Author Topic: Unified Roleplay (Everywhere)  (Read 42879 times)

Solokov

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Unified Roleplay (Everywhere)
« Reply #1680 on: October 24, 2017, 08:28:24 PM »
The enthralled German nodded, and exited the scout car, coming up to Mo quickly. :germany: "You'll be up front. Your senses are useful," she said flatly. "Come with me."

Arbet shrugged. "She won't be there in time. Not a problem. Tell her to stay clear, though. What I'm about to do is probably going to raise hell, and produce lethal amounts of radiation to boot."
He continued walking, still heading north. "They'll find me. Want to take me in, and try to find the crown. I'll put up enough of a fight in the taking they won't find it suspicious," he explained. "But I'll be in the midst of their camp either way. And then everything dies."

Spoiler: mage sight • show

A deceptively simple array manifests for an instant, half-formed and flickering.

Spoiler: ooc • show

My personal belief is either the cultists or the Empire grabbed them. Probably the cultists.

Not our characters, we can't just kill them off like that.

at least that's my opinion on the matter.

The spirit sat there for a few moments before speaking again. "How big is the camp? She could probably destroy it at range if you asked....the magic she remembers now can be used to devastating effect offensively....I had hoped she'd never remember it..."

Meanwhile, back at the camp.

Strelock sighed, shaking her head, while she didn't understand what cassandra had said, she knew it had been too short to effectively convey what she had said.

:denmark: "...explain why I want him to ride in the truck, and that it's me asking him to, not you telling him to get in the truck."

getting dragged off somewhere, be back later may edit this when I get back.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1681 on: October 24, 2017, 08:37:43 PM »

Not our characters, we can't just kill them off like that.

at least that's my opinion on the matter.

The spirit sat there for a few moments before speaking again. "How big is the camp? She could probably destroy it at range if you asked....the magic she remembers now can be used to devastating effect offensively....I had hoped she'd never remember it..."

"There'll be wards. Not against magic, per se, but against ranged attack in general. You'd have to be inside them to do anything. I know this Baron well enough- this is the only chance you'll get. Now go."

Fair enough.
Also, don't worry, Strelock will have plenty of chances to break out the biggatons.

Strelock sighed, shaking her head, while she didn't understand what cassandra had said, she knew it had been too short to effectively convey what she had said.

:denmark: "...explain why I want him to ride in the truck, and that it's me asking him to, not you telling him to get in the truck."

getting dragged off somewhere, be back later may edit this when I get back.

Cassandra blinked, then shrugged. :germany: "Sorry. You can see Imperial scouts, even when the Baron shrouded them. So She wants you up front, to keep an eye out."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17: :chap18:
Books: :book3:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Current avatar courtesy of Unlos, who is most best artist

I have a bad habit of editing forum responses if I think they're too short. Sorry.

Solokov

« Reply #1682 on: October 24, 2017, 11:05:12 PM »

Shadow gave arbet the approximation of a shrug.

"I'll lead her astray then. She'll hate us both for it. She doesn't handle losing people well...it makes her reckless.... Good hunting."

The spirit fox seemed to fade before vanishing altogether, though occasionally reappeared briefly as it padded away dancing from shady patch to shady patch through the ruined city.

I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Ragnarok

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1683 on: October 27, 2017, 08:07:12 PM »

Shadow gave arbet the approximation of a shrug.

"I'll lead her astray then. She'll hate us both for it. She doesn't handle losing people well...it makes her reckless.... Good hunting."

The spirit fox seemed to fade before vanishing altogether, though occasionally reappeared briefly as it padded away dancing from shady patch to shady patch through the ruined city.

Arbet nodded as the fox left, watching it go before continuing to the north.

It doesn't seem to take long before he can make out the first sentry, a man half-concealed against another rotted building. The cold gave the mercenary away- his breath might as well have been a signal flare. It also showed that the man was looking down the wrong street.
Arbet grinned, hefted his claymore, and charged, already setting up the arrays he needed as he ran.
His footfalls attracted attention, and the distracted sentry looked up, before shouting loudly and raising his rifle. A bullet pinged off one of Arbet's pauldrons, moments before the man was in reach and lost his head to the blade. The rest of the camp was just ahead, stirring, men running to and fro as they tried to react.
Arbet grinned even wider, and swung his blade in a horizontal arc. "Projicio."
And then all was flame.

I have a few things set in store for the team, if you don't mind me using them.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:12:39 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17: :chap18:

I have a bad habit of editing forum responses if I think they're too short. Sorry.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #1684 on: October 31, 2017, 05:45:54 PM »

I have a few things set in store for the team, if you don't mind me using them.

Go ahead. I'm sure the things you have in mind will be very *fun*  :P
I'll leave Strelock some time to do extra stuff if need be, if she still wants to travel with the main tank. Likewise if anyone wants another post or two before leaving

:norway: "Alright everyone, dillydallying time is over! Get into the tanks right now, we're leaving. Sofie, you're driving the main tank, I'll take a shooting position next to you. Move everyone, move!"

Gwenno looks worriedly in the direction of the reddening sky
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wales: :uk:
駄洒落だけ: :japan:
Tourist level: :spain: :france: :italy:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1685 on: October 31, 2017, 06:21:22 PM »
Madeline picks up her remaining belongings and quickly double-checks the lower level of her house for anything left behind. Finding nothing, she exits and rushes into the main tank. She sits down, staring sadly at her run-down shack. She felt the loss of a place she would likely never see again, as unsafe as it may be.
"Hope, now, is a tricky thing. A real double edged sword. It is the sole power that keeps mankind on it's feet. Heads up and at it. Even in time of crisis. An invaluable force of nature. But as hope can be true... it can also be false. We choose the way to go, but will the road set us free?"- Marko Saaresto
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :book3:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Ragnarok

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1686 on: November 05, 2017, 07:57:33 PM »
Spoiler: at the Regnum camp • show

Arbet hurled himself to the side, barely dodging as the chunk of metal speared through the air, the shock of it's passing nearly knocking him off his feet. He glared at the man who approached.
The man was unconcerned with the burning camp, with the screams of the dying and wounded. He strolled, and the flames parted in front of him. He wore full dress uniform, medals and pins and burnished copper a harsh contrast with the battered and nicked saber in one hand. A waxed mustache trimmed to neat points, a lined face with brown hair fading to grey at the temples, cropped under the officer's cap. That was what the mortal eye saw.

Arbet saw differently. He saw the countless arrays that surrounded the man, each gleaming in icy blue perfection. Wards. Force screens. Poison filters. Enhancements to speed and strength. Time dilation. Hundreds upon hundreds. Nothing he could hope to survive against, let alone match.

Arbet grinned anyway, and pointed his claymore in his one free hand at the man. :germany: "Harkonnen. Here to find more puppies to kick?"

The man's face creased in a frown, and he brought his sword down and to his side in a guarded position, ignoring how that one stroke carved a line into the ground without touching it. "Here to eliminate you, and that band of northern renegades you've found," the Baron replied coldly. "Then to retrieve our property. From your corpse, I hope. What did you think to gain by coming here? You've merely scattered our mortal mercenaries. They are of no consequence- I will hunt down your party myself."

I see, Circitor warned, a clockwork presence in the back of his mind. Together, then?

"What I hoped? Oh, just this. Corpus Adversae."

A simple array- a circle and a downward arrow- gleamed to light on the ground in front of Arbet.

Arbet savored the dawning look of horror on Harkonnen's face as the array completed.
A dozen micrograms of hydrogen ions suddenly found their charges reversed, while their masses remained identical, and promptly annihilated themselves against the surrounding matter, releasing an untold amount of energy.
For one-sixtieth of a second, a new sun flared into existence on the soil of Copenhagen.
Magical wards shattered like glass as the substances they were inscribed on were blasted to molecules. A few notes of gunfire chased the blast wave, odd little notes caught out of sequence with their occurrence inside the camp.

And, as one, Copenhagen, like a wounded giant, awoke.

Solokov

« Reply #1687 on: November 05, 2017, 10:29:48 PM »

In my defense I was waiting on clayres to post in response to Strelock's request before posting.

Also gonna assume that when an atomic blast rocks the city Gwenno is going to order immediate egress.

Also... band of northern renegades? The empire isn't aware of the Nordic council is it.

The scout paused, glass crunching beneath  her as she laid down across the floor, peering through the anti-material rifle's scope out what had once been a wide floor to ceiling window on the ruined tower she was in, possibly an old apartment building, oddly she'd found it emptied, having been recently gutted by fire possibly the work of the empire, possibly nature, glowering at empty space as she studied the camp through the rifle scope. Arbet had raised hell through it after cutting a swathe of fire and destruction through the camp and was confronting the captain.

"....what is your game here?"

While they were all but invisible, Strelock studied the odd magics shimmering in the air, true to what Shadow had admitted to her after realizing the spirit had led her astray on her hunt there were defenses in place that would have prevented her from outright sniping the commander from afar, given enough time she might have been able to inscribe  bullet  to counter the defenses.

Strelock shivered as she studied the arrays on the commander and the small array Arbet had created and looking on in shock and fear as the camp suddenly filled with light.

[later with the dust settled some]

Strelock took another look at the ruined camp half hoping Arbet had planned a way out from that, the entire city sounded like it had woken up.  We might have to evac across the bridge tonight....
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:53:46 AM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1688 on: November 11, 2017, 07:26:27 AM »

Go ahead. I'm sure the things you have in mind will be very *fun*  :P
I'll leave Strelock some time to do extra stuff if need be, if she still wants to travel with the main tank. Likewise if anyone wants another post or two before leaving

:norway: "Alright everyone, dillydallying time is over! Get into the tanks right now, we're leaving. Sofie, you're driving the main tank, I'll take a shooting position next to you. Move everyone, move!"

Gwenno looks worriedly in the direction of the reddening sky
"What about the others?" Sofie asks with a worried expression as she moves to the tank. She sits down, but turns to Gwenno before turning on the engine. "Are we picking them up somewhere else?"

Native: :sweden:
Fluent: :usa:
Can hold a conversation: :japan:
Completely forgotten: :spain:

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

WeirdnessUnfolds

« Reply #1689 on: November 28, 2017, 02:07:58 PM »
- Køge Bay, Öresund, 55.493414,12.452162  HMS Sundsvall -

:sweden: "What was that sound?"

The captain sounded calm, yet surprised as a loud, booming sound could be heard in the distance, even from inside the ship.  He had a very square-shaped face, along with a grey, short, messy beard. He looked like he had been on the sea his whole life, considering how weathered he looked. He had a name tag on his uniform that read "Fredrik Thörnqvist" Simon gave him a slightly worried look in response. He really didn't like being out at sea one bit, but he never really told anyone. It felt unsettling to know that a huge beast could just come and attack them at any time. The ones out here were even more fearsome than the ones on land, he thought as he scratched his light brown hair. He was happy he'd be a normal land cleanser once this mission was done. Being a radio operator was a boring job, why did he do all that stuff in training that he never got to use? :sweden: "We will continue to go toward the convoy starting point as intended. Simon, do you know how to fire artillery?" , Fredrik asked. "Yeah, uh, why?", Simon answered.  "The person responsible for that is puking his brains out. He'll be the radio operator from now on if he doesn't even have sea legs." Simon moved to the artillery position and looked at the display, trying to remember his training. It looked in surprisingly good shape for being from year 0, he thought as he moved the guns around a bit. "We're meeting up with the convoy soon, keep your eyes open.", Fredrik in the old captain uniform said, walking away from the bridge.   

The ship continued along its intended path, heading to where the evacuation convoy would start.

Native: :sweden:     Fluent : :uk: :sweden:  Comprehend fairly well, written and spoken :norway:  Comprehend fairly well, written: :denmark: :germany:

Ragnarok

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1690 on: November 29, 2017, 10:32:00 PM »
As the explosion ripples out, Cassandra nods, a firm expression on her face, before clambering into the scout car's drivers seat. :denmark: "We're going now! Everyone get on who doesn't want to be left!"
She waited just long enough for anyone who was going to get into the car to do so, before stomping on the accelerator and tearing down the street.

The golden wards protecting the church flicker and die away as the shockwave of the blast reaches them.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1691 on: December 05, 2017, 06:49:01 PM »
As the explosion ripples out, Cassandra nods, a firm expression on her face, before clambering into the scout car's drivers seat. :denmark: "We're going now! Everyone get on who doesn't want to be left!"
She waited just long enough for anyone who was going to get into the car to do so, before stomping on the accelerator and tearing down the street.

The golden wards protecting the church flicker and die away as the shockwave of the blast reaches them.

"I guess that means we leave now. Sofie says and frowns as she watches the other vehicle leave. She fumbles with the ignition before getting the tank running and then she hurriedly drives it out of the camp, trying to catch up.

Native: :sweden:
Fluent: :usa:
Can hold a conversation: :japan:
Completely forgotten: :spain:

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

WeirdnessUnfolds

« Reply #1692 on: December 07, 2017, 06:22:14 AM »
:sweden:  "Hold on...", Simon could hear the captain say and then say something to the driver, and the old ship started to turn around, changing it's course. He then turned toward him. "Change of orders, we're going to the bridge, the expedition is going to attempt to evacuate over it instead, and based on observations we got from the military base on our side, we're going to be needed.", he said and stepped out of the bridge, leaving Simon in the fairly silent environment of the bridge, well, except for the sound of the engine and over-strained ship computers.
Native: :sweden:     Fluent : :uk: :sweden:  Comprehend fairly well, written and spoken :norway:  Comprehend fairly well, written: :denmark: :germany:

Ragnarok

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1693 on: December 07, 2017, 10:04:06 AM »
He already knew which route the renegade convoy would take. It would be a simple matter of destroying it. The grenade launcher he carried would turn their vehicles into scrap, and kill anyone inside. They could search for the artifact in the wreckage. And thanks to the Baron's spell, they wouldn't see him coming. Hans grinned as he stepped out of the alleyway, training the launcher's sight on the rapidly approaching vehicle. Soon, Heinrich would be aveng-
whiirrrrr-thunk.
Hans's body slumped over, propped up by the glowing, red-hot blade of Arbet's claymore.

EDIT:

Inside the cat-tank, the radio crackled to life. :sweden: "Expedition crew, this is HMS Sundsvall. Please respond. Say again, expedition crew, this is HMS Sundsvall, please respond with evacuation status."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:39:40 AM by Ragnarok »

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #1694 on: December 10, 2017, 01:06:26 PM »
As the explosion ripples out, Cassandra nods, a firm expression on her face, before clambering into the scout car's driver's seat. :denmark: "We're going now! Everyone get on who doesn't want to be left!"

Gwenno grimly makes her way to her seat. There was nothing more to be gained from waiting.

"I guess that means we leave now. Sofie says and frowns as she watches the other vehicle leave. She fumbles with the ignition before getting the tank running and then she hurriedly drives it out of the camp, trying to catch up.
As the tank accelerated, Gwenno couldn't help but notice that there was only a thin sliver of light left on the road, and things appeared to be moving in the darker shadows.

He already knew which route the renegade convoy would take. It would be a simple matter of destroying it. The grenade launcher he carried would turn their vehicles into scrap, and kill anyone inside. They could search for the artifact in the wreckage. And thanks to the Baron's spell, they wouldn't see him coming. Hans grinned as he stepped out of the alleyway, training the launcher's sight on the rapidly approaching vehicle. Soon, Heinrich would be aveng-
whiirrrrr-thunk.
Hans's body slumped over, propped up by the glowing, red-hot blade of Arbet's claymore.

EDIT:

Inside the cat-tank, the radio crackled to life. :sweden: "Expedition crew, this is HMS Sundsvall. Please respond. Say again, expedition crew, this is HMS Sundsvall, please respond with evacuation status."

As the radio flickered into life, Gwenno was momentarily distracted from the tentacle they had just passed, and the creature she could see in the side mirror, trying to tail them, but not quite fast enough.

"s***!" She shouts and grabs for the transmitter "Expedition crew here. Both troll, and non-troll hostiles nearby. Attempting to reach airport and use it as a base to defend ourselves. Maybe two or three kilometers to the North of there now. Where are you? Over"

Another troll makes a grab at the tank, only to be run over.
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wales: :uk:
駄洒落だけ: :japan:
Tourist level: :spain: :france: :italy:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc