Author Topic: Ideas for new Boards  (Read 18244 times)

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: Ideas for new Boards
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2014, 02:51:50 AM »
Hey, Thor and Troll-Slayer:

Would it be possible to split off the later posts to "The Fate of Foreigners in Iceland" into a new thread?  Ideally called something like "Advanced Technology Speculation" because starting here,
http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=43.msg1091#msg1091, the conversation moves into speculating about whether the Known World has aviation, space flight, radio satellites, etc.

I keep thinking those topics have popped up on other existing threads, so I'll check.  I also wanted to bring in a long back-and-forth from ~p. 207 or so re: the state of radio communication in the Catmobile and its pros and cons vs. Mage-O-Phone. 

I'll make separate posts if I run into other thread segments I think would make sense as free-standing folders.  Would you rather I alerted you via a post in "Improvements" or DMs, vs. what I'm doing here?

Done!
  Well, logically thinking, "Bugs and things to fix" thread should be used for things like these, but I think it should also be reserved for more "serious", like actual bugs.
Should I make a completely new thread for this? Like "Not really serious things to fix"? Like... When you want to get the attention of mods, but so that everyone can see it?? Tell me what you think (And if you like the idea suggest a name for a topic  :P)

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2014, 12:07:07 PM »
A good idea - "Moderation issues" would do for those non-urgent issues that don't really need the Report Button.
My one-and-only: :uk:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2014, 05:44:27 PM »
I hope this is the right place to put this...

We have a fanart thread which is doing very well, so I was wondering if we should start one for fanfiction as well, for those of us of a non-artistic persuasion? What do people think about this?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2014, 06:41:28 PM »

We have a fanart thread which is doing very well, so I was wondering if we should start one for fanfiction as well, for those of us of a non-artistic persuasion? What do people think about this?

Fanfiction thread could be nice. I suppose if you've written anything you can just start it and hope it catches on?
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2014, 06:48:07 PM »

That sounds okay to me.  I'd prefer it if shipping fics were kept to a minimum, though.  Think y'all can handle that?
Feel free to PM.

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2014, 07:00:35 PM »
That sounds okay to me.  I'd prefer it if shipping fics were kept to a minimum, though.  Think y'all can handle that?

I figure as long as there's warnings on the shipping-fics it should be fine. Not that I want to read them, but I'm sure many do.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2014, 07:03:03 PM »

Afraid of a little homoerotica?  ;)

In all seriousness, I think shipping should be more closely defined. It goes without saying that content must be family friendly.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2014, 07:06:34 PM »
Afraid of a little homoerotica?

In all seriousness, I think shipping should be more closely defined. It goes without saying that content must be family friendly.
I agree! We haven't had any problems with that so far (that I've seen), and judging by the Disqus comments many people are supportive of the more platonic kinds of shipping for our characters (I believe the term broshipping has been mentioned?). I think that's quite different, and would lead to very different art/fanfiction than the more romantically-oriented stuff.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2014, 07:35:40 PM »
I figure as long as there's warnings on the shipping-fics it should be fine. Not that I want to read them, but I'm sure many do.
Keep that on fanfic.net, if it goes beyond friendshipping.  Links... are fine I guess.

I agree! We haven't had any problems with that so far (that I've seen), and judging by the Disqus comments many people are supportive of the more platonic kinds of shipping for our characters (I believe the term broshipping has been mentioned?). I think that's quite different, and would lead to very different art/fanfiction than the more romantically-oriented stuff.
Again, friendshipping is fine.  If I see anything above a PG rating, as far as any kind of romance goes, I'll ask that it goes in a link instead, even if it's short enough for a post...  It is kind of dumb, but it lays a good ground to prevent anything... less than appropriate.  Also, I so much as catch wind of any kind of erotica, I'm removing the link.  That. Is. not. what I want for this forum.  I don't like that I have to say that, but at the rate we're getting new members, it might be necessary (keyword = might.  probably not).
Anything similar to the comic itself, i.e. some infrequent swearing (anything is fine, even the asterisked words), violence and gore, etc. are all fine.   If Minna wouldn't do it (concerning things like this, at least.  Obviously the point of fanfictions is to deviate from what the artist would do.), please refrain. 
Feel free to PM.

TBA

• Super-Newbie
  • Silence! I kill you!
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2015, 05:32:45 AM »
I was wondering about a thread for the Deviant Art fan club Minnas-Minnions  http://minnas-minions.deviantart.com/ Myself and a few other fans run it and it would be nice to have a spot to announce things we are doing. It might also help grow the group and give the members somewhere else to show off their fan art.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2015, 05:39:09 AM »
I was wondering about a thread for the Deviant Art fan club Minnas-Minnions  http://minnas-minions.deviantart.com/ Myself and a few other fans run it and it would be nice to have a spot to announce things we are doing. It might also help grow the group and give the members somewhere else to show off their fan art.
Simple threads you can usually just go ahead and create yourself in the appropriate board (Either the SSSS-board or the GD-board). If you don't know how then let us know. This thread here is more for suggesting new boards.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2017, 10:16:46 AM »
Hey All!

So I was sitting here thinking, since Minna's got this great new game project she's working on, how many of you would be interested in a sub-board under the main Stand Still Stay Silent board for threads related to the game? I know we don't really have much now, but I have a feeling it will grow, and it might be nice to start now with organizing it, so we don't have to go hunting for everything in a few months.

Thoughts?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2017, 10:53:13 AM »
Hey All!

So I was sitting here thinking, since Minna's got this great new game project she's working on, how many of you would be interested in a sub-board under the main Stand Still Stay Silent board for threads related to the game? I know we don't really have much now, but I have a feeling it will grow, and it might be nice to start now with organizing it, so we don't have to go hunting for everything in a few months.

Thoughts?
That definitely sounds like something we should do
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2017, 03:40:00 PM »
Hey All!

Thoughts?

That sounds like a great idea! :)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2017, 07:43:46 PM »
Hey All!

Thoughts?
Sounds like a good idea.