Author Topic: The Music Thread  (Read 234153 times)

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
Re: The Music Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2014, 10:32:35 AM »
Heavens, what a beautiful voice she has!

I've had the pleasure of hearing her live. She's absolutely flawless. I wish more of her songs were on youtube.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2014, 11:29:45 PM »
In honor of the language page, a song about things that languages don't apply to.
Feel free to PM.

Fenris

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2014, 11:24:34 PM »
Fejd - Offerrök
A pretty good Swedish folk band. Name means 'feud', while the name of the song is 'sacrifice smoke' and is about pagan sacrifice.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2014, 11:16:37 PM »
Okay.  So, I started learning "Why Georgia" yesterday, and something neat happened.
I am, kind of, for the last few minutes, singing while I play.  I've tried soooo long to be able to do that, and I've never been able to do it before.  I'm positively giddy and I needed to tell some people.  That is all.  *Shambles back to desk*
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2014, 12:13:01 AM »
Okay.  So, I started learning "Why Georgia" yesterday, and something neat happened.
I am, kind of, for the last few minutes, singing while I play.  I've tried soooo long to be able to do that, and I've never been able to do it before.  I'm positively giddy and I needed to tell some people.  That is all.  *Shambles back to desk*
WOW THATS AWESOME EICH! 8D seriously!
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2014, 12:58:54 AM »
WOW THATS AWESOME EICH! 8D seriously!
I'm pretty pumped about it!  I know what I'm doing this weekend now, haha.  :D
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2014, 01:10:00 AM »
Hehee revel in your musical weekend free time! :P

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2014, 02:16:34 AM »

That's great!  May it be the first of many songs pouring out of you.  (Also, may I add, ladies like guitar players.  Arrange to be "casually" practicing in the quad or wherever else lots of students pass by, and you will get admiring attention.  I only ask that you not let the power go to your head and end up like John Mayer, with unappetizing tattoos all over and a string of jilted celebrity ex-girlfriends...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2014, 03:47:12 AM »
That's great!  May it be the first of many songs pouring out of you.  (Also, may I add, ladies like guitar players.  Arrange to be "casually" practicing in the quad or wherever else lots of students pass by, and you will get admiring attention.  I only ask that you not let the power go to your head and end up like John Mayer, with unappetizing tattoos all over and a string of jilted celebrity ex-girlfriends...)

Hehe I think the first and biggest female fans Eich will have will be his niece, sister and mum :3 first the family, then the world! Muahahahahaha! ;3

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2014, 05:57:11 PM »

I know that feeling, when you practice something a lot and then you actually see progress. It happened this year for me with my drawing. Suddenly I could draw realistic-ish 3d animals. It was awesome.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2014, 06:41:01 PM »
Hehe I think the first and biggest female fans Eich will have will be his niece, sister and mum :3 first the family, then the world! Muahahahahaha! ;3

That goes without saying.   :D  I just hope the ladies of the Eich family don't get *too* attached, or every evening, instead of doing the "smoldering poetic guitar-hero" thing at the Student Union, Eich will be stuck singing "All the Pretty Little Horses" to lull the baby to sleep.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2014, 06:50:30 PM »
That goes without saying.   :D  I just hope the ladies of the Eich family don't get *too* attached, or every evening, instead of doing the "smoldering poetic guitar-hero" thing at the Student Union, Eich will be stuck singing "All the Pretty Little Horses" to lull the baby to sleep.
Hhmmmm tough choice there, they're both incredibly awesome... Û__Û

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2014, 08:02:41 PM »
I know that feeling, when you practice something a lot and then you actually see progress. It happened this year for me with my drawing. Suddenly I could draw realistic-ish 3d animals. It was awesome.
Yep.  It only took me six years, haha.  Seriously gratifying.  Maybe it clicked because I've been wailing like a lunatic to my music while I drive, for the last year or two...  Hmm...  That might actually be it; I didn't know much about singing last time I tried it.  Well, I still don't, but I at least know some about it.  :)
You gonna post any of your stuff in the museum?  That thread needs some lovin'.

*Raises hand* I'm partial to the whole "hero-by-night" thing, personally. 
One of those is much more likely to happen than the other.  Literally everybody should be able to guess which one.  I'm happy doing either though.

Weekend's here, and I know what I'm doing for it, now.  :D
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2014, 08:58:07 PM »
*Raises hand* I'm partial to the whole "hero-by-night" thing, personally. 
One of those is much more likely to happen than the other.  Literally everybody should be able to guess which one.  I'm happy doing either though.

Weekend's here, and I know what I'm doing for it, now.  :D

You'll be sewing a musical super hero outfit...? ;3
Engineer student by day, but by night he's........*insert hero name here*!! *and also a guitar riff*

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2014, 03:30:04 AM »
So I came across this on tumblr quite a while ago, and thought it would do quite as well for Emil as for Hans. Beauuutiful~ *sparkles everywhere*

Also, Jónsi.

Edit: Whohoo, I managed to mix up BBC and HTML in a very silly manner. All fixed now. Hopefully.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:40:21 AM by Lenny »
Am notified of private messages via email.