Author Topic: Forum issue while on Android device (SOLVED)  (Read 3780 times)

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
Forum issue while on Android device (SOLVED)
« on: July 18, 2015, 02:15:01 AM »
Yo! I didn't know where to stick this but here seems to be a good place.

I was wondering if anyone else has been having this issue while using an Android/mobile device?

-The forum randomly not loading. Like it times out but that's not the issue
  I have this happen regularly, and it lasts anywhere from an hour or two to several days, over multiple different internet connections. I can sometimes fix it by going to Google and searching for the forum, or buy exiting my browser. other times I just have to wait for it ti seemingly right it's self.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:00:32 PM by Feartheviolas »
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Forum issue while on Android device
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 08:08:49 AM »
I use android tablet to check forum, I saw there is a phone version mentioned,  well I didn’t see it yet, I use browser and it is on normal view, and no problem with it. (Well, on tablet phone versions sucks anyway)
I would try to use on my phone as well in phone version,  how to even get it?
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 08:26:19 AM »
I use android tablet to check forum, I saw there is a phone version mentioned,  well I didn’t see it yet, I use browser and it is on normal view, and no problem with it. (Well, on tablet phone versions sucks anyway)
I would try to use on my phone as well in phone version,  how to even get it?
The phone layout only appears when the screen gets too narrow for the regular layout (narrower than 640 pixels of width, to be precise), and that's usually not the case for a tablet held in landscape orientation. :)
You can actually try it out by putting the browser into windowed mode and making the window gradually narrower.
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 08:33:51 AM »
The phone layout only appears when the screen gets too narrow for the regular layout (narrower than 640 pixels of width, to be precise), and that's usually not the case for a tablet held in landscape orientation. :)
You can actually try it out by putting the browser into windowed mode and making the window gradually narrower.
oh, really, never mind me then, I always use my tablet in landscape orientation.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 05:30:33 AM »

I was wondering if anyone else has been having this issue while using an Android/mobile device?

I have this happen regularly, and it lasts anywhere from an hour or two to several days, over multiple different internet connections. I can sometimes fix it by going to Google and searching for the forum, or buy exiting my browser. other times I just have to wait for it ti seemingly right it's self.
THIS. I totally thought it was just me who is having this problem! I noticed that sometimes the forum times out, and when I try to open it in the book mark, it says the shortcut has timed out as well. So I have to open up a whole new Google search and type it in again to get a new and refreshed forum that I can continue using.

I don't know how we can fix this but it would be great if we could!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 08:04:38 PM »

THIS. I totally thought it was just me who is having this problem! I noticed that sometimes the forum times out, and when I try to open it in the book mark, it says the shortcut has timed out as well. So I have to open up a whole new Google search and type it in again to get a new and refreshed forum that I can continue using.

I don't know how we can fix this but it would be great if we could!

Are you still experiencing this problem?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help