! Still, it must be clear whether something is fully yours or a modification.

Open for everyone
The board and threads on it are equally open to all Forumites willing to play by the rules. No threads limited to specific people or excluding someone, ok?

PG-13 / Teen rated
Remember that the open areas of the Forum are to be suitable for Teen Audiences.

Content description / content warning may also be in order if the content is potentially distressing. If unsure, it's better to err on the side of caution. When a content warning is required, please post the work itself under spoiler tags so that users may choose to see it or not. If you feel that a content warning may diminish the enjoyment of the work such as spoil a surprise element, you can put the content warnings under one spoiler (indicated clearly) and the work under another, so that people may choose to not see the warnings, if they don't feel they need such.

Any content that is deemed not suitable for Teens due to sexual, violent or other content may be moved to the Mature board or removed without warning by the Forum staff.

Discussion welcome
Discussion about the works posted here is open to all Forumites and not only those who contribute works. Welcome to comment and cheer each other along!

Not limited to SSSS
This board invites works related to SSSS, as well as other fandoms and original work!
Choose the correct thread, i.e. do not post non-SSSS works to the SSSS Art Museum, and vice versa. You may open new threads as required, if no suitable thread exists.

Constructive commenting
Discussion and commenting, including constructive criticism of works posted here is allowed. Always remain constructive and friendly in your manner, when commenting!

If you do not wish to receive any criticism, please make sure to clearly indicate this when posting. If such a wish is made, please respect it as a commentator.

Enjoy!
Enjoy the works here, whether by participating, discussing, or just looking!

Please note that this is the first version of the Arts board rules and may be modified as needed. If you feel like something has been left out or should be worded differently, please comment below or PM me!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 03:54:48 PM by Jitter »
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

ohnosir

Re: Instructions for the Arts and Audiovisual Media Board
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 02:12:24 AM »
Ooooh, is this board brand new? Can't wait to see the contributions!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 11:06:29 AM »
Ohnosir, we just very recently had a great rearrangement! We didn’t use to have creative boards at all, we just had an SSSS area (with a board for A Redtail’s Dream) and a General area. So the SSSS Art Museum was one thread on the SSSS board, and Forum Art Museum in the General Board. There’s a huge load of art in those two threads! But they are a little overwhelming to go through :)

So hopefully from now on, having more variety of art threads will make it easier to find works and encourages people to post their work of various media and techniques.

If you haven’t already checked out the Events Board, I heartily recommend it you. The Events are mixed media, so in them you’ll find various kinds of visual arts!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

ohnosir

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 09:07:31 PM »
I love it! The creativity of this community is amazing!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 03:03:50 AM »

Can I have an A-MEN!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 05:00:02 PM »

This community is very stimulating for the creativity.

ohnosir

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 01:48:17 AM »
HAH Wave I love it

Bippity Boppity Boop

• Call me Boop!!
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2023, 11:45:36 AM »
So uhmmmmmm. I've looked through the different categories for a bit but I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.
Where does one go if one were to, hypothetically, record the lyrics for one of the filks in the comments of SSSS? And also, in that same category, also purely hypothetically, who would one have to contact if they wanted to ask if it would be okay to use the lyrics of one of MegaJar's filks? That was the handle of that commenter in the Disqus comments.
Hypothetically thanks,

Boop (hypothetically)
Call me Boop!

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2023, 06:44:47 PM »
So uhmmmmmm. I've looked through the different categories for a bit but I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.
Where does one go if one were to, hypothetically, record the lyrics for one of the filks in the comments of SSSS? And also, in that same category, also purely hypothetically, who would one have to contact if they wanted to ask if it would be okay to use the lyrics of one of MegaJar's filks? That was the handle of that commenter in the Disqus comments.
Hypothetically thanks,

Boop (hypothetically)
Hi Boop!
My hypothetical answer would be that if you are being creative (i.e.making a song) the right place would be the Creative Corner > Arts and Audiovisual Media Board.
From there you would have three ways:
1> The Music Thread is the most obvious option.
2> If your song is based on SSSS, you could choose the SSSS art museum.
3> If the song is not about SSSS you could post on the Forum's art museum.
Don't worry too much, because if later you find it's not the best option you can ask it to be moved.

I would ask directly the author before using their work.
But if your work is just inspired by their's I see no problem.
Being polite and using some good old common sense is, IMHO, the best way.
You can try to contact another member using the "send PM" (personal message) option.
I hope all this was helpfull  :reynir: and am looking forward to see your work.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 01:32:00 AM by thegreyarea »
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2023, 09:45:46 PM »
On the occasions that I have wanted to use another artist’s or writer’s work, what I have done is contact them through the Forum and ask their permission. It worked out well.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!