Author Topic: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club  (Read 81587 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club
« Reply #480 on: June 08, 2016, 09:18:41 AM »
Yes, please, I'd love a copy of the tutorial! Thank you, Helia.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #481 on: June 08, 2016, 10:18:28 AM »
Helia,
Adding a pattern to Ravelry is pretty simple. It might take a few edits while figuring it out, but it isn't bad. I used to add patterns for the web craftzine I worked with. What you may want to do is come up with the tutorial as a document and save it as a PDF to upload.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
« Reply #482 on: June 08, 2016, 12:41:23 PM »
Helia, I'd like a tutorial  :)

starfallz, I remember about your mitten pattern, but I will be able to test it only during my vacation...which is next week  :)
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
« Reply #483 on: June 08, 2016, 01:20:38 PM »
Helia, I would love a tutorial for the amigurumi crew!!
I have unexpected amounts of free time on my hands right now and it would be wonderful to make them.
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #484 on: June 10, 2016, 05:31:31 AM »
Well, I'm off onto a long journey, and I'm planning to start a ssss-scarf (and possibly hat! Depending on yarn usage :P )

I've put the pattern I'm using in the spoilers (the dotted ones are purls) so if any of you want to knit along feel free! I designed it  to be knitted in the round using fair isle techniques. I think I'm going to use US 7 knitting needles, although that will depend on my swatch...

The scarf is based on that pretty pattern below the title in the book.

Happy knitting!

EDIT:
After doing some of the purls, the overall pattern looked pretty awful, so the entire pattern is now knit stitch. Also, since I'm easily bored, the 13 blank rows at the beginning were changed to 5 blank rows.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:53:30 AM by amaranthineamusement »
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #485 on: June 10, 2016, 07:45:54 AM »
Well, I'm off onto a long journey, and I'm planning to start a ssss-scarf (and possibly hat! Depending on yarn usage :P )

I've put the pattern I'm using in the spoilers (the dotted ones are purls) so if any of you want to knit along feel free! I designed it  to be knitted in the round using fair isle techniques. I think I'm going to use US 7 knitting needles, although that will depend on my swatch...

Happy knitting!

Interesting pattern! I can't wait to see it knit!
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #486 on: June 10, 2016, 10:03:58 AM »

Happy knitting!

Whoa, this looks pretty cool. I'm totally interested in trying it out! Though I think I might wait to see how yours turns out, first. (I have soooo many projects on the go, anyway. :P)

A hat might be interesting too! *_*
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #487 on: June 19, 2016, 10:35:35 PM »
So when this thread saw some activity a week or so ago I realized I never posted pictures of the beginning of my SSSS logo blanket! I have a few more squares done, but I wanted a nice square for a picture. I used the pattern Helia posted (though her corners are still more crisp than mine, ah well).

I might add more colors later - I was trying to echo some of the color schemes Minna uses in the comic, but it's hard to find yarn that matches that and also looks good together.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #488 on: June 19, 2016, 10:37:05 PM »
So when this thread saw some activity a week or so ago I realized I never posted pictures of the beginning of my SSSS logo blanket! I have a few more squares done, but I wanted a nice square for a picture. I used the pattern Helia posted (though her corners are still more crisp than mine, ah well).

I might add more colors later - I was trying to echo some of the color schemes Minna uses in the comic, but it's hard to find yarn that matches that and also looks good together.

Eeeeee!
I like the schemes you're using here. : D You're right, some of the ones she uses would be really difficult.
It looks great so far. < 3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #489 on: June 20, 2016, 02:49:16 AM »

This is already looking really good! I love the colours you've chosen, they go together nicely. Don't worry about the corners, you can make them sharper when you block the pieces. Can't wait to see this one finished!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

NoFaceKnitter

• Super-Newbie
  • Drawing is a kind of hypnotism
  • Preferred pronouns: Yes, I am pro nouns. I am all for them.
« Reply #490 on: June 20, 2016, 04:24:58 AM »
"That's something I've been thinking about, too. I'd really like to make something with the SSSS logo but I'm bad at stranded knitting."

Here is a nice and easy tutorial on duplicate stitch, which is a really good alternative to stranded knitting.
http://www.purlsoho.com/create/2007/10/28/duplicate-stitch/

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #491 on: June 20, 2016, 04:31:15 AM »

Wow, these look really great! The corners will be more square if you block them/ sew them together.
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

NoFaceKnitter

• Super-Newbie
  • Drawing is a kind of hypnotism
  • Preferred pronouns: Yes, I am pro nouns. I am all for them.
« Reply #492 on: June 20, 2016, 04:33:31 AM »
Finding SSS knitters.... what a great day.

I am Frances in the comments below SSSS. I have just enjoyed catching up on this thread. Are many of you on Ravelry? I would love to see an SSSS/RTD group there.

I am just about to post my first SSSS related pattern on Ravelry, and am looking for test knitters. Any of you sock knitters? Yes, I am the nut-case who started the "urgent socks" reference, for which I am innordinately proud.

The sock design/stitch pattern is inspired by Lalli, and an image in my head of him running through the Silent Lands, meandering through birch trees, sensing spirit forms and dangers. 

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #493 on: June 20, 2016, 07:29:27 AM »

I am Frances in the comments below SSSS. I have just enjoyed catching up on this thread. Are many of you on Ravelry? I would love to see an SSSS/RTD group there.

I am just about to post my first SSSS related pattern on Ravelry, and am looking for test knitters. Any of you sock knitters? Yes, I am the nut-case who started the "urgent socks" reference, for which I am innordinately proud.

The sock design/stitch pattern is inspired by Lalli, and an image in my head of him running through the Silent Lands, meandering through birch trees, sensing spirit forms and dangers.

A sock pattern, you say? *_* Looking forward to seeing that; please drop a link here once it's up!
I've tried socks before, never had the patience to complete any though. But I could probably muster up the attention-span for something SSSS-inspired.

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #494 on: June 20, 2016, 10:57:58 AM »

I'd love to take a look! I'm not really free to do test knitting, but I do do tech editing, if you'd like me to look it over. I'm also on Ravelry as "starfallz". I'd love to join a group, although I'm not as active on there as I once was.