Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 395249 times)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
The Forum's Art Museum
« on: September 03, 2014, 05:50:17 PM »
Considering that fanart threads are inevitably going to be arriving soon, I thought it would be good for us to have a general art thread as well.  This will be the place for art that's not necessarily related to SSSS or aRTD, so feel free to post practice work, sketches, paintings, or whatever else you can come up with.
Feel free to PM.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:23:14 PM »
Here's a picture of early Cleansers in action, though it's not fanart -- it was painted in 1893 by Finnish artist Eero Järnefelt (a good friend of composer Jean Sibelius and painter Akseli Gallen-Kallela, who made creepily intense illustrations of Kalevala scenes).

This painting has two titles:  "Burning the Brushwood" (before planting) or "Under the Yoke."  I'm told the little girl staring at us has a belly bloated with starvation. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:45:34 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 11:56:14 PM »
Okay, so, as per a conversation I had with OrigamiOwl, it's sketch time.  Been a long time since I've done any artwork; the last two semesters of school kicked my butt and kept me from doing much of it.  The first one is general body stuff, and the second one is hand practice.  I don't even bother with feet and faces because I've never really practiced them much, and I take this stuff pretty slowly, though feet are next on my list of things to learn.  I tried something different with the hand page.  I tried making my sketches form something like a composition, so I could practice that at the same time.  I think I'm going to try that out a little more in the future.

Feet and Faces are hard and I cba
Hands!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:04:40 AM by Eich »
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 12:14:06 AM »
ASDFGHJKL! So cool! The hands are awesome!! *is jealous of Eich's hand-drawing and shading skills because shadows are tricky tricksters*
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 12:53:49 AM »
Thanks!  I've still got a long way to go though.  This is actually the first time I've gotten cross hatching to work out at all.  Normally it ends up looking pretty abysmal.  I think I got the top hand pretty well, and a couple others okay, though, so I'm happy with it. 
Now I just need to finish learning the rest of the body...  Maybe after some more review.

To everyone, feel free to post any school artwork or practice or whatever else in here if you want. 
Feel free to PM.

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »
Ah, drawing. AKA what happens when you try teaching me about Darwin in philosophy. (They didn't say a word I didn't already know)

Here

Edit: Trying to figure out how pictures work.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 01:40:02 PM by ThisCat »
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 04:28:17 PM »
Ooh, I like that little merfolk. And those birds; birds are hard.
Also, nice frowny face in the middle of the notes, haha.  My freshman year notes were a lot like that. Physics and philosophy, in particular, fueled a lot of doodles.
Feel free to PM.

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »
Ooh, I like that little merfolk. And those birds; birds are hard.
Also, nice frowny face in the middle of the notes, haha.  My freshman year notes were a lot like that. Physics and philosophy, in particular, fueled a lot of doodles.

Birds are hard, but about 90% of what I draw (that isn't random curly lines) is birds so...

The frowny face is drawn after "social darwinism". That deserves a frowny face. And, yes, you will find a lot of weird doodles in my notebooks.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 09:10:17 PM »
I usually draw big, sparkly eyes in my notebooks, or random chibis of either me or the little people running around my head trying to conquer various countries that also exist only in my head.

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 09:59:10 AM »
I usually draw big, sparkly eyes in my notebooks, or random chibis of either me or the little people running around my head trying to conquer various countries that also exist only in my head.

I usually draw random faces. Or strange creatures and patterns/ symbols and lots of knives. AKA no I cannot share my notes with you.

Done while listening to a speech that actually wasn't boring, but I needed something to do with my hands at the time.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 10:02:25 AM »
Ooh! They're nice mithrysc! I like the little creature :)
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
Feel free to PM.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 08:40:26 PM »
Don't mind me, just showcasing my lacking understanding of human anatomy:

Old Dungeons and Dragons characters, dated August 2012

I really like the patterns on her sword sheath. And the bright green fluffy tabard overgarment thing.

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 08:48:32 PM »

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89