Author Topic: You in Year 90  (Read 34430 times)

BabaYaga

Re: You in Year 90
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2014, 01:14:57 PM »
In all honesty, I'd probably be a peasant constantly waiting for some kind of cool magical ability to develop so I can go do something other than farming.

But I'd like to think I'd be a medic like our dear Medic guy, helping people and - most importantly - working with lots and lots of fuzzy medi-kitties! :3

RobertVeggies

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2014, 04:23:12 PM »
Hmmmmm, me... Well, engineer or mechanic is likely. I love making and fixing things.
Soldier or scout is also possible - I like weapons, have a bit of a hero complex/daydream, I'm quite patient, and I have good night vision - and I might not have thrown my back out if it weren't for the crazy heavy textbooks that U.S. schools use! I'm pretty fir, and respond well to organized training. Oh, and I'm clearly part cat. All my friends agree.
The other likely possibility is seafarer, as crew aboard a Viking liner. And probably a mechanic there too.

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2014, 01:59:36 AM »
I'm one of those brainy bits of gloop Siv has to experiment on at work, sigh.

But assuming somebody managed to save me (heaven knows I'd not be able to survive on my own) and then I managed to live somewhere safe and secure... I'd be working for the Danes copying down obscure historical data into big new fancy encyclopedias. Not studying, per say-- mostly just copying information that smarter people already organized. And my boss would get mad at me a lot for typing too slowly and crying when the typewriter sticks. And I'd have no friends because whenever I'd hang out with anybody I'd spout random information about whatever it was I was copying down that day. And I'd love my job kind of a lot.

Mmhmm. Yay.
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Sue D Nym

• Just a little something that I drew
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2014, 12:17:06 PM »
Here's an idea, do you think they would have mail deliverer as a job? Kind of like the pony express, people who trek through the wilderness to get to the villages to bring news and letters from other regions. If so, I would want that as my job!
"To Serve Man! It's a cookbook!"

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2014, 08:33:37 PM »
I like to think I'd be something cool like a scout of course, but in all honesty I'd much more likely end up in the strategy department or something else that doesn't require quite so much running.

Definitely military anyway, at least they can harbour the illusion of getting something done to change the state of their world.
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2015, 06:00:42 PM »
Hello!
At the risk of engaging in thread necromancy, what if I move this thread to the PerSSSSona board?  After all, it's an early attempt at coming up with Known World personas.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2015, 09:09:44 PM »
Me, I would be a Scald. Short-sighted, puny, literate, cowardly - all the traits that mark a man out for a job behind a typewriter!
Or a woman. Skald or scholar, yep, that's me.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2015, 09:33:41 PM »
Hello!
At the risk of engaging in thread necromancy, what if I move this thread to the PerSSSSona board?  After all, it's an early attempt at coming up with Known World personas.

It is too late. The thread has risen. The apocalypse hath begun.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

ClairityKoi

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2015, 12:24:18 AM »

And then it all went full circle. It turned out that it was actually 'us' who was in the prologue of the comic.
It's not leaving the comfort of your shell, it's expanding its confines... <3

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2015, 04:33:17 AM »

Tonight in cinemas near you, the world premiere of George Romero's new hit, Night of the Living Threads!

Uh, coming back to thread topic, I could be an engineer, fixing stuff. Or perhaps a merchant, sailing 'round Baltic and North Sea, seeing places and selling/buying stuff. I can sail, so I could be a regular sailor too.
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

snotra

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2015, 12:28:51 PM »
The majority of us would be trolls, probably. I don't consider my chances to be non-troll/giant very high.
Languages: :netherlands: :uk:
I should know these, but rusty: :germany: :france: :italy:
Butchering at every try, but still bragging about it: Middle English (sort of)
To be added some time in the future when time and money can facilitate them: :vaticancity: :denmark: :norway: :iceland: :sweden: :finland:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2015, 01:15:59 PM »
Me in year 90... well now I'm a college student studying Graphic Design, so I think we can all safely assume that particular profession is long dead.

Or wait, maybe not

People in Iceland and Mora have a much more stable way of life, and the support crew even went to a cafe. They have menus, the Nordic council has logos for stuff, people sell Dala horses, the Dagrenning Program makes informational fliers, and the military makes recruitment posters.
So people still need someone to design stuff for them, and print it up, even if it may be done with the old hand operated printing presses.

So looks like I could still keep up my current love, and be safe and happy in an established city!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2015, 08:47:24 AM »
In the comic, my homeland is a part of the Silent World along with the rest of mainland Europe, so around the year 90, I'd probably be dead. :P

...or at the very least, maybe a skald somewhere.
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2015, 01:21:19 PM »
In the comic, my homeland is a part of the Silent World along with the rest of mainland Europe, so around the year 90, I'd probably be dead. :P

...or at the very least, maybe a skald somewhere.

With the equipment you(r avatar) have, I'm pretty sure the army would welcome you with open arms  ;) *cue rimshot*
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Most Monstrous

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2016, 07:51:48 AM »
Hmmm. It's an interesting question! Well, it makes sense that I would be in the military, since that's my current occupation: Military maintainer. So perhaps a Dane working on fixing the cattanks I'm sure you all love to wreck.