Author Topic: Improvements  (Read 136855 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: Improvements
« Reply #435 on: July 07, 2015, 11:46:44 PM »
People seem to be in favor of a SSSSona Child Board, so we'll go with that.
I'll go ahead and make the board, if someone can move all the SSSSona threads into it.
I'll do that.  Done!

Thanks for building this!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:43:01 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #436 on: July 13, 2015, 02:22:50 PM »
I think the forum is older than "a few months" now, so we should maybe consider removing "This will be an important board in the first few months of activity, so check in frequently, and help out if you can!"  from the Forum discussion board's description. :)
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #437 on: July 14, 2015, 12:18:51 PM »
I think the forum is older than "a few months" now, so we should maybe consider removing "This will be an important board in the first few months of activity, so check in frequently, and help out if you can!"  from the Forum discussion board's description. :)

Never! We are FOREVER YOUNG

ETA: Oh fine, I changed it. :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:16:02 PM by hushpiper »

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
« Reply #438 on: July 17, 2015, 07:18:56 PM »
I've done some tiny ninjafixes over this week, summing it up here:
  • Fixed the little border issue with the child board on the main board index. ✔
  • Made a new board index star variant, it appears when there are no new posts in the board itself but there are some in its child board: ✔
  • Made the new-posts stars appear for the child board lists as well on the mobile layout. ✔
  • Gave the page numbers a solid white-ish background to aid readability/usability. ✔
All fixes are live, if you don't see them do a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5, pretty much everywhere), or clean your browser's cache. ;)
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #439 on: July 17, 2015, 07:22:01 PM »
I've done some tiny ninjafixes over this week, summing it up here:
  • Fixed the little border issue with the child board on the main board index. ✔
  • Made a new board index star variant, it appears when there are no new posts in the board itself but there are some in its child board: ✔
  • Made the new-posts stars appear for the child board lists as well on the mobile layout. ✔
  • Gave the page numbers a solid white-ish background to aid readability/usability. ✔
All fixes are live, if you don't see them do a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5, pretty much everywhere), or clean your browser's cache. ;)

Ahh yes I noticed the solid white! :D I like it, it looks very clean! I also really like the index star variant and I saw it earlier on my phone.
YEET

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #440 on: July 17, 2015, 07:41:46 PM »
Made a new board index star variant, it appears when there are no new posts in the board itself but there are some in its child board
You have no idea how much that has been bothering me XD like, when the whole board was showing as unread instead of just the child board. Thank you so much!!!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #441 on: July 19, 2015, 03:30:34 AM »
Made a new board index star variant, it appears when there are no new posts in the board itself but there are some in its child board
Yes! Thank you for this, I spent 10 minutes the other day looking at the SSSS forum because I thought I didn't see some unread board somewhere, but it turned out to be the child board.   ;D
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #442 on: July 21, 2015, 09:16:47 AM »
On the moblie version, is it possible to get a little 1 or a different colour by the inbox icon when you receive a new PM?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #443 on: July 21, 2015, 10:19:52 AM »
(It should appear in the "what do the icons mean" section of the homepage, between the list of boards and the "Info Center", shouldn't it?)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:22:23 AM by JoB »
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #444 on: July 24, 2015, 07:55:32 PM »
Hi! I was wondering if there's a way to stick quotes in a spoiler?
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #445 on: July 24, 2015, 07:59:26 PM »
Hi! I was wondering if there's a way to stick quotes in a spoiler?

I don't think so.  You can put spoilers within a quote, but not the other way round.  I've tried in the Shared Story thread, but it never worked.

Maybe one of our more technically minded people can find a workaround, or change the BBC code to let it work? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #446 on: July 27, 2015, 12:48:12 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a feature of SMF, but I've seen it on other forums, so I thought I would give it a shot - Is there any way to add a "preview" button to the signature-editing area? I've been messing with mine a lot and it's kind of inconvenient to have to open one of your posts to check if what you're trying to do actually came out.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #447 on: July 28, 2015, 04:10:57 PM »
Is there any way to add a "preview" button to the signature-editing area? I've been messing with mine a lot and it's kind of inconvenient to have to open one of your posts to check if what you're trying to do actually came out.
Your profile (that you can directly jump to with Profile -> Summary from the menu bar) shows the "working" version of your signature, but it's still not a preview, either (i.e., you have to save the edits first) ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #448 on: July 28, 2015, 07:48:39 PM »
I don't think so.  You can put spoilers within a quote, but not the other way round.  I've tried in the Shared Story thread, but it never worked.

Maybe one of our more technically minded people can find a workaround, or change the BBC code to let it work?

This would be similar to the issues we used to have with the youtube tags on mobile: we know about it (and the other idiosyncrasies of the spoiler tags), but it's not easy to fix, and as such will get fixed whenever we find a fix for it. So it's on the list, but there's no ETA. :)

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
« Reply #449 on: August 05, 2015, 08:39:05 PM »
After applying the fix found here it strongly looks like

the search function works properly after you have logged out and logged back in!

I'm just as happy as you are. :)