Author Topic: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club  (Read 80683 times)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club
« on: November 02, 2014, 11:34:58 AM »
I'd be totally happy with just the SSSS logo on a shirt :3

Maybe with the book-cover-version of "Stand Still• Stay Silent•" around the logo X)

(I might even try making one in the holidays)
http://m.wikihow.com/Stencil-a-T-Shirt

Ahhh a new trial awaits me on my knittingwork! I only need some wool in the colours fitting, write down a pattern and than I will try it with oven cloth first. If it works I got a motive for a new wooly cap.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 12:13:35 PM »
Ahhh a new trial awaits me on my knittingwork! I only need some wool in the colours fitting, write down a pattern and than I will try it with oven cloth first. If it works I got a motive for a new wooly cap.

Reminds me that I've seen an almost identical motif used on actual sweaters. A similar motif called the Hardanger rose is very common in Norwegian knitting, but it's usually octagonal.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 02:11:06 PM »
I'm done with the knitting script for oven cloth. First I will do it in one colour only. The pattern will emerge depending on the correct combinition of knit stiches and plain stiches. Afterwards I will try it in two colours. I have not decided yet, whether I will try this by knitting or crochetting. I think that will depend in wich way I am able to hide the yarn better. If it is done I will try to load up some pictures though I have not puzzled out yet how to do this without having an account somewhere.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 12:05:23 PM »
I'm done with the oven cloth. Only one so far, as I ran out of wool doing the first one. On my profile pic you see the dark side, the light one is the back side:

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 02:59:26 PM »
I'm done with the oven cloth. Only one so far, as I ran out of wool doing the first one. On my profile pic you see the dark side, the light one is the back side:

Marvelous!  Beautiful!  Ingenious!  Will you please share the pattern?  I bet I'm not the only one on this forum who used to knit and would like an excuse to dig out the needles and wool again!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 03:03:31 PM »

If it weren't for copyrights you could probably open a webshop for these. SSSS fans seem to have deep pockets for their fandom  :P.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 12:26:19 AM »
Marvelous!  Beautiful!  Ingenious!  Will you please share the pattern?  I bet I'm not the only one on this forum who used to knit and would like an excuse to dig out the needles and wool again!
Thanks :). Yes after work I will put it into shape and post it.

If it weren't for copyrights you could probably open a webshop for these. SSSS fans seem to have deep pockets for their fandom  :P.

I fear I might not be able to work anymore ;). if it had not been for trains being late all week, I would not have finnished it. But I had fun doing it :D

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

tedlar

• you're old when you start to choose your battles
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 04:32:12 AM »
  - 
Great work

I found this link to help you all (if you have other similar, please share them)
http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/
"knitPro is a free web application that translates digital images into knit, crochet, needlepoint and cross-stitch patterns."
:uk: / :france:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 02:10:04 PM »
Here is some information about double-knitting first:
Number one
Number two

Wool and needles have been size four.

The pattern is for front row only, so on the back rows I simply took the stitches as they came. The desing has some flaws still, so experiments to the script are welcome. I did knit stitches on the first colour and plain on the second, so in the end there were only knit stitches to be seen (hmmm or did I mess them up again).
http://i.imgur.com/MML6Azk.jpg

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

dwuff

• Creative Practitioner and Eater Of Pastries
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 04:36:43 AM »
Kex, that's awesome! I had knitting in primary school but my stitches kept getting tighter and tighter until I couldn't get the needles in anymore. I have great respect for people who can knit and keep the stitches tidy and consistent. I'd also love a shirt with just the logo, simple and classy and instantly recognisable to people who read the comic.
Find me on tumblr.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 04:51:10 AM »
Kex, that's awesome! I had knitting in primary school but my stitches kept getting tighter and tighter until I couldn't get the needles in anymore. I have great respect for people who can knit and keep the stitches tidy and consistent. I'd also love a shirt with just the logo, simple and classy and instantly recognisable to people who read the comic.

I had the same problem on the sample which was made by only one colour. Double-face technique lasts for hours but it helped making the stitches loose and regular.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 11:17:18 AM »
Somebody somewhere asked me to create a thread with patterns and pictures, etc., for my Minna-inspired crochet projects, and you all are welcome to join in with your own crocheting/knitting/whatever projects as well. Please include patterns or diagrams if you have them, so we all can give it a try.  :)

I'm in the middle of a bunch of stuff all at once, but this one's ready to show off, I guess:
This is a picture of a test square for a hannunvaakuna motif (based on Hannu's clothes in ARTD). I didn't block it yet because I'm going to turn it into a scarf.
This is a diagram of the color changes. I used single crochet stitches for the whole thing. Beginning chain is 41 chains. You can handle the color changes however you want; I chose to simply carry the other color underneath the stitches I was working and pick it up for the last loop of the stitch prior to the color change.
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 11:34:08 AM »
I should post some pictures of the mittens and patterns I've been working on. Will do that soon.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 02:11:35 PM »
Here's what I have so far.

Beginning charted pattern:

aRTD color test:

(thinking about hearts to symbolize Ville on the cuff, and has the first test of the SSSS border design)

First SSSS color test:

Sadly, the red pops A LOT in the photo. In real life, it isn't nearly as contrasting, which leads to...)

Second SSSS color test:

These show up well in real life. Was trying out the cuff design in these colors.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 02:21:32 PM »
I've only ever knitted one thing in my life, so I don't know how much I can contribute, but I will say that both those color schemes are AWESOME and I would gladly wear sweaters with those designs! :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden: