General > General Discussion Board

Global Holidays and Celebrations

(1/83) > >>

Noah O.:
Heck, we do Columbus day, and he wasn't even first. 'sides, Vikings are much cooler than dubiously Italian Spanish guys that name their ships after chip brands. Who's with me?

Noah O.:
By this I mean that we should replace Columbus Day with Leif Erikson day, instead of just slapping it on in the middle of October.

Eich:
Depends, do we get Columbus day off, and when is Columbus day?
October does need a day for people to get out of school and work...

StellersJayC:

--- Quote from: Eich on October 26, 2014, 10:47:53 AM ---Depends, do we get Columbus day off, and when is Columbus day?
October does need a day for people to get out of school and work...

--- End quote ---

I think most of the United States gets Columbus Day off. In my state we don't. (I don't think it was ever a recognized holiday here.) But then again, I don't live in most of the United States and can't say for sure.

Eich:

--- Quote from: StellersJayC on October 26, 2014, 11:21:49 AM ---I think most of the United States gets Columbus Day off. In my state we don't. (I don't think it was ever a recognized holiday here.) But then again, I don't live in most of the United States and can't say for sure.

--- End quote ---
You don't live in most of the US.  That sounded like some kind of existential crisis in my head when I read that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version