Author Topic: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club  (Read 81586 times)

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
Re: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2015, 04:46:13 AM »
So, this is what I got so far:

This I plan as the centerpiece. The fabric is hand-dyed cotton. It is paper-pieced. Now I´m working at converting pictures of the crew in a pattern. This is the first:

I´m still working on it and I think I must dye some cotton to get all the different shades I want. But first I must persuade the program to save my work on the templates... I made them already at least four times and it doesn´t want to save them... *argh*
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2015, 06:25:32 AM »

Sssoo I was battling with myself over whether to post about this project or not because let's face it, I'm probably borderlining an obsession OR I'm just a really embarrassing fangirl, but anyway. Here's a work-in-process pic on what I've been knitting after the Braidypeysa.  :-[

I'm using much thinner yarn this time, Léttlopi (the itchiness should be accurate to canon).
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2015, 08:03:22 AM »
Sssoo I was battling with myself over whether to post about this project or not because let's face it, I'm probably borderlining an obsession OR I'm just a really embarrassing fangirl, but anyway. Here's a work-in-process pic on what I've been knitting after the Braidypeysa.  :-[

I'm using much thinner yarn this time, Léttlopi (the itchiness should be accurate to canon).

It's okay, we're all obsessed here. :P

Also, can I just say you are amazingly skilled?

This I plan as the centerpiece. The fabric is hand-dyed cotton. It is paper-pieced. Now I´m working at converting pictures of the crew in a pattern. This is the first:

I´m still working on it and I think I must dye some cotton to get all the different shades I want. But first I must persuade the program to save my work on the templates... I made them already at least four times and it doesn´t want to save them... *argh*

I can't wait to see the Lalli/ rest of the crew!

Unfortunately sewing machines never liked me either. *is forever scarred by first and probably last machine-quilting attempt*

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2015, 11:09:27 AM »

Holy.... WOW! Are you making the pattern as you go along or did you find something online?
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2015, 11:49:44 AM »
mithrysc: good, I guess I don't have to hold back then. :D Thank you!

starfallz: I make them myself as I go, but it's not quite as impressive as it sounds like. I've knitted so many sweaters that making them kind of gets in the system, so I know already what changes in the pattern make what shaped sweater in which size. The colourwork is easily drawn, all you need is a grid. :)

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2015, 11:58:54 AM »
Cool. I've knit a bunch of sweaters, but mostly in the round. I think I've only done one that was all assembled like that. Of course, I've not done any colorwork sweaters. SSSS has me wanting to take on a lopapeysa for my next one though.... 

My colorwork mostly is mittens and hats.
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

mamioja

• Just another labrat
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2015, 09:54:18 PM »

That is amazing! Love, love, love it!

I`m working at SSSS-quilt project, too. My star is partly paper foundation pieced and not quite ready yet, but here is a peak with the blue (possible) back of the quilt (and the cat, who approved the work). There will be something besides the star in front, but not sure what yet (first rule perhaps). My work tends to evolve along the way (like the quiltwork, that is my avatar)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:33:05 AM by mamioja »
When life gives you scraps make a quilt

survival :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:

Fluent in :finland: :uk:
Can get by :sweden:
Lost in time :germany:  :france:  :spain:  :russia:

Lived in :canada: :finland: :australia:

Ruby

• Sparkly, shiny, easily distract--OOH LOOK!
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2015, 10:34:23 PM »

*Gasp!* Is it the Siggy Sweater? I love it!

Also, we must all bow down to your amazing knitting skillage. I am seriously wowed. :D
"My cat ate my PDF file!" -Minna Sundberg

Native: :usa:
Questionable proficiency: :usa:
Passable w/ open dictionary nearby: :vaticancity:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2015, 03:13:47 AM »

Amazing! You are quite talented.

If anyone can convert this to a crochet pattern I will be eternally grateful.
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2015, 05:19:06 AM »
Cool. I've knit a bunch of sweaters, but mostly in the round. I think I've only done one that was all assembled like that. Of course, I've not done any colorwork sweaters. SSSS has me wanting to take on a lopapeysa for my next one though.... 

My colorwork mostly is mittens and hats.

Lopapeysa are fun to knit, especially if you knit them in the round. If I was brave enough to try steeking I'd knit even cardigans that way but so far the mere thought is just way too scary. :D

There's a tool for designing lopapeysa here. I'm not sure of how it works but so far people seem happy with it (English instructions are available).

*Gasp!* Is it the Siggy Sweater? I love it!

Also, we must all bow down to your amazing knitting skillage. I am seriously wowed. :D

Yes indeed it is! Thank you, and no need to bow since it's actually more of a - well, habit. I was taught to knit as a small kid and I liked it so it stuck on.  :)

Amazing! You are quite talented.

If anyone can convert this to a crochet pattern I will be eternally grateful.

Thank you! Crocheting is something I never really got the hang of, not properly... I mean I know the basics but that's all I can do, the basics. Plus my hand is horrible, uneven and occasionally way too tight.  :-[ I'd be really interested in seeing this sweater as a crochet pattern too though making one is sadly far beyond my skills.

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2015, 10:02:14 AM »
Lopapeysa are fun to knit, especially if you knit them in the round. If I was brave enough to try steeking I'd knit even cardigans that way but so far the mere thought is just way too scary. :D

There's a tool for designing lopapeysa here. I'm not sure of how it works but so far people seem happy with it (English instructions are available).

Ooh! Thank you! That looks awesome. Now if I could afford some Lopi... and finish the cardigan I've been working on so I wouldn't feel guilty....

Aprillen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Grade D Human
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2015, 08:26:51 AM »
Maybe we should rename the topic to "Textile Crafters' Club"?
Or perhaps,
"Fiber Wranglers' Association"?
:)
Native language: :se: Fluent in: :gb: Can fake it in: :no:  :dk: Very badly: :fr: :es:

Chapter break survivor:
:artd:

:book1+:
:book2:
:book3:
:book4:
:A2chap01:

Aprillen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Grade D Human
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2015, 09:41:47 AM »
Damn, am I going to have to cave in and install Silverlight? D:

Also, everyone's work here is so amazing, not least yours! I'm constantly being blown away.
Native language: :se: Fluent in: :gb: Can fake it in: :no:  :dk: Very badly: :fr: :es:

Chapter break survivor:
:artd:

:book1+:
:book2:
:book3:
:book4:
:A2chap01:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2015, 11:17:03 AM »
Maybe we should rename the topic to "Textile Crafters' Club"?
Or perhaps,
"Fiber Wranglers' Association"?
:)
I would rename it, but after those posts were added from other threads I'm no longer the creator of this thread so I can't rename it anymore (I think). Would someone with the power to do so please change the thread name? I like the idea of changing " yarncrafters" to "textile crafters".
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2015, 01:01:43 PM »
Name change would be good! Fabric is fabric, whether it is knit or crocheted or woven!