Author Topic: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club  (Read 81587 times)

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club
« Reply #450 on: October 30, 2015, 03:22:53 AM »
So I'm not sure if I've gotten it quite right, but I think I've mostly figured out the granny square Helia made? Mine don't look as crisp, but it gets the general idea. I think these are going to become a scarf or something; I have to get some yarn in the right colors before I make anything more ambitious.

You figured it out well (only added an extra row).
As Auleliel wrote, it will be more square after blocking, and/or if you put them together.
But I feel totally ashamed, because I actually draw a little chart for you, but forgot post it. Sorry...

A bit late, but here it is:
Spoiler: show
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #451 on: October 30, 2015, 04:51:33 AM »
As Auleliel wrote, it will be more square after blocking, and/or if you put them together.
But I feel totally ashamed, because I actually draw a little chart for you, but forgot post it. Sorry...

Thanks for the pattern!
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #452 on: October 30, 2015, 05:44:35 AM »
So I'm not sure if I've gotten it quite right, but I think I've mostly figured out the granny square Helia made? Mine don't look as crisp, but it gets the general idea. I think these are going to become a scarf or something; I have to get some yarn in the right colors before I make anything more ambitious.

They are so nice!

Helia, thanks for the pattern!
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #453 on: October 30, 2015, 12:34:33 PM »
These are so, so cute! I love the idea of making a scarf out of them, that'll be the awesomest scarf ever.
I will be sure to post pictures!

Oh, don't feel bad! It gave me something to puzzle out and I'm excited to see I got so much of it right! The chart is actually really helpful too because I sort of had to combine what I could figure out with some "turning a circle into a square" tutorials that had different numbers of stitches. I will try some the way you did them and see which I like better before I start on a blanket. :)

They are so nice!

Helia, thanks for the pattern!
Thank you!
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #454 on: November 06, 2015, 08:29:26 PM »
Can anyone help me either sending me pattern or create me one or help me hoe to even make one??

I "ordered" a sweater like Sigurn has (this will be my christmas present made by my mother (last year i got this)),
and now I need to make a pattern for it, but I do not have any idea how to even start, please anyone help me!
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #455 on: November 07, 2015, 03:52:41 AM »
Can anyone help me either sending me pattern or create me one or help me hoe to even make one??

Augh, this reminds me I should eyeball the pattern I created for my Sigrun sweater, I've totally forgotten it! That said, for Sigrun's sweater you can use almost any suitable type of a Norwegian sweater and just add the decorative pattern on it - Ravelry is a great source for free, basic patterns! I've also used this sweater pattern generator, you can use it for drawing the decorative parts and viewing how they'd look like on a finished sweater.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #456 on: November 07, 2015, 06:49:14 AM »

I "ordered" a sweater like Sigurn has (this will be my christmas present made by my mother (last year i got this)),
and now I need to make a pattern for it, but I do not have any idea how to even start, please anyone help me!

Ravelry is a good source, but you need to register to be able to browse the patterns.
I recommend Drops design - they publish loads of free patterns, and since it's a Norwegian company, there's a whole section for Norwegian patterns.
And many of them are available in Hungarian too!

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #457 on: November 07, 2015, 10:12:13 AM »
Augh, this reminds me I should eyeball the pattern I created for my Sigrun sweater, I've totally forgotten it! That said, for Sigrun's sweater you can use almost any suitable type of a Norwegian sweater and just add the decorative pattern on it - Ravelry is a great source for free, basic patterns! I've also used this sweater pattern generator, you can use it for drawing the decorative parts and viewing how they'd look like on a finished sweater.

Ravelry is a good source, but you need to register to be able to browse the patterns.
I recommend Drops design - they publish loads of free patterns, and since it's a Norwegian company, there's a whole section for Norwegian patterns.
And many of them are available in Hungarian too!

Thank you for the help!
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

LordoftheThings

• Tumblr
  • what's a "forum"? can I eat it?
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #458 on: December 04, 2015, 01:08:31 AM »
Ahh so much cool stuff here
Decided to pop in since I'm finally getting back into knitting again after a really long hiatus
I've gotta re-learn how to do everything tho, but here's hoping I start improving again soon
Native: :usa:
Know a Little: :france:
Need to work on learning: :iceland:
I have the rosetta stone why Don't I know this: :netherlands:

Over the Hills and Faraway
For ten long years he'll count the days
Over the mountains, and the seas
A prisoners life for him there'll be

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #459 on: December 04, 2015, 07:32:12 AM »
Ahh so much cool stuff here
Decided to pop in since I'm finally getting back into knitting again after a really long hiatus
I've gotta re-learn how to do everything tho, but here's hoping I start improving again soon

Good luck! If you need any help, let us know! There are some good websites out there that can help with videos and such.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

LordoftheThings

• Tumblr
« Reply #460 on: December 04, 2015, 10:24:22 PM »
Good luck! If you need any help, let us know! There are some good websites out there that can help with videos and such.
Thanks~ I looked up some basics to refresh myself and I'm back to making a scarf to my friend (that I promised her almost a year ago...) to vent some of my 'waiting for the book' jitters
I forgot how satisfying knitting was

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #461 on: December 04, 2015, 11:19:04 PM »
Thanks~ I looked up some basics to refresh myself and I'm back to making a scarf to my friend (that I promised her almost a year ago...) to vent some of my 'waiting for the book' jitters

It is!

* starfallz remembers her own scarf that has been on the needles for over a year as well
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #462 on: December 06, 2015, 06:00:34 AM »
Not me, but I was too busy these last weeks, and even if it's not an SSSS scarf I hope I'll start to knit again very very soon. (Today ? Today is still busy. Tomorrow ?) :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #463 on: December 06, 2015, 06:57:00 AM »
Used to knit a lot, but less in recent years. Knitting a sweater takes months now, because my hands get sore. But I still enjoy it!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

LordoftheThings

• Tumblr
« Reply #464 on: December 06, 2015, 07:44:51 PM »
Aaah itys grey and nippy and perfect knitting weather. I might put some more inches on this scarf (I got over a foot done while waiting for the book too) and then get to writing because I've fallen behind on a fic I was doing...

Might post a pic of it if anyone's interested even though its not even remotely ssss related.
And if I can find my phone