Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76825 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »
You're welcome! Also, considering that you're already at, what, episode 15 or something I think it's safe to say that TTGL is amazing!

I still hate you for drawing me into this.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2015, 01:13:24 PM »
I still hate you for drawing me into this.
I can live with that C:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2015, 02:11:19 AM »
Has anybody listed Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun?
Because my friend just recommended it to me and...I'm dying...send help XD
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2015, 08:21:50 AM »
I have for a while toyed around with the idea of watching some "Attack on Titan" and just wondering do i need to know anything before plunging in the world of anime.

For note: I'm not unfamiliar to the darker places of internet, but subjecting myself to something like this for hours on end seems like something that could end badly so yeah.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
I have for a while toyed around with the idea of watching some "Attack on Titan" and just wondering do i need to know anything before plunging in the world of anime.

For note: I'm not unfamiliar to the darker places of internet, but subjecting myself to something like this for hours on end seems like something that could end badly so yeah.

AoT is great! Even though I don't consider it to be one of the representants of anime... I've seen much better. Still, it's a nice view. Be careful if you have a weak stomach, there are people being eaten alive.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2015, 08:33:43 AM »

AoT isn't like many other shows.  It's a little brutal here and there, but it's not nearly as gruesome as some other shows.  If you're going to watch something else afterward, just... be prepared for a lot of weird stuff.
Feel free to PM.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2015, 09:19:36 AM »

As others have said, while AoT is very good, it isn't the be all and end all of anime.  There is a lot of variety out there, so you can't really judge anime as whole by any single show.  Personally while I did really enjoy AoT I didn't feel much emotional involvement with the cast or story.  If you want something with more emotional resonance try Madoka Magicka or Angel Beats.  If you want more action try something like Black Lagoon.

Ultimately it all comes down to personal preference, I've seen a number of people on here raving about Gurren Lagaan, but I never really enjoyed it that much.  If you want to find something that you will like try looking around at different shows and seeing what description and genres they have.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2015, 09:40:51 AM »
With AoT knowing less might in fact be an advantage (as with Game of Thrones). It's become one of those essential series to watch and it isn't particularly long so why not go for it.

It's not the kind of series you watch with your grandma though (not that anyone watches anime with their grandma, bad example).

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2015, 10:53:48 AM »
Well thanks for the responses guys now i just need to find a time slot to watch the first season completely trough.  ;D.

In terms of watching it with my grandpa... Yeah i think i will just lock my door and prepare what ever nourishmend i may need and ignore my social life for the next sunday.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2015, 10:06:11 PM »
Has anybody listed Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun?
Because my friend just recommended it to me and...I'm dying...send help XD

I was going through the pages to see if anyone had recommended this yet! I was seriously crying from laughter while watching this XD If you finish the anime and want more the manga is still ongoing and have several subplots that didn't appear in the anime, though at least one of them is now being shown in the Gekkan SHoujo Nozaki-kun Special Episodes.

The rest of my recommendations have already been mentioned here, but I'll mention them again I guess ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Attack on Titan (read the manga!), Stein's Gate, Death Note, Code Geass, any Miyazaki film and Wolf's Rain. If you don't mind gore and a really dark setting I dare you to go and read Berserk. I recommend reading (not watching!) Ghost Hunt as well =)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2015, 10:11:32 PM »
I was going through the pages to see if anyone had recommended this yet! I was seriously crying from laughter while watching this XD If you finish the anime and want more the manga is still ongoing and have several subplots that didn't appear in the anime, though at least one of them is now being shown in the Gekkan SHoujo Nozaki-kun Special Episodes.

The rest of my recommendations have already been mentioned here, but I'll mention them again I guess ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Attack on Titan (read the manga!), Stein's Gate, Death Note, Code Geass, any Miyazaki film and Wolf's Rain. If you don't mind gore and a really dark setting I dare you to go and read Berserk. I recommend reading (not watching!) Ghost Hunt as well =)
Ahaha Ghost Hunt.....ahhhhhh.....*has experienced the watching* -___-

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2015, 10:18:53 PM »

I read Ghost Hunt and really liked it, so I decided to watch the anime with my boyfriend >.< We saw 3 or 4 episodes before deciding that it was a bad idea.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2015, 06:07:56 AM »

What's wrong with it? Now I'm genuinely curious.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2015, 06:22:03 AM »
What's wrong with it? Now I'm genuinely curious.
I dunno, like, it was interesting! But... I don't know... it was just a bit... not slow per se... but also coupled with me not having a lot of spare time and freedom to watch them -____-

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2015, 07:00:57 AM »
Currently part way through Ghost Hunt, have been for a while.  While I've found it to be a pretty good show, it is kind of slow and I just don't feel the desire to watch more.  Then again I have barely watched any anime for ages due to time constraints and other interests.