Author Topic: Personal Dreamworld  (Read 25615 times)

Maeve anBanríon Chonnacht

• Super-Newbie
Personal Dreamworld
« on: May 29, 2015, 01:45:44 AM »
If you had your own personal Dreamworld how frequently would you visit, and what would it look like?
Mine is a library in a forest and has internet connection.

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
Re: Personal Dreamworld
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 02:28:37 AM »
This is a really cool subject!

Let's see...it's really hard to choose just one type of setting, so I think mine would be really big with different regions to it. Though it would mostly be foresty and a river is a must! The places I'd visit the most, and often, would look similar to these, which also is similar to one of the countries in my original universe:

Source: http://fav.me/d2tvyo9

Source: http://fav.me/d73eg4a
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 02:52:29 AM »
Hmmm, that's a tough one. Somewhere resembling the Atlantic coast, probably, but less windy. And if possible it would also be within walking distance of the mountains (like, the Appalachian mountains)... and there will be dogs. An abundance of dogs. Internet connection would be nice but maybe not necessary.
I'd try to visit as often as I could; it might convince me to go to sleep earlier :D (it may or may not be 3 AM right now)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:03:30 AM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 02:58:51 AM »
The back yard of my grandparents' house in Pebble Beach, on a sunny afternoon after the fog's blown off.  We had to sell the house about seven years and I still find myself going back there in dreams (though even then I'm somehow aware that I'm trespassing  :(). 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:08:09 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 03:34:35 AM »
It depends on big it is :P

There's a small mountain where I've spent a lot of my summers that probably would be it:

The small hut would totally have a library in it ^^

With this kind of forest:

I'd go there all the time :P

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 03:46:35 AM »
Well my dreamscape would be warm and sunny, with a few clouds in the sky to provide occasional shade. It would probably look something like this.

I feel happiest in these kind of places. Soft grass to walk around barefoot in and take naps, boulders to hop around on (and take naps on), trees to climb in (aaaannd take naps on), and a nice slow moving river to wade in and skip rocks on. It'd be quiet, with nothing but the sounds of  nature. Some goats hopping around on said boulders would be pure bliss!

I've done quite a bit of roadtripping across america with my family, so I can safely say I've seen just about every climate there is. These kind of places are always the ones that speak most to me. I love that ethereal sense of a dreamlike state that always falls on me whenever I explore a new hidden alcove of nature by myself: I lose track of time, and of myself. So if every time I went to my dreamscape it was a little different, I would love that....

Whoop, this turned into quite a little speal didn't it? Now I want to nap on some grass (^v^) zzZz
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:53:49 AM by Trinka »
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 03:52:37 AM »
With this kind of forest:

I'd go there all the time :P

Aqua, that little glen in the woods is so dreamy, I love it! It's like this little grassy rug covered in rocks someone rolled out in the middle of the forest and forgot to pick up when they left °o° <3 <3 <3
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 03:53:26 AM »
I think mine would have to be a little farm with chickens, cows, and a horse. It would vary between the chill of a foggy morning, perfect afternoon sunlight, and a warm starry night, depending on my mood. There would be a plot of various fresh veggies and a strawberry patch. The house would have a sun room, a comfy chair and some books, and a great view out the kitchen window overlooking a flowerbed. Nearby would be a modest patch of forest with a stream and a hidden tree house. Somewhere there would be a swing.
I'm sighing just thinking about it.

Maybe something like this
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 04:01:22 AM »
Aqua, that little glen in the woods is so dreamy, I love it! It's like this little grassy rug covered in rocks someone rolled out in the middle of the forest and forgot to pick up when they left °o° <3 <3 <3
I used to live right by a forest like this when I lived with my parents! Then the land owners decided it was time to cut down the trees in the part near our house :,( I loved that place <3

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

SeaAngel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 04:15:00 AM »
Such a nice thread! :D
That would be the "forest" (I put quotation marks because in reality it was tiny, but at the time we called it a forest) of my primary school (minus all the other kiddies - I would find them tiring). Unfortunately I don't have any pictures :( but it was somelike like this:

Think of various Mediterranean trees, pines, eucalyptus, almond trees, sparsely spaced, sunny... With rocks and creeks and various special little things... It was not big or impressive (heck, in reallity it wasn't even a "forest", more like a "large stand of trees") and it wasn't even my favorite type of forest (I do love the alpine type), but it was the one place which I have explored till I learnt its every nook and cranny by heart, discovered its every secret, and feel completely at home... <3
And I still miss it :-/
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:36:29 AM by SeaAngel »
Fluent:
OK:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 04:15:30 AM »
I used to live right by a forest like this when I lived with my parents! Then the land owners decided it was time to cut down the trees in the part near our house :,( I loved that place <3
Maybe my love of grassy-watery-rocky-treeey places stems from from my childhood. The park closest to my house (that we all called "The Green Belt", because it was a long swath of grass cutting through suburbia) had a waterway for rain-runnoff going right through it. You had to go down a steep hill from the playground to get to the water, but I always loved to play there with my siblings and kids in the neighborhood. We'd feed ducks that lived there, race leaf boats on the water, dare each other to hop from one side to the other, and gross each other out by poking pond sludge. I could see the park from my backyard if I peeked over the fence. Those were such good memories, getting a little teary eyed... :)

BarbaryLion22

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 04:26:27 AM »
My dreamscape would probably resemble the terrain around my grandparent's house, like Sunflower

This is pretty much it, except there's a small hill next to my grandparent's house, and a stream running through the property. And there're 3 more visible mountains, but you can't see them because the camera is at the wrong angle.
fluent :usa:
Decent :japan:
some :spain: hawaiian
barely at all :italy: :germany: :france:
Have Survived :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 04:35:53 AM »
I've already tried to draw my dreamworld
Spoiler: show

but since I have no clue how to really draw backgrounds and landscapes, I'll try to describe it a little better anyway. since I drew it for my magesona that hails from Hitra, I tried to base it on what it looks like there:

honestly I'm glad I restricted myself to this, because 1) it is one of my favourite type of landscapes, and 2) i would never be able to decide otherwise. I would love to have SO MANY THINGS as my dreamscape, like deep mossy forest, or a swamp, or something mountainy, or a huge open landscape...
The favourite places I've been to are Iceland, Ireland, Scotland, Finnmark, and similar; so it would be a mix-and-match of various landscape from there, AKA a huge mess.

the most important thing about my dreamworld is that the sky is always dramatic and has really cool clouds and colours.

I'm also accusing Onni of stealing my colour scheme.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:39:59 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 05:06:47 AM »
Probably somewhere urban that was being reclaimed by nature.  So basically Pripyat without the radiation.

Or Mediterranean woodlands, hot and dry with stunted trees.

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 05:18:58 AM »
Probably somewhere urban that was being reclaimed by nature.

That!! Or An endless Library in Persian style under the water ... with no people. Perhaps for the matter a rainforest with no people. Basically desolate places with no homo sapience.