General > General Discussion Board

Grade your cats here!

(1/10) > >>

Vulpes:
I was going to resurrect the pets thread, but decided to start anew - what grade of cat do you have?

This is my Grade B Cat, Tuna Tin Label Edition.

I know you are a crafty lot, surely someone has made a SSSS Official Graded Cat Collar (rather than sticking a tuna tin label on their outraged cat, who just wanted the darned tuna juice). Let's see them!

RanVor:
What a splendid grade B cat you have!

I haven't put my cat through any official grading procedure, but I'm pretty sure he's grade D at best. I don't have his photo right now, but I'll post one as soon as it's available (which may take some time as I'm not going to be home until next weekend).

wavewright62:
Too good to pass up - Fred claiming B-Grade status on sheer erudition alone.  (Recycling from a 'cat pictures on Shakespeare quotes' thread)

Ragnarok:
My cat is definitely Grade D, being both old and about as intelligent as a sack of hammers.

Róisín:
Three cats I have owned in the past, Greycat, Sandy and Old Spook, would have made Grade A, especially Greycat, who appointed herself guardian and protector of the two family members who most needed that, and would come and alert me if something was wrong with them. Of the cats with whom I currently share my home, Agatha is a definite grade A, Gil might make BMinus. He means well, but he is not as bright as his sister, and is a big enthusiastic boofhead who doesn’t understand that some humans are frail and should not be climbed. Both are quite good at giving warning of snakes and other dangers.

Lucy, a tiny black cat I found as a kitten, was given to riding in coat pockets, got on reasonably with my green tree snake, and was a ferocious slayer of cockroaches.

Smoke, whom I inherited after her human died, was very civilised and had been a bookshop cat for years. When I inherited her she came with very young kittens, so I took her to stay at my family home until the kittens were weaned, since at the time I was working out of the city for several days at a time. As soon as that happened, she left the kittens and disappeared. I found her a few weeks later back at the bookshop, at least thirty miles away. My family would joyfully have adopted her, and had adopted her kittens, but nothing would persuade her to stay. I retrieved her from the bookshop several more times before she disappeared for good. Top points for loyalty, not for sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version