General > General Discussion Board

Covid 19 - Updates from your zones

<< < (129/129)

dmeck7755:

--- Quote from: Jitter on August 04, 2022, 04:04:52 PM ---I just tested positive. No surprise, I’ve been terribly ill for days (feeling like a bad case of flu, not like I was actually about to die). This is the first in out family, which is a bit of a feat considering how both boys have been to school and the elder worked as a security guard for a hypermarket over the summer. So anyways I feel like crab.

--- End quote ---

Oh no!!  I know you will take care...I hope it passes quickly with no ill effects...

--- Quote from: Jitter on August 04, 2022, 04:04:52 PM ---Finland’s approach to the pandemic is (again?) a mess. Some of officials are calling for downgrading Covid into a normal infectious disease (as opposed to specific pandemic / public threat status) while others are demanding fourth shots for everyone asap. Finland is currently giving fourth vaccines to the very elderly, but no decisions as to when everyone else will be getting it have been made.

--- End quote ---

I think Finland is not alone.  In the US (my state) they do not even talk about it much any longer.  They are pretty much treating it as endemic.  (Only to mention a new variant, and the Ads to get vaxxed) Though it is/was back in the news when the president tested positive... People are still getting sick.  My work requires people to be vaxxed and boostered.  Quite a few co-workers still got very sick.  So it is still a very frightening thing.

--- Quote from: Jitter on August 04, 2022, 04:04:52 PM ---Incidentally (or probably there is a connection, hmmm 🤔) emergency care is in shambles in many areas of the country. There is a shortage of nurses in particular, and ward closures over the summer have resulted in emergency rooms choking with patients coming in but not getting to actual wards for further care. So let’s hope I don’t get so badly that I would need to go in, because sitting around for 10 hours with other sick people is likely to cause more harm than good for anyone.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I think nurses are in short supply everywhere. Hopefully you will recover and not need to go anywhere. 

I am rooting for you!!!

Yastreb:
Over the last three days there have been almost 10,000 new cases, with 29 deaths, bringing Australia's total number of cases to almost 10.5 million, with 15,899 deaths.
Damn it.

Yastreb:
Not from the Zones, as such, but today I looked at the Wikipedia page on the pandemic, thence to the WHO page, to learn that the confirmed global toll is over seven million as of 31 January. The actual toll may be two or three times higher. I also learned that over the last 28 days there have been 190 deaths from COVID-19 in Australia. This has not been reported.

Keep Looking:
Yes, it's really concerning - particularly as new strains are going round and we HAVE vaccines for them that can help prevent people dying and etc, but governments haven't been doing much at all to promote uptake.

Róisín:
Yeah, it’s a worry. I’m glad that I live out in the country where transmission rates tend to be a bit lower than in the cities. At present I am concerned about my beloved, who is in hospital in Adelaide, the big city nearest to where we live, with a different medical problem. Because Covid does tend to spread in hospitals - at least Star is vaccinated. Also concerned about my friend Liz who lives in one of the inner suburbs of Adelaide, and our friend Yastreb, who lives in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, the capital of Victoria which is the next state east of South Australia where I live. Yastreb is coming over to stay with us in a few weeks, so I hope he will be safer out here in the country, with cleaner air and fresh food.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version