General > Language Board

Welcome to the Language Board

(1/8) > >>

Eich:
EDITED in 2022 by Jitter:
Welcome to the Language Board! It was started in 2015 as a temporary test, and has endured! So, this board is for discussion about different languages, and about learning and using of the languages.

Are you new to the Forum? Some tips on getting started with the Forum can be found here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1297.0

Jitter out

This will be a place to talk about languages, as per the suggestions of our user, Headfinder.  This board is a test, and will last until the beginning of December.  If it gets enough activity, and people really like it being here, it will stay.  I'll put up a poll at the end of November to collect opinions on the trial.

Headfinder's idea:

--- Quote ---Something more relaxed, a board for free discussion of foreign languages and cultures, where speaking a foreign language is actually encouraged, that's what came to my mind when I read multiligual; and that's something I might back.

Maybe we can get nordic or romance threads, learning threads for specific languages, history threads, or even vocaroo threads: Post something in your language, make a recording of yourself on other people's posts and link it to the thread for laughs, rating, learning and tip sharing...
Whatever comes.

--- End quote ---

He also suggested a method to moderate in multiple languages.  We'll be relying on you users to report abuse of the rules.
It'll take a while for this board to find it's comfortable place, so start making threads.  Many threads will likely drift out of use in the next few weeks, but that's natural and happens in every board.  So, get cracking.  Make some threads and lets start talking!

Edit by Feartheviolas: Removed the "better name to be decided" from the topic name

Lenny:
Hmm, suggestion: What about moving the Language Exchange Program, Learning Russian, and Learning Nordic Languages threads over here? They're all more suited to the Languages Board than the General Discussion Board.

Solovei:

--- Quote from: Lenny on October 28, 2014, 10:30:20 PM ---Hmm, suggestion: What about moving the Language Exchange Program, Learning Russian, and Learning Nordic Languages threads over here? They're all more suited to the Languages Board than the General Discussion Board.

--- End quote ---

I thought about that too! Good idea :)

Nimphy:

--- Quote from: Lenny on October 28, 2014, 10:30:20 PM ---Hmm, suggestion: What about moving the Language Exchange Program, Learning Russian, and Learning Nordic Languages threads over here? They're all more suited to the Languages Board than the General Discussion Board.

--- End quote ---

Yesss! Also, what other threads would people like? I'm currently thinking about:

- Romance thread: speakers of one of the romance languages may talk to each other and have fun trying to understand each other

- Nordic thread: same as above, Nordic version

- Conversations with natives thread - for beginners to confront themselves with native or fluent speakers.

Title suggestion: I love Headfinder's idea of "Tower of Babel"

Fen Shen:
Maybe it would be a good idea to wait for moving the language topics Lenny sugested - if at the end of November, we decide to close this board again, they would all need to be moved back.
But of course they'd better fit in here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version