General > Language Board

WordNerding

(1/35) > >>

SugaAndSpice:
I know this isn't the most interesting of threads, buuuuuuut, I happen to be a Word-Nerd. So! Let us start with some of our favorite underused words. My personal favorites are:

Underutilized
Discombobulated
Anomily
Octagonapus

Ha, that last one was a joke. I think everyone probably guessed.

tabeabd:
Do non-English words count? My favorite German words are ausgezeichnet and Eichhörnchen. :D

SugaAndSpice:
Translate, please? I speak only English, un poquito de Español, y un poquito to de Greek. It's sad how much Greek I have forgotten in two years.

Adrai Thell:
Not an answer, Willowham, but...

I love the word octothorpe. Seriously, best ever.

And of course there's the stupidly long word with no real need to exist, antidisestablishmentarianism. Favorite of a friend who tried to impress everyone by rattling it off in conversation every once in a while, without it pertaining to the sentence in any way...

tabeabd:

--- Quote from: Willowham on April 12, 2015, 10:52:34 PM ---Translate, please? I speak only English, un poquito de Español, y un poquito to de Greek. It's sad how much Greek I have forgotten in two years.

--- End quote ---

Greek? That's so cool!!
Anyway-
Ausgezeichnet: Excellent
Eichhörnchen: Squirrel

Oh oh, and my favorite Lithuanian word so far is the word for thank you. A?i?. Which keeps not showing up correctly on my screen for some reason.

--- Quote from: Adrai Thell on April 12, 2015, 10:55:55 PM ---I love the word octothorpe. Seriously, best ever.

--- End quote ---

YES.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version