Author Topic: AI assisted art  (Read 17931 times)

lwise

• Scout
AI assisted art
« on: December 05, 2022, 02:25:17 PM »
Since I have no artistic ability, I decided to try AI art.  The prompt I used was "bald man with big white beard with round eyes and seagull standing on his head" -- Väinö Väänänen, in other words.

The results are ... unusual.  See here.  There are four images, one showing the hazards of having a seagull standing on your head.

EDITED by Jitter to add that this discussion about using AI tools to assist in creating art, and test runs to create some familiar characters was snipped from the SSSS Art Museum thread and made it's own thread. Everyone interested in commenting or trying these exciting new tools, welcome!

- Jitter, your friendly neighbourhood moderator
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 11:25:58 AM by Jitter »

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: AI assisted art
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 02:29:17 PM »
Since I have no artistic ability, I decided to try AI art.  The prompt I used was "bald man with big white beard with round eyes and seagull standing on his head" -- Väinö Väänänen, in other words.

The results are ... unusual.  See here.  There are four images, one showing the hazards of having a seagull standing on your head.

I love them.  Are the others yours also?  They are quite nice
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 02:46:46 PM »
All four images were generated by the AI from the same prompt.  Since I entered the prompt, I suppose they're "mine".

By the way, you can try the AI yourself for free.  You can make five images per day (a group of four like that counts as one image).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 02:48:26 PM by lwise »

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 08:32:41 PM »
Hahaa great Väinös! I also love the fire hippie!  :emil:
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 06:11:24 AM »
The fire hippie is kind of interesting because I made the base image in MidJourney AI.  I use the base image as my profile picture.  Then I used NightCafe to produce more naturalistic images.  You can try MidJourney for free. 

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 07:00:48 AM »
Yes, I noticed it’s the same person, more or less. Interesting, both of them!

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 07:29:38 AM »
I tried to make a Lalli but he became Emil with silver hair, then a girl and then I ran out of credits. And I can’t figure out how to show them to you.

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 07:45:57 AM »
You can open the image in a new tab and get the URL of the image that way.  I was able to pass an image from NightCafe to MidJourney via that URL.  Alternatively, you can download the image, then upload to some place you can access.

Also, you can create an account (free), which gives you a few more credits and allows you to make the image public.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 09:11:09 AM »
Yeah here he is. Or someone.

The description was

Young thin androgynous man sharp features pale blue eyes high cheekbones silver chin-length hair

Maybe this person is Lalli and Emil’s son?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/gn8yXXm

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2022, 09:18:17 AM »
Really nice!  He does kind of look like my image of Lalli rather than Emil.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2022, 09:38:07 AM »
Yeah, the nose and jaw are good, and the hair and all colors too. But in my eyes he’s got Emil’s cheeks. But yeah, more credits might well lead to very good results :)

I don’t know if it has a feature to do so, but it would be very cool if you could develop a character, then tell the system to use this character in different scenes. OCs preferably I think.

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2022, 10:27:53 AM »
You can kind of do that by uploading an image of the character and then basing the new image off of that.  That's how I got the Christmas fire hippie based off the image from MidJourney.

Well -- that is, if all you want is portrait.  I don't think there's any way to put the character into scenes.

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2022, 11:12:56 AM »
Here's my attempt at Lalli.  This is from MidJourney AI and took many, many rerolls.

Lalli

How did you get the picture to show here?

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2022, 11:33:28 AM »
I put the picture on my postimage gallery, which provides a direct link to the picture itself. With that, I added the image tags [ img ] [ /img ] with the direct link in between. Many image sharing sites don’t give the link to the picture or you have to find it in the source code for the page, but PostImage specifically does. It’s free, and just to post something you don’t even need to register, but if you post unregistered there’s no way to control it later, e.g. take the pic down.

Like so:

[ img ]  https://i.postimg.cc/TYRSGLR5/KoliC6.jpg [ /img ]

Which shows as

The trick is to get the url to the picture, i.e. the jpg (or sometimes png) file to put into the image tags. Usually you only get a .html url that shows a page with the picture in it.

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2022, 11:40:57 AM »
Let's see if this works.

I messed up and put in the wrong image.  This is the good one.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:18:39 PM by lwise »