Author Topic: Ideas for new Boards  (Read 17965 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Ideas for new Boards
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2017, 02:15:00 PM »
Alright everyone! Go have some fun!

I'll see what we can do about getting the main game blog page linked to the Minna's Comics dropdown.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2017, 08:59:06 AM »
I think a politics/civics board, if someone could be counted on to mod it, would be useful. A free and Frank exchange of ideas and information improves things. Of course, there's a risk of a repeat of the Lallipop Incident that resulted in the Diversity Thread being abandoned.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2017, 10:28:16 AM »
It was my impression that the Diversity thread wasn't officially abandoned/locked, but that until/unless there's more relevant information made available either in the comic or from Minna we'd run out of new things (or at least of new things both polite and relevant) to say on the subject, and that the moderators had requested we not keep going over and over the same stuff. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

-- I'd be interested in a politics/civics board; and having one might keep the politics out of other threads, where it's possible it's unwanted though I haven't noticed complaints -- complaints might not be on the thread, though, I wouldn't know if the mods have gotten any. However such a board would require extra work from the moderators, and I don't know whether they want to do it.

The amount of work could perhaps be reduced by warning people that the moderation exists but also that it might not take effect immediately. I don't know whether a posting delay is practical on these boards, which would seem to be the other alternative. -- maybe it would also, or alternatively, help to restrict it as I understand the adult-content board is restricted: in order to post you have to have made x number of posts in other boards first and then to ask permission to be admitted?

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2017, 12:15:15 PM »
It was my impression that the Diversity thread wasn't officially abandoned/locked, but that until/unless there's more relevant information made available either in the comic or from Minna we'd run out of new things (or at least of new things both polite and relevant) to say on the subject, and that the moderators had requested we not keep going over and over the same stuff. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

That's exactly my impression as well. I think we simply exhausted the topic, and activity will resume only when/if there will be more talk or appearances of other cultures in the comic. The thread's not locked at the moment.

As for "risk of a repeat of the Lallipop Incident", 1. it was unpleasant and embarrassing but it didn't kill anyone and 2. I don't think taking decisions based on an isolated event is a good idea. If people want this board, we should make it and see what happens imho. People worried and made a huge fuss over the suggestion of a nsfw board, but it hasn't created any single problem so far. It seems we're usually more paranoid than necessary.
Any new board or thread can be locked if it proves too much trouble.

That being said, I don't think there's a need to keep politics out of other threads as long as they don't take over completely. In something like a general thread, political discussion arises more naturally, in context, which usually makes things less polarized.

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2017, 12:38:15 AM »
Hi. I was thinking about making a thread where we could ask for and give advice to each other. I don't know if there is one already, but I thought it would be kinda cool.  ;D
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2017, 03:42:11 AM »
Hi. I was thinking about making a thread where we could ask for and give advice to each other. I don't know if there is one already, but I thought it would be kinda cool.  ;D

Hi, PickleChip.  That's a worthy idea.  But since we like to minimize the amount of overlap between thread topics, check out some of these first:
* The Comfort Corner (where people often offer advice as well as pat-pats for other people's troubles)
* How to Adult
* Various specific subjects, from cooking to archery

If you're looking to get or give advice on a specific subject, that's generally easier for people to find and reply to. 

Does that make sense?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »
Well, since this board has been brought back, I've been thinking for a bit about having a board to chat about TTRPGs? I see that there is a board game thread but nowhere for me to cry when my party gets eaten by Tiamat next weekend. I know there are quite a few people here that play them, and it'd be kind of nice to have a board to talk about different systems or swap awful stories.

What do you guys think?
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2017, 03:27:24 PM »
Well, since this board has been brought back, I've been thinking for a bit about having a board to chat about TTRPGs? I see that there is a board game thread but nowhere for me to cry when my party gets eaten by Tiamat next weekend. I know there are quite a few people here that play them, and it'd be kind of nice to have a board to talk about different systems or swap awful stories.

What do you guys think?
I'd be totally down for this. I have a few stories that could be funny :)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2017, 07:43:40 PM »

What do you guys think?

Do you mean a board or a thread? Because if you want to make a thread you don't have to ask permission. You can totally start a thread about TTRPGs in the general discussion board.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2017, 10:18:28 PM »
Do you mean a board or a thread? Because if you want to make a thread you don't have to ask permission. You can totally start a thread about TTRPGs in the general discussion board.
Yeah, I meant a thread. :'D But cool, alright! I have no idea how the forum actually functions so I thought I'd post here first and see what happened.

Now I just have to sit around for probably like three hours to think of a title and an opening post...

EDIT: Eight hours later... I see why I have caused confusion. This is ideas for new boards. Not threads.

haha yeah I'll go make that thread now bye
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:28:21 PM by Jhev »
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2017, 10:26:08 AM »
Yeah, I meant a thread. :'D But cool, alright! I have no idea how the forum actually functions so I thought I'd post here first and see what happened.

Now I just have to sit around for probably like three hours to think of a title and an opening post...

EDIT: Eight hours later... I see why I have caused confusion. This is ideas for new boards. Not threads.

haha yeah I'll go make that thread now bye

No worries! That's what we're here for :)

I remember the first time I wanted to start a thread.... I was so terrified that I actually made my friend Ana Nymus start it for me...  ::)

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2017, 06:06:53 PM »
No worries! That's what we're here for :)

I remember the first time I wanted to start a thread.... I was so terrified that I actually made my friend Ana Nymus start it for me...  ::)

I remember it too! Good times, good times  ;)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2018, 04:19:10 PM »
Am I misremembering? I thought that we already had a test board (where posts would automagically be deleted after a short while) ...

FWIW, since I don't want to create a number of throwaway accounts with repeated registration attempts, I'ld like to try to make a post that the filter between the reverse proxy and the actual SMF blocks so that we can show Jody S a screenshot to compare to the error message she sees. IIRC the block page is entirely white with a rather nondescript one-liner message ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2018, 11:15:30 AM »
Am I misremembering? I thought that we already had a test board (where posts would automagically be deleted after a short while) ...

FWIW, since I don't want to create a number of throwaway accounts with repeated registration attempts, I'ld like to try to make a post that the filter between the reverse proxy and the actual SMF blocks so that we can show Jody S a screenshot to compare to the error message she sees. IIRC the block page is entirely white with a rather nondescript one-liner message ...

There is a test forum. It's over hereeeee http://dev.ssssforum.com/