Author Topic: Personal Dreamworld  (Read 25989 times)

Koeshi

• Scout
Re: Personal Dreamworld
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 05:22:27 AM »
That!! Or An endless Library in Persian style under the water ... with no people. Perhaps for the matter a rainforest with no people. Basically desolate places with no homo sapience.

Well I took the no people part for granted :)  Not a rainforest though, too wet and sticky.

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 05:33:56 AM »
My dreamworld would probably look like my "home forest" aka the forest we live by. Perhaps with a lake added to it. And I'd have flet in some huge tree like the elves of Lórien on which I could sleep.

Though I love reading I don't think my dreamworld would include books. The dreamworld is after all about things inside one's head, there's no need for any information to be written down outside it.
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

Tazzie

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 06:02:34 AM »
My dreamworld, would most likely be a field of poppies, with small, purple flowers surrounded by mountains. With a small, rocky, shallow stream running thought it.
The trees on the mountains and that are scattered about the valley, are different types of eucalyptus and sparse bushes.

A lot of birds around with, a medium herd of Red Deer.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 07:29:47 AM »
It's really interesting to see what kind of a shape everyone's dreamworlds would take! I think it says a lot about the person too how they choose theirs.

When I started to think of what mine would look like one scene popped in my mind immediately: a rocky hill with a lake down below and small pines. Sunlight and the scent of warm rocks, heather flowers and dry lichen. A chance of very relaxed adders so stomp a bit as you walk. That last part made me realize why this particular scene would be it - my dreamworld safe area is where I spent my childhood summers. I don't have any photos of that place but here's an idea of how it looks like:

Source.

Source.

Source.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 07:41:42 AM »

A bit less gloomy would suit me perfectly. Peace and quiet only the wind wawing the leafs around and playing its tricks and perhaps a few friendly wolf buddies to safe guard against hostile intrusion.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 07:45:04 AM »
Something like this, but a little less swampy.

http://hdnatur.com/images/db_img6/forest-lake-landscaping-hd-pictures-4.jpg

[IMG] tag doesn't seem to be working, so I'll have to make do.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 07:46:57 AM »
Something like this, but a little less swampy.

http://hdnatur.com/images/db_img6/forest-lake-landscaping-hd-pictures-4.jpg

[IMG] tag doesn't seem to be working, so I'll have to make do.

Truly? Try copying this and just removing the dots [img width=300.][/img.]

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 07:51:10 AM »
Deciding is hard. I think it would be an amalgamation including elements from some Norwegian natural landscapes I think are particularly aesthetic.

The North

The Western Highlands

Kelp forests

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 09:13:57 AM »
As much as I would pine for a pretty european dreamspace, I'd probably get something like these:

or, slightly closer to my house:

or, next to my house...something like a dream version of my actual escape hideout

Hmmmm super tough... But maybe the old orchard idea actually...arghhh it's too hard to choose!
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 09:51:58 AM »

This place. I would go there to look at the sky, watch for raptors, listen to the wind and maybe dip my toes in the water if the weather allowed (it's freezing, so I've only bathed there once). It's been years since I was there last but I was there quite a lot when I was growing up, when my parents were hiking (loong day-trip-hikes of walking and walking for 6-8-10 hours per day - I kind of miss having someone dragging me out on those trips) in the mountains.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 09:54:53 AM »

Hmmmm super tough... But maybe the old orchard idea actually...arghhh it's too hard to choose!

Of course there would have to be apples in your dreamscape one way or another :P

(Also happy birthday)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 09:58:06 AM »
My dreamworld would include several stages out of this book which is one of my favorites still.

In images spoken:

It would include some nice upperworld woods, to take a stroll in from time to time, but dreamwalking in a world of books and booklings being able to open and read a bit of this and then of that might be fun.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 10:05:04 AM »
I'm a bit of a river rat.

Hot summers... perpetually cool water... rolling hills... wildflower season https://hillcountryimages.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/wildflower_mix_fencelinetx.jpg?w=672&h=372&crop=1 year-round... grasshoppers and cicadas... minnows and perch and the occasional cat and bass... No chiggers though. No mosquitoes or fire-ants. And DEFINITELY no moccasins.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2015, 10:14:11 AM »
It's really interesting to see what kind of a shape everyone's dreamworlds would take! I think it says a lot about the person too how they choose theirs.

Perhaps it does, but what exactly does it say?

Ooh, rocky woodlands bordering a lake, I like.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 10:24:14 AM »
Of course there would have to be apples in your dreamscape one way or another :P

(Also happy birthday)
Of course, Fim U__U
Maybe I could wake up/sleep in an apple crate XD Oh no...noooooo haha
(and thanks :3)
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16: