Author Topic: Improvements  (Read 137080 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Improvements
« Reply #300 on: May 07, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »
With many thanks to Eriaror, we now have a very pretty theme! It's up on the beta site now for your discerning eyes:

http://dev.ssssforum.com/index.php

Suggestions, complaints, criticism and ooh's and aah's are all welcome, so let us know what you think!
GASPS
it's beautiful
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #301 on: May 07, 2015, 02:04:16 PM »
With many thanks to Eriaror, we now have a very pretty theme! It's up on the beta site now for your discerning eyes:

Suggestions, complaints, criticism and ooh's and aah's are all welcome, so let us know what you think!

Oooh, aah, that is pretty!  I like it!  I particularly like the link to Minna's Comics in the nav bar up top.  The whole thing really reflects Minna's very distinctive look and feel.

The only thing I don't care for is the underlying graphic on the page underneath the header.  I am easily distracted and I find that pattern distracting and slightly annoying.  (I like the just-plain-white background to our current postings.  But that's just me.)

"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #302 on: May 07, 2015, 02:05:59 PM »
The only thing I don't care for is the underlying graphic on the page underneath the header.  I am easily distracted and I find that pattern distracting and slightly annoying.  (I like the just-plain-white background to our current postings.  But that's just me.)

Same here, I'm not a big fan of the translucent-y stuff.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #303 on: May 07, 2015, 02:14:06 PM »

Ohhh my gosh it's GORGEOUS
My only (tiny) dislike would be the serif font for the top menu buttons [Home/Help/Search etc] ... I know it's supposed to fit with the theme and stuff but those can be kind of hard to read occasionally
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #304 on: May 07, 2015, 02:20:57 PM »

Same here, I'm not a big fan of the translucent-y stuff.

Hmm, I like it myself, but I do see what you mean. Maybe make it somewhat less translucent? Somewhere between what it is now and what's on the top banner (which is very slightly translucent itself, if you look close), perhaps?

BreezeLouise

« Reply #305 on: May 07, 2015, 04:40:42 PM »

Ooh, I like that a lot! I actually like the underlying image in particular, as well as the new header at the top.

My one complaint is that it's actually a little bright for me. That's mostly just personal preference, but I do feel like it's a little more disorienting after coming from this gray background. I'm sure that'll wear off after a while, though.
Life is a state of mind.

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #306 on: May 07, 2015, 07:34:42 PM »

*A*
It's gorgeous let's use it! Use iiiiit!

The underlying image is arguably The Thing of the whole layout, I'd be very sad to see that go as long as the bg of posts themselves remains solid white (as it is) for readability.

Like Breeze said it is maybe a little bright, but I have the same complaint about the new main site layout itself and might actually prefer this one because, thanks to said underlying image, it's less bright than the main site design.
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #307 on: May 07, 2015, 07:57:07 PM »

Wow, it's beautiful!

I personally like the background, but I can see how it could be a bit distracting to some people.
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #308 on: May 07, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »
It looks nice, but I am perversely bugged that I can't shift the overlying features to expose different parts of the background [WAS: water trolls (like Moomi-Pirhana)].  Would that be possible? 

Will it be the same theme all the time, or periodically changed? 

Would a translucency slider / preference be practical for individual users? 

Is Disqus-like comment organization possible with the Simple Machines engine? 

Just throwing out ignorant or curious questions, not *trying* to make life overly "interesting." 
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #309 on: May 07, 2015, 10:00:50 PM »
My two cents about it: I love it, I love all of it, can we start using it already?<3
Am notified of private messages via email.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #310 on: May 07, 2015, 10:10:25 PM »
I love it!  :'D  Also, I'm in love with the button to the comics. 
I only wish I knew how to help with this kind of thing so I could work on it.
Either way, I agree, I think it's good enough to start using now, and we can make adjustments when problems or complaints arise. 
Feel free to PM.

Ann Marie

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • hiss hiss meow
« Reply #311 on: May 08, 2015, 04:41:07 AM »
It's so pretty!  And the background image is maybe a little distracting but I like it anyway.
native:  :usa:
learning:  :finland: :germany:
dabbling, exactly like a duck:  :sweden:

taking the long road to comic comprehension

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #312 on: May 08, 2015, 05:47:28 AM »
Definitely approve of the look with the background image.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #313 on: May 08, 2015, 06:01:40 AM »

"Ooh !" "Aah !" :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #314 on: May 08, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »

Ohh, very pretty! I like it!
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: