Author Topic: Improvements  (Read 136921 times)

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: Improvements
« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2014, 08:36:51 AM »
The Scriptorium thread is having a discussion on referring to female superiors, should we move it?

I think it could go to language board, but I'm not so sure. It seems like a good thread for "how is this person called in your language" but I don't know what the new topic should be called?

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2014, 11:58:23 AM »
How about "Titles and Ranks across the world"?
My one-and-only: :uk:

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2014, 12:28:15 PM »
"Titles and formal forms across the world?"
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2014, 12:33:16 PM »
Military civilities ?
Way too narrow, but I like it!
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #184 on: December 15, 2014, 12:37:01 PM »
"Titles and formal forms across the world?"

Many good suggestions, but I chose Nimphy because they notified me of the problem in the first place.
I also wrote a little note about the new thread in the first (Eich's) post, simply because almost every time I split topic people get confused.

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2014, 12:48:35 PM »

Many good suggestions, but I chose Nimphy because they notified me of the problem in the first place.
And it's the best. :)
I also wrote a little note about the new thread in the first (Eich's) post, simply because almost every time I split topic people get confused.

Always a very good idea! It's a good habit to get into when splitting threads. Some forum software require explanatory posts when splitting threads!
My one-and-only: :uk:

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2014, 04:26:01 PM »
Hi, Noako.  Can you please merge Mayabird's recently created "Character Development: Mikkel" thread into the older one? 

As you can see from the 2nd and 3rd posts in that thread, I've cleared it with her.  You wouldn't need to move those posts, just her first one.  Hopefully, this will let that older thread jump to the list of newly updated ones.

Done. The old thread was bumbed to the 1st page too.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »
Could it be possible to post flash files here? I've tried the following link using the tags [flash]http://and[/flash] but it turns up blank.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/99162h3nuw43174/Hallingskasttest2.swf?dl=0

I found this discussion elsewhere:
Quote from: steve
(...) the correct form is:
[flash=width,height]http://url[/flash]
You can see your link in my SV PPC Test Board for proof. (Flash isn't allowed on phpBB.com apparently.)
Also, are you aware that you need to set the Allow use of [FLASH] BBCode tag in posts option on the Post settings page of the General tab as well as a forum-based permission to allow Flash?

link to discussion: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2122781

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #188 on: January 04, 2015, 05:57:22 PM »
Not really an improvement, but was there any reason the Language learning discussion was locked? I've been offline for a few days, and maybe something came up that I missed, so sorry if the answer's really obvious. :-\

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2015, 07:48:21 PM »
EDIT:

I have merged the threads below:

"The Face of Magic" thread with the more recent thread Korppi started ("Speculation on Magic and Spirits"), speculating on how magic works in the SSSS universe.  I suggested this to both thread creators (including BrainBlow, the older thread's creator), who have granted permission.

It is now called "Speculation on Magic and Spirits".
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:21:09 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2015, 08:09:57 PM »
I would like to move the "Main SSSS Site Outage" thread here.  It was in the SSSS board, but I think it's better suited for here (especially since I reported the same "system" problem a couple of days ago).

I've notified users of that thread, and am waiting to hear back from them.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:28:32 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

AwsomelyNotAwsome

« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2015, 02:23:48 PM »
Hello! Found this amazing comic some time ago and as I was creating my forum profile I noticed there was no Slovak flag. 99.9% sure I'm the only one that would need it, but in any case, would the o mighty forum Thors add one please? Thank you!
P.S. Tried using :slovakia: :slovakrepublic: and :sk: nothing works. If it's already on the forum, under what can I find it? Or can I just use the image/link in my signature that I posted here? Thanks.

(Possibility? From Humons SatW )

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #192 on: January 20, 2015, 02:49:46 PM »
Hello! Found this amazing comic some time ago and as I was creating my forum profile I noticed there was no Slovak flag. 99.9% sure I'm the only one that would need it, but in any case, would the o mighty forum Thors add one please? Thank you!
P.S. Tried using :slovakia: :slovakrepublic: and :sk: nothing works. If it's already on the forum, under what can I find it? Or can I just use the image/link in my signature that I posted here? Thanks.

(Possibility? From Humons SatW )
I tried adding it in, but the site is giving me a 500 error when I try to upload it. 
I'll try again later, and see if I can get it uploaded then.  I'm using :slovakia: as the flag code.
Feel free to PM.

AwsomelyNotAwsome

« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2015, 03:05:44 PM »
I tried adding it in, but the site is giving me a 500 error when I try to upload it. 
I'll try again later, and see if I can get it uploaded then.  I'm using :slovakia: as the flag code.

Ah thank you for the quick reply, will use the :slovakia: in signature. Great support on this forum! 11/10 -IGN

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2015, 11:03:45 AM »
I noticed when i was replying to one of the pages that i seemingly couldn't link a video in a fashion that a youtube player is displayed at the page itself.

Is this even possible? If not i think it could be a worthy prospect to look in to if you guys have the time and patience.