Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76822 times)

Tap10lan

Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #360 on: June 10, 2015, 06:37:06 AM »
Sorry to switch back to the subject of Princess Mononoke, but it's one of my favorite movies! One of the first myazaki movies I've ever watched in fact. Actually, Totoro was the first, then Howls moving castle, then Mononoke. My friend introduced me to these movies about a year ago, the same friend I'm watching Clannad with. And Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.   :)
Mononoke Hime/Princess Mononoke is my favourite, too. It's the first Miyazaki film I ever saw, and it's marvelous.
Then comes Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and that's because I love the manga version. The manga is actually the first contact I had with Miyazaki's work. Since it's a manga, and not a stand-alone anime, he gets to tell a sprawling tale, full of fascinating details. Also, in the original US edition, an extra image was added, like a mini poster. It's like an hommage to Moebius/Jean Giraud (whose comics you all should read NOW ;D ), so that was a plus, too.
Foresty fanboy

Know it
:sweden: :uk: / :usa: (Mid-Atlantic ;D ) :germany:
Sort of
:finland: :croatia: (old)
Manage
:norway: :denmark:
Basically forgotten
:france:
Enjoy guessing
:italy:

:book1+: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7:

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #361 on: June 12, 2015, 04:55:40 AM »
The Wind Rises is fantastic. I was crying throughout the whole movie, because it's pretty much Miyazaki's farewell piece, and I kept remembering he's not going to make anymore movies...
I mean, I like other directors from studio Ghibli, but they're not Hayao Miyazaki.
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #362 on: June 16, 2015, 10:47:51 AM »
So a friend has been bugging me to watch the Plastic Nee-san (+Tic Elder Sister) adaption and I haven't read the manga. I know very little about this show besides a gif of someone getting their head smashed into a wall. Is it any good?

Very good, very funny.  Only about two minutes an episode, you can find the whole series as one video on youtube, I highly recommend watching it.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #363 on: July 04, 2015, 05:22:36 PM »
What do you get if you combine the best movie of the year and one of the best mangas/animes of all times? My new wallpaper.

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #364 on: July 04, 2015, 05:39:56 PM »
What do you get if you combine the best movie of the year and one of the best mangas/animes of all times? My new wallpaper.
I'm not a fan of One Piece, but that is really cool :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Olive3-3

• DeviantArt
« Reply #365 on: July 16, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »
yay! i just barely finished Noragami! i really hope they make a second season.
-Olive

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #366 on: July 27, 2015, 05:53:53 PM »
Sorry to necro this thread, but I was wondering if any of you can help me...

I know there are tons of websites where you can read manga online. But, does anyone know of one that lets you download chapters/volumes as PDF/other ebook formats? I have a tablet I like to use for reading on the bus and whatnot, so I'd like to fill up that time reading all  that manga I promised myself I'd re-read for years and never did... but I haven't had any luck finding anything I can just download and throw onto my tablet.

Thoughts? Is this totally silly?

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #367 on: July 27, 2015, 06:03:29 PM »
Sorry to necro this thread, but I was wondering if any of you can help me...

I know there are tons of websites where you can read manga online. But, does anyone know of one that lets you download chapters/volumes as PDF/other ebook formats? I have a tablet I like to use for reading on the bus and whatnot, so I'd like to fill up that time reading all  that manga I promised myself I'd re-read for years and never did... but I haven't had any luck finding anything I can just download and throw onto my tablet.

Thoughts? Is this totally silly?
There are sites that allow downloads of zip-folders with pages in image formats - but I guess that's not really useable with a tablet?

(By the way, necroing only applies to threads older than 120 days - or at least that's what the forum is configured to consider necroing)

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #368 on: July 27, 2015, 06:18:05 PM »
There are sites that allow downloads of zip-folders with pages in image formats - but I guess that's not really useable with a tablet?

(By the way, necroing only applies to threads older than 120 days - or at least that's what the forum is configured to consider necroing)
Yeah, that's all I've been able to find... I could concievably do that and then make PDFs by hand out of the images, but that seems like... a lot of work x_x

bread

« Reply #369 on: July 28, 2015, 04:43:21 AM »
Anybody heard of Kekkaishi? Anyone?
No? Ok, I'll sit in the corner then.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #370 on: July 28, 2015, 05:34:44 AM »
I actually read it a few months ago and liked it :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

bread

« Reply #371 on: July 28, 2015, 05:38:30 AM »
I actually read it a few months ago and liked it :)

YASS, someone who actually reads the same probably obscure manga/anime as me. ;D I actually don't know how known is Kekkaishi. Is it well known?

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #372 on: July 28, 2015, 06:23:13 AM »
YASS, someone who actually reads the same probably obscure manga/anime as me. ;D I actually don't know how known is Kekkaishi. Is it well known?
Haha, I read a lot of stuff so ;) I don't actually know. I'm pretty sure I found it through the forum of another manga (Ga-rei) or the other way around.

On another note; my bf just linked this anime with bishonen talking to you as you try to sleep XD
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:55:46 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »
I'll join you in the corner! I used to love Kekkaishi. There was a network that would play anime late at night, and I would stay up and watch it.
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Olive3-3

• DeviantArt
« Reply #374 on: August 02, 2015, 06:48:33 PM »
What's it about?
-Olive