Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 75991 times)

Karaboudjan

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: He/they
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #525 on: December 02, 2020, 08:26:25 PM »
Hey broskis, just found this thread and was wondering, has anyone here read/watched dorohedoro? It’s one of my current hyperfixations and I would kill to meet another fan lol
I go by August/Cadillac either one works! Here for a good time not a long time
(I have pretty bad anxiety, I probably won’t reply to people! I don’t mean to be rude I’m just a bit nervous)

Bunnies amongst blossoms

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #526 on: December 19, 2020, 11:24:59 AM »
I'm afraid not, but I looked it up and I vaguely remember a youtuber called Super eyepatch wolf talking about it ages ago

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #527 on: January 09, 2021, 11:21:19 PM »
Does anybody know a good mind games anime? (Besides Code Geass and Death Note, but if you want to say something about one of those, sure, go ahead.)

ohnosir

« Reply #528 on: September 08, 2021, 10:32:35 PM »
^RanVor I second this.

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #529 on: March 18, 2022, 05:18:08 PM »
Felt like reminding people that this is now less than a month away (even if part of me doesn't want to think about the state of a certain something by then too hard):

Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #530 on: April 05, 2022, 09:39:06 AM »
Okay, so apparently, my ever-helpful brain has decided that there's been too much happiness in my life lately, and it's pressuring me to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion to remedy that. Any advice on how to avoid getting scarred for life (besides not watching, my brain is way too persistent)?

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #531 on: April 06, 2022, 03:06:12 AM »
Okay, so apparently, my ever-helpful brain has decided that there's been too much happiness in my life lately, and it's pressuring me to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion to remedy that. Any advice on how to avoid getting scarred for life (besides not watching, my brain is way too persistent)?

I recommend Cowboy Bebop as a compromise - still human and a little tragic, but it has all the emotions instead of one! So it should leave you with happiness as well as some ouch. Super fun series.

Otherwise if you want mindbending but not exactly sad, Shiki. (This one will likely stick with you forever. And definitely look up a description before starting, there's some messed up stuff in there - the reason I'm putting it here is because since it's from multiple points of view you're less attached to a single character and more to the overall story, so for me personally it was less scarring and more "I will remember this forever".)

And if you want more slice of life ouch but also happy, March comes in like a lion.

And for overall a good time (but with great stakes and some ouch), Summer Wars! Sadly it's a movie so it's a one and done, otherwise it would be my first recommendation.

If I misunderstood and you want tips for rewatching NGE without scarring instead, oof. Remember that you're not required to finish, you're not required to sit through everything (fast forwarding is a-ok!), and just going to and watching the bits you remember is also fine. Compilations or scenes from it on YouTube might be a compromise your brain might accept. Good luck! :'>

(Oh, and as a bonus for your previous mind-games anime request: Monster would probably fit that bill, though fair warning, I couldn't get through the first episode because it was a bit too triggering what with misuse of power to gain clout in a horribly real way. Shiki, btw, would fit the mind-games request, too.)
Am notified of private messages via email.

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #532 on: April 07, 2022, 11:53:18 AM »
I recommend Cowboy Bebop as a compromise - still human and a little tragic, but it has all the emotions instead of one!
Oh, but Evangelion has more than one emotion! True, it's mostly despair, but that's not the only feeling! There's also dread, revulsion, anger... ;)

In all seriousness, though, Cowboy Bebop doesn't sound like something I'd be able to get into easily. I prefer my shows to at least start plot-driven, to give me something to latch onto before I get used to the characters. I'm not saying it's bad, just not necessarily my cup of tea.

I've been meaning to give Monster a shot, and I don't get triggered easily, so I'll certainly watch it at some point. Not right now, though.